November 9th, 2012

November 9th, 2012

 

If there’s a thing that Eunhyuk wants to avoid the most, it’s a misunderstanding. Because it often caused by a small thing but can turn into a big problem. And sometimes trying to fix it is useless. Or if you say the wrong thing to fix it, it’ll get bigger.

Waking up by the news about him is never be Eunhyuk’s choice, whether it’s a good ones or bad ones. Because Eunhyuk doesn’t like being awaken up by surprise, especially if it’s a bad surprise. Being an idol for years makes Eunhyuk awares that things isn’t always in his hold, including the news that can come up anytime.

Unfortunately, the news that comes this morning is a bad one. Not for the cause of the news, but for the effect of the news. Misunderstanding, if he should confirm. People shouldn’t judge things that fast. But considering that the world is in the cyber era, news can spread to all over the world in no time, including the misunderstanding.

There’s nothing he can do, not before the company tell him what to do. Because being an idol, his life, his self, isn’t his alone. It’s the company’s too. He fully awares about that. That’s why he sits there alone in his car, not doing anything but driving to the company. The music player is quiet too, making it’s strange for him to sit in his own car which usually full of music.

He breathes before gets off the car. Hoping he will be the first one to arrive, he walks faster than usual. But finding the meeting room door half-opened, he knows that he isn’t the first one to arrive. At this time he wonders if he forgot to go to church last week, because things just aren’t going well since he woke up this morning.

Slowing his steps, he purposely stops in front of the door. It’s whether he just wants to know who has arrive or he isn’t ready to come in yet, that he eavesdrops the meeting room from the half-opened door.

“Stop looking at the news’ comment, it’s getting scarier you know,” someone says.

“Is he probably quarreling with this girl?” another one asks.

“No matter how you look at this photo, it’ll cause news like this,” another voice, laughing.

“When is this photo taken?”

“He’s just stupid, stupid...”

“Why is he? It’s that girl who posted the photo!”

“Why isn’t he coming yet?”

“Yah, try to call him. He isn’t trying to suicide somehere, right?” another laugh.

Eunhyuk steps aside, slides down the wall and squats. He knows those laugh. He used to laugh along with them. But now he just hates those laugh so much.

It’s the members, he fully acknowledges it. He can’t blame them for those spoken things, nor the mocking laugh. This scandal is just laughable for them.

For a big scale group like them, scandal isn’t a strange thing. They have been in the industry for years. Scandals come and go, small ones and big ones. They’ve passed it together.

But now he is alone in that scandal. Of course they would add Super Junior’s name, because he is a part of them. He knows it will affect them, or their name at least.

But they are boys, and boys are just like that. Teasing someone who’s in trouble is a normal thing, even when that person is a part of them. Whether it’s a way to make that particular person stronger or just for fun. Boys have fun that way. And being a sensitive boy doesn’t give any help for Eunhyuk to face it. But he has no choice, he has to endure it anyway.

The members are the best in acting like they don’t care, even mocking the member who gets in scandal, especially him, Eunhyuk. They aren’t the type who would give a warm and supporting hug if one of them involved in a scandal, especially if it’s a ridiculous scandal. Not that they aren’t close each other, but maybe because they’re too close already so they think that things like this aren’t necessary. They always think that they’ve grown up enough, that they must deal with their own scandal by themselves. That’s their unofficial and unspoken deal.

And he is Eunhyuk, the one who rarely get scandal but if he gets one, it’ll be a huge commotion. Like now. He managed to check the news before he drove to the company. And it’s a mess, much more than he thought it would be. He easily gets scared, and those news just make it worst. Biting his right thumb, he quietly prays for any sin he has made that God have to punish him this way.

Footsteps come closer, but he just can’t lift up his head from the floor. He knows those footsteps well, one of them is manager’s.

“Let’s talk inside,” the manager commands, doesn’t even stop and just walks pass him to the meeting room.

Eunhyuk hardly stands on his feet. A hand reaches his shoulder and squeezes it.

“Let’s go,” Kyuhyun says, the owner of that supporting hand on his shoulder.

---

They doesn’t ask him anything, not that kind of question. He doesn’t get a chance to explain, and they don’t want to hear anything from him too. He understands, at times like this whatever he says could turn out wrong. So they don’t want him to say anything.

The company just need to hear a confirmation from the other company. Phone calls come. They decided that the other company will make the confirmation, and his company won’t make any statement about this.

He doesn’t allowed to say anything, not to people who asks, or the media, or his social network account. He also doesn’t allowed to contact this girl, until undefinite time. The members too, they’re being told not to affected by it.

So there they are, practicing in the practice room as scheduled. He does his best, like nothing happened. The members know that once he’s on stage or dancing, he’ll forget everything behind. But somehow it scares them to see him too focused like now. It’s like in his world there’s only him, music, and the mirror reflecting his movement.

---

The members ask him few things when they’re practicing today. But not those kind of question that show their concern, that they want to know the truth from him. It’s just some questions of curiosity, nothing more. It doesn’t make him feel worse, but it doesn’t make him feel better too.

He decides to come home after hours of practice, because it’s the most comfortable and probably the safest place for him. He calls, but no one’s at home. So he just sits on the couch in the living room with his dong, Choco. Choco is the only warmth he can feel now, because there’s no one else on his own now.

The world sounds so quiet for his liking. He already turned off his cellphone this early morning. Watching television is definitely not his choice for now. So there’s nothing he can ―or more precisely, want to do now. Laying on the couch, he hugs Choco til he drift to sleep.

---

The first thing he sees when he wakes up is his mother’s face, the face he wants so see the most. She sits on the floor, watching his son sleeping.

“You’re awake?” his mother asks, smiling.

“Hm,” he gets up and sits on the couch, rubbing his still-sleepy eyes.

She gets up from the floor, “What time did you arrive?”

“I don’t know, few hours ago, maybe.”

“Have you eaten? Want Mom to cook you something?”

He nods, “I’m hungry. But aren’t you tired? You just came, right?”

She shakes her head, “No, it’s okay. It’s been a long time since you eat Mom’s dish, right? I’ll make you something to eat,” and goes to the kitchen.

Soon, his father and sister is at home too.

Sitting and eating with his family is always be the most comfortable time for him. But this time it’s a bit different., maybe because he feels like he has caused a trouble for them. Still, they don’t say anything about it. Instead, they talk about their opening-soon bakery, which successfully makes their dinner-time talk warmer.

He wonders if his family have heard about the news. There’s no reason they haven’t hear about it yet, right? But he haven’t hear anything from them. It’s like they don’t want to talk about it because they don’t want to make him feel worse.

He too doesn’t want to talk about it actually, he just wants to forget it if he can. But there’s a small guilt in him that makes him want to clear the spreading-worldwide misunderstanding. That he hopes someone from his family will asks what happened, and just scold him for doing the wrong thing if they need to.

But no, his family is just too nice. They always believe in him, that he will do things well on his own, that he can fix or at least pass this problem well. What they will give for him now is warmth, like they always give, so he won’t feel any different. Warmth that will let him know that he’ll always welcomed in his family, because no matter what the world say about him, his family still knows him the best.

He still manages to say “I’m sorry” while hugs his mother, before he steps out the house.

Patting his son’s back, his mother comforts, “There’s nothing you should sorry about.”

His mother wants him to sleep at home tonight, but he doesn’t want to, not tonight. Making excuse about schedule, he actually just want to be alone today. Though the dorm isn’t a place where he can be alone, but he’s sure the members are already asleep at this late hour. Besides, he has a room on his own, he can avoid them if he want to.

---

The dorm is quiet when he arrives. He walks to the kitchen, looking for something to drink that can make him quickly fall asleep. He finds a big carton of milk in the refrigerator.

“I thought you sleep at home,” a voice comes, almost startles him when he pours some milk into a glass.

“I thought you already asleep,” he says back, doesn’t dare to look up at Kyuhyun who stands in front of him across the dining table.

Kyuhyun shrugs, “I can’t sleep.”

“Oh.”

Kyuhyun watches how Eunhyuk stares at the pouring milk blankly, telling him that Eunhyuk’s mind isn’t here now. When Eunhyuk doesn’t seem to stop pouring the milk even when the glass almost full, he quickly takes away the carton from Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk looks up, “What?”

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun puts the carton on the table, “Wanna drink some wine with me?”

“...what?”

They sit on the sofa in the living room. A half-empty bottle of wine and two wine glasses are placed on the table. They don’t say a thing, just sip the wine from time to time. They don’t know how long they’ve sit there wordless, but it’s already dawn.

“Is she okay?” Eunhyuk asks finally, after a long sigh.

“Who?” Kyuhyun asks.

Eunhyuk doesn’t give an answer, Kyuhyun should already know.

Seconds or minutes passes and Kyuhyun finally manages to answer, “She must be okay. Why wouldn’t she?”

“I don’t know, maybe she’s―,” Eunhyuk can’t make it into words.

At that time, Kyuhyun doesn’t know if it’s because his hyung likes this girl too much or it’s because his hyung is a too nice person, that he still care about this girl. But he isn’t the type that can give comforting words about this, so he just stay quiet.

Only when Eunhyuk takes his cellphone from his pocket, Kyuhyun asks, “What are you doing?”

“Call her.”

“No!” he snatches the cellphone away, finally knows that his hyung is already drunk. “You can’t do that!”

“Why?!”

“The company doesn’t allow you!”

“They won’t know!”

“But I know! And I won’t let you!”

“Why?! You don’t understand! You have no idea how I feel now!”

“Yes, I don’t understand how you feel about her! But I do know how frustating it is when thousands of people against me!”

“Wha-“

“Even the members!”

The memory hits Eunhyuk. He knows what Kyuhyun means. Thousands of fans ever against and bashing Kyuhyun for joining Super Junior. Even the members didn’t really like Kyuhyun at that time. Kyuhyun stood by his own at that time, just like him now. “Fine! I won’t call!” he gets up from the sofa, leaving Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun feels sorry for being hard to his troubled hyung. But it’s frustating him too, to watch Eunhyuk seems so helpless. He walks to the kitchen where Eunhyuk is. Watching his hyung with the head hungs low and the body shakes by tears, Kyuhyun hugs him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to, I just don’t like to see you like this.”

Eunhyuk holds his cry. He just doesn’t know how he feels and why the tears come. Maybe anger. Maybe fear. He doesn’t know, but it feels really uncomfortable.

“Just let it all go,” Kyuhyun whispers, tightens his hug.

There, Eunhyuk breaks. Doesn’t bother to hold his cry anymore, he hugs Kyuhyun tighter. He doesn’t care if other members awake by the sound of his crying. He just doesn’t want to hide anymore, not when a pair of warm arms hug him like it’s telling him that everything will be okay.

“It won’t take long. Just don’t make it worse. All you have to do is endure. It’s okay. It will be okay,” Kyuhyun whispers, kissing Eunhyuk’s hair reassuringly.

Eunhyuk doesn’t know what will happen when the morning comes. Will it get better or will it get worse. But at least the uncomfortableness is lessen when he breaks out from his shell and decides to reveice a tight, warm, and comforting hug. It is all he needs for now.

 

-end-

 

I've been thingking about making the alternative ending for this. you know, real kyuhyuk story. but...i don't know if i will make it or not.