only for you...

Cherishing You

 

*A/N: those in italics are flashbacks~~ and those in * * are thoughts~~

 

Sitting on her bed, looking through the photo album which contained all the sweet memories they had for the past 24 years. Yes, that’s how long they have met. Ever since birth, they had been told by a lot of people that they are destined to be with each other for life and that was what they believed in. The usual happened - Becoming the best of friends, falling in love and of course, dating.

4 years passed after he first confessed, he was accepted into cube entertainment. She supported him, his dreams and his decision. That period of time was the sweetest. Even though he was busy training, he would always find time just to accompany her. And she did not once think of giving up on him. She even joined a fellow agency to be a model just to match up with her soon-to-be-idol boyfriend, thinking that he will be embarrassed in the future because she was not anyone famous while he is.

*Maybe it was a bad choice… Maybe I’m just paranoid…* she closed the photo album as a memory came into her mind.

“Jagiya… I thought you wanted to be a pastry chef. Why this?” He asked when she broke the news to him.

*It’s for you…* “Aniya, dreams do change and mine did. And it isn’t hard to get influence by your own parents right?” She said with a grin on her face. *For you, I’m willing to change my dreams…*

“If that’s what you really want…” He smiled and placed a peck on her lips before swinging their interlaced fingers, continuing with their date.

Letting out a sigh, she placed the photo album into her suitcase and carried on packing for her trip to London.  This trip might turn out to be just a way trip. There is no guarantee that she will be coming back to Korea for her career.  If the fashion show turns out well, she will be signing a contract to be a long term model there. Even not, she would be planning to stay there for her dreams instead of coming back and cry herself to sleep every single night.

The door to her room slammed open. Being the light sleeper she is, she abruptly woke up from her beauty sleep. She sat up immediately, staring straight into his eyes.

“What is it that you want at…” she glanced at the clock,” … 3 am in the morning?? Shouldn’t you be at your dorm right now??” she knew the reason why he was there at that timing but she could not soften and give in. It was for him.

“Why did you say that you like him better than you like me?? Shouldn’t you know better that he is our rival, MY rival??” he walked closer to the edge of the bed, not taking his eyes off her.

Mentally, she flinched. She hated this side of him ever since he debuted. She hated the jealousy that was coming out of him every single time she had a scandal. She hated him being too over protective of her whenever she wears something too y or even posing just with a male model. She hated that fact that he had changed and was not that same him anymore. She just wanted the guy who used to trust her and the guy who she could lean on, to be back.

*We almost had a scandal and it almost killed your career…  You expect me to say I like you more…??* She wanted to say that to him. However, she can’t. He did not know that the reason why she kept giving excuses whenever he finds a free day where they could go out for date. Neither did he know that the reason why she was avoiding him. All he ever did was to blame her for everything she did.

Not backing down, she mustered her best cold tone and said, “I can’t afford to lose my career because of you… I’m at the peak of my career right now and we had a scandal a few months back... If I said I like you more, the reporters and paparazzi will definitely find out about our past and that we are a couple. I just can’t let this destroy MY career…” 

He let out a snort when he heard what she said.

“If your career is more important than OUR relationship, then I’ll leave. I will get out of your life forever.”  He glared at her.

*Of course relationship worth more than this ty career… I have never liked my job… but if I end our relationship just for the sake of your career and the sake of your dreams… I am willing to…* trying her best to not let him see her teary eyes, she nodded with a smirk. “Of course MY career is more important than OUR relationship…”

“Well then… Good luck and you have my blessings…” He coldly looked at her one last time before turning and left her room. The moment he left, she broke down immediately. That was the biggest and the last fight they ever had.

Her phone vibrated and a familiar name appeared on the screen. It was Minhyuk. Tiredly, she reached out for her phone and pressed the answer button.

“Hel-“ Before she could continue, Minhyuk had already had her cut off.

“Hi baby!! How’s was packing coming along??” She chuckled lightly at her ever so cheerful oppa.

“It is fine oppa, I’m managing well…” A small smile could be seen from her face.

Ever since the fight between the two, Minhyuk was the only person who could make her smile. He is also the only one who knew about their situation and the only person she could rely on for information about him and the person who helps her in taking good care of him.

“Baby, are you alright…? Do you need me to be down at your apartment tonight??” From the change in his tone, she could tell that he knew she was feeling down.

“Don’t worry oppa, I’m fine!” She tried her best to sound cheerful for him, hoping he would buy that.

“Whether you want it or not, I’m coming over right now! I have something to pass it to you!” He cheerfully chimed.

“But I’m no-“ Before she could reject him, the doorbell was heard. Grunting, she stomped to the door and opened it. There stood a smiling Minhyuk, waving his hand at her. “I know you wanted to reject me. But baby, I’m your BELOVED oppa… I know you too well!” He said in a singing tone and ruffled her hair while she pouts. He then invited himself into the house and onto her couch, with her trudging right behind him.

“Getting things straight to the point, what are you doing here, my BELOVED oppa??” She raised her eyebrows.

“Ahhhh… That… I just wanna ask you again… Do you really have to leave the country?? I mean, not for his sake… but for those that love you and will miss you..??” *of course it was for him…* this was the question he had been asking her since the day she had told him about the trip to London and how her plans of not coming back comes into action when she is over there.

“Oppa… we have been over this issue for weeks… and every time you see me, you will be asking me the same question over and over again. You do know that I won’t be changing my mind right??” She replied, playing with her fingers.

He held her hands which made her look up to him, directly into his eyes. “Baby… we both know that you are not willing to go for this trip. And we both know that you are not willing to let all these memories go down the drain. Is there really nothing I can do to stop you from leaving this country and to change your mind??” She could see the sadness in his eyes. But no, she was not going to let anyone sway her. She shook her head, *mianhae oppa… I have to…*

He let out a sigh and gave her a smile. “I hope it is a decision that you won’t regret. But this isn’t the main purpose why I am here…” She gave him a confused look. “I know I won’t be able to persuade you, and you know that our concert is just a day before your flight…” He took out an envelope from his pocket and handed it to her, “Just for the last time, come and support me… support us as a fan of ours, hmm??” 

Knowing that she can never say no to her oppa, she nodded hesitantly. *One last time… just one last look and I’m going to forget all about them, all about HIM…*

He ruffled her hair one last time before standing up from the couch. “I’ll leave you to pack hmm..?? See you in 2 days’ time!!”  He smiled and places a light kiss on her forehead and left the scene.

“Born to beat!! Annyeonghasaeyo BToB imida!!” That was their first greeting to their fans on the day of the showcase. Everyone in the venue screamed as loud as they could, including her.

Even though there were thousands of fans, he still managed to find her easily in the crowd. Making that one eye contact with her had already made her heart melt, what’s more, his charming eye smile. Fans around her thought that he was making eye contact with them and started squealing. But they both knew, it was only meant for her and only her. At that time, he was still that sweet boyfriend that she loved.  The members knew about their forbidden relationship and tried their best to keep it a secret for them.

When she heard the news of him being able to debut, she was happy for him. Happy that he was finally fulfilling his dreams of being an idol. She worked very hard just to get recognition from fashion designers. And her hard work paid off. She finally debuted as a photo shoot model.

She became his fan and he became hers. She would go for every of his performance and trainings when she had the time to. She would prepare food for him and them whenever she visited. But gradually, all these became lesser and lesser, and eventually, it came to a stop. She became high in demand that she did not even have the time to rest. She wanted to quit, she wanted to be herself again. But she knew she could not. The sum of money that she would have to pay when she cancelled the contract, the basic trust and respect to and for the company… but most importantly… the disappointed look on her parents’ face. It is not because she could not afford it, but rather she did not want to become a burden and disappoint her parents who have always wanted her to walk the same path that they took.

 It came to point where she realised that no matter how normal or famous she is, she could not be with him. Just because of his career, his dreams, his reputation and of course, his fans.

The next few days passed slowly with her doing the same routines. Crying herself to sleep, waking up with puffy eyes, using make-up to conceal it, her jobs of the day, packing her stuffs, talking to Minhyuk.  And the cycle repeats till D-Day… the day of the concert.

The thought of meeting him again after so long was killing her. All she wanted to do was to go up to him and hug him, telling him how much she missed him. But it was clear in her mind that meeting him to patch up was not the main idea. It was an idea that can never be done. She shook those thoughts out of her head. *No Eunhee… you are not meeting him as his girlfriend anymore… he does not belong to you anymore… as a fan Eunhee, just as a fan and this is the last concert you are going before you give up on this fandom, before you give up on him…* she placed her fist on her pounding heart and ensured herself one more time before stepping out of the cab.

Queuing for merchandises, squealing to one another and the excitement on all the young fans faces. Seeing these familiar scenes, she could not help but smile. *I was once like this too…* she chuckled lightly and glanced at the ticket on her hand. *As usual… the VIP seat…* knowing that she would be noticed rather easily by them, or rather… him; she changed her ticket with one of the fan girl along with a photo and autograph given to her.

Soon enough, she was in the venue. With her hood on, she leaned back into her seat, hoping that none of the fans around would recognise her. The lights dimmed, indicating that the concert was starting. Her heart could not help but pound even harder against her rib cage. *I’m finally seeing him again. Even though its for the last time…* she sadly thought while looking at the stage.

There he was on stage, in the centre, looking at where her previous seat was. She could not help but  be mesmerised by him once again. She felt like she was falling in love with him all over again. That was the first time after weeks, she smiled, genuinely. Only he could make her feel that way, only he could make her day and only because of him… she felt in love and happy once again. That was the effect of him on her.

Throughout the whole opening of the concert, he was looking for her all over the VIP section. *Minhyuk hyung told me she would be coming… but why can’t I see her anywhere at her seat and yet it was another girl?? But the girl on her seat… she doesn’t seem to be related to Eunhee…  I guess… she just doesn’t want to see me…*

Eunhee walked to the backstage to look for the members, only to be attacked by a tight hug from behind.

“Babe, why weren’t you at your seat?? Do you know how worried I was, not seeing you sitting there and it was your cousin instead…?” He whispered into her ears. She chuckled lightly as she pulled away from his hug and turned to face him.

“Oppa… I don’t always have to be at the VIP section every time you guys are having a concert… I’m fine sitting by the side and supporting you like what a fan would do…” she grinned. “And don’t think I don’t know what you are planning… hmm…?? You can’t always be giving fan service to the people at the VIP section just because I’m there. You have other fans too you know..?? So I rather not be there while you spread out your love equally to all the other fans while looking for me.” She pinched his nose lightly while he held her by her waist.

“Yes Master jagi, next time I will do it discreetly…  I will ask hyung to pass you the ticket instead.” He saluted to her before leaning in, closing the gap between them. “Like I always say, having thousands or even millions of fans, does not beat the fact of having that one fan that loves me for who I am…” he place his forehead on hers, “Especially when I love her back more…” he whispered to her before placing his lips on hers, giving her a sweet kiss.

 He tried his best not to not to let the fans notice that he was disappointed and with his acting skills, he managed to pull it through. But his prediction was just wrong, she was there and she was the only one who knew about the search, the forced smile and the fake happy tone he was giving the fans. *Were you disappointed that I wasn’t here… or were you just tired from the trainings and rehearsal?? Most probably the latter right…?? Why would you miss someone who broke your heart so badly…??* A sad smile was plastered on her face.

After their 7th song, he had gotten over the fact that she was not there at the concert at all. Even though he did a great job hiding his disappointment, Minhyuk saw it. Knowing that she would never break her promise and that it was common for her to give or exchange her seat away, he looked for her in the crowd. He signalled all the other members for their help and managed to find her before the group of people went down the stage to prepare for their solo stages.

“The plan still continues hmm…” Minhyuk gave him a light pat on his back when he saw him slouching while walking back to their changing room. He looked at Minhyuk, slightly confused. Minhyuk smiled and winked at him instead and walked ahead to the changing room first. *She’s here! She’s here right now in the concert venue!!* He smiled at the thought. He ran into the room immediately, bugging Minhyuk to tell him where she was sitting.

Minhyuk shook his head firmly, “There’s no way I’m gonna tell you where she was sitting!! So now, let me go, my solo stage is next!! Just remember, the plan continues…” He winked at him again and left the room.

Soon after Minhyuk’s solo stage, it was his. The performance she had been waiting for since an hour and a half ago was starting soon. Filled with anticipation and curiosity, she looked at the stage intently as he stood in the centre, wearing a plain black tee with black suit-like pants, along with a white tuxedo jacket. Right in front of him was a stand with a microphone attached and a single spotlight shining brightly on him. A familiar melody was heard as he stood there, prepared. *This song…* slightly ajar.

The song that he first sang to her while confessing. The song that made her realised that he loved her as much as she did. The song that made her said yes to him. Every word of the song was as meaningful to her as how it was to him. He was actually singing this live, right now, but the only difference was, she wasn’t the only audience.

The young him held her hand tightly as he brought her to the park they always went to. “Sit here!! And wait!!” He shouted as he ran away from her sight to the back on the bench, where he took out his guitar. She looked at him with curiosity as he sat down beside her and cleared his throat. With his soothing voice, he began to sang.

The person I think of wordlessly, the moment I open my eyes.
For some reason, I liked that, so I just laughed.
On a busy day, the person I suddenly wonder about
She kept stepping all over my vision, so it was fascinating
(Are you that person)
That one person who lives quietly in my heart,
(Are you that person)
That one person who is so strong
Even if I just think of her, my heart becomes warm
as if the sun is shining on it
I cherish that, I cherish that person
Because I like that person, I guess she was born in this spot
The words that I love you, the words that I always miss you,
As much as these words are never enough, I cherish that person
When I’m alone at night, when I suddenly miss her,
My heart is overflowing, as if I’m holding my breath
As I walk the streets, because I worry about her,
my footsteps stop as I think
(Are you that person)
That one person who lives quietly in my heart,
(Are you that person)
That one person who is so strong,
Even if I just think of her, my heart becomes warm
as if the sun is shining on it
I cherish that, I cherish that person
Because I like that person, I guess she was born in this spot
The words that I love you, the words that I always miss you,
The days that aren’t enough to love you
I cherish that, I cherish that person
Saying I love you is a preciousness I can do nothing about
If only I could fall asleep and wake up by her side
As much as my everything can be used,
I cherish that person

The whole time till the song ended, he did not take his gaze off her and neither did she. The song reflected her feelings towards him and the feeling she had been keeping and hiding all this while.

“Yah… why are you crying..??” He asked as he wiped off her tears. Chuckling, she shook her head. “Anniyo… I’m just touched by your voice and the lyrics of the song… So… Who are you going to confess to this time round..??”  Hiding the bitterness in her voice. “ Jieun, Seoji or Rebecca..??”

*It’s either now or never…* not taking his hands off her face, he said, “Jang Eunhee, you are the person whom this song is fitted to… you are the person that is always on my mind… you are the person I’m always worrying about… you are the one that I want to wake up to… you are the reason to all my laughter and smiles… you are the person I cherished the most… and of course, you are the one that I love… will…” he hesitated before asking, “Will you be my girl and stay with me forever??” He finished his sentence with her crying even harder.

“Yah waegeurae…?? Hmm..??” He worriedly wiped her tears with his thumbs. She shook her head and smiled, “I just didn’t think that this day would ever come… and yes, I would love to do that…” she softly added. The next moment, she was up in mid-air, with him hugging tight and swinging her in circles.

Hearing him sing that song once again, whether if it was meant for her or not, her tears fell like they did during his confession. Every single sentence, every single word, every single letter. It felt like he was confessing to her all over again.

He was. All that came into his mind while singing the song was her and their memories together. The past weeks had been a torture to both of them and he knew it. He even knew the reason why she pushed him away after what Minhyuk had told him.  He also knew that she was leaving for London the very next day. He had to do something, something to just keep her by his side again.

Soon, the audience started to cheer loudly, indicating that the performance has ended. She broke her trance and quickly wiped her tears. She had to leave. The longer she stayed, the more she could not bear to leave their memories behind, to leave him behind. She quickly took her bag and pulled down her hood and quickly walked up the alley.

When everyone finally stopped cheering, he started talking. “Was the song nice..?? Did you guys enjoy it??” He asked while smiling to the fans. The fans cheered once again before he started talking again.

“Actually, the song that I have just sang, is very meaningful to me and the person I cherished a lot.” This sentence made her stop in her tracks. He continued, “I have something to confess. And I’m not going to lie to you guys anymore…” *no… please, just no!* “… I was actually attached even before my trainee days.” He said into his microphone. *No you babo! You are just ruining yourself!* Murmurs could be heard from around the concert hall, but it quietened down as he carried on.

“I know that this is shocking and unbelievable to some but it is the truth. This special girl who has been through thick and thin with me has now broken up with me because of my selfishness. She was the one who supported me and my dreams. She encouraged me and told me not to give up. She was the reason why I’m standing tall and proud on this stage right now in front of you guys without feeling nervous. She was the only who did not give up on me but gave up on her own dreams instead just because she was afraid that she would not be able to match up to me in the future. She was my special girl and my strong baby who did everything for me without wanting anything in return.”  She stood rooted on the ground with her back facing the stage he stood on, her tears continue to fall.

“But, I screwed up. I changed without me even knowing and became over protective. I did not take into consideration the fact that she was doing all these for me rather than for herself. She would rather destroy her reputation, just to keep my Mr-Nice-Guy image. Hurting herself, letting herself suffer alone and even being cold to me was just all the things she did just to protect my dreams. I have always wanted to let you guys know about our relationship but she rather not because she did not want to hurt you guys. So, I’m going to ask you guys a favour, will you guys accept us..??”  The concert hall was quiet. No one said a thing. *I knew this was a very bad idea…* she wanted to move her legs but someone actually shouted.

“If oppa’s going to be happy with her, I won’t mind. If we are true fans, we will support them won’t we..??”  The fan who she exchanged her ticket with, shouted. Another chimed in. and soon, the whole concert hall were cheering for him as they shouted out their approval of their relationship *They actually accepted us… but I can’t… I have hurt him too much…*

He eye smiled, “Thank you so much! But now, there’s another problem… She doesn’t belong with me anymore… However, she is here today and so I need your help to make her mine again. Will you guys help me..??” the fans cheered instantly. “She is Jang Eunhee, the well-known model and she is somewhere in this hall right now, however, she is not on her assigned seat that Minhyuk hyung had given her. Can you guys help me find her?” He said while looking around the whole hall. The moment Eunhee heard her name being called out, she gasped and pulled down her hood even more, cover more than half of her face. She starts moving up the steps again but stops when someone was in front of her. Seeing the familiar-looking pair of shoes, she immediately recognised whose it was.

 “Oppa, please, just let me leave…” her voice trembled as she looked at the owner. Eunkwang stood in her way and place his hands on her shoulders. “Hee, you know you won’t be able to leave this place until you listen to what he had to tell you. You know that we have been trying hard to protect your relationship from the fans and the media.  But now, we all think that it is the time to tell them.  At least hear him out. There’s no point running from this hall because we are all blocking each and every entrance. I’m sorry Hee…” He smiled to her. She gave in, letting out a sigh and let Eunkwang turn her towards the stage. She stumbled back slightly as she came very close to Hyungsik which caused him to hold her by her waist, preventing her from falling back.

“O-oppa….” She stuttered as she blushed slightly. This was the first time after so long he was holding her. And the first time after so long she was looking at him up close. Pulling her closer towards him, he wiped her fallen tears with his free hand and whispered, “Baby, I’m sorry… “Looking straight in her eyes, he said into the mic.

“Jagiya, I’m sorry about the words I had said to you… I’m sorry that I’m being over protective over you when I knew that you were just doing your job… I’m sorry about that fact that I’m making you suffer… I’m sorry for doubting you… I’m sorry for not having the courage to call you after knowing the truth… I’m sor-“he was cut off by her finger that was placed by on his lips.

“Aniya oppa… you don’t have to be sorry because I chose this myself… I chose to protect you because I want to and I felt the need to… I chose to keep your image and your dreams because they are more important to you than mine was to me, because I don’t have the courage to pursue it… so don’t blame yourself. But there’s one thing I must say, sorry for saying that my career is more important than our relationship.” She said to him, shaking her head with a small smile on her tears stricken face.

Those words of hers made the ends of his lips moved up, forming a wide smile. “So…. Am I forgiven..?” His smile disappeared slightly when he saw her shaking her head.

“Ani… it shouldn’t be me forgiving you. It should be me seeking for your forgiveness. So will you forgive me..?? Forgive me for being cold to you; forgive me for not having the courage to contact you for the past few weeks and…” she looked down, avoiding his eyes, “… and also… forgive me for going to leave our memories and you behind…” She mumbled, only to hear his chuckles.

Confused, she looked up at him once again. *Is it that funny that I’m going to leave tomorrow..??* He searched for her eyes, “You are already forgiven in the first place. And don’t worry about leaving me and our memories behind…” His smile grew wider, “Because you aren’t leaving for the trip anymore… I had already told your management that… and also, I had told them that I’m gonna bring you away for 2 weeks after this concert…” He whispered softly to her.

Eunhee’s eyes widened. “M-mwoh… you did what…??!” Her shocked face only earned chuckles from the beautiful man in front of her and the crowd surrounding her, including the rest of the members. *… I’ve forgotten that we are not alone…* she thought when she saw her shocked face appearing on screen. Blushing madly, she quickly hid her face in Hyungsik’s chest, mumbling to him. “Why am I on the screen…?? I… was our convo heard by the crowd..??” Smiling widely because of her cute, embarrassed action, he nodded. *Aish…. This is so embarrassing!!* She mentally screamed as he hugged her tightly.

Releasing her from the hug, he turned her and faced her to the crowd and the camera. He said into the mic as he hugged her from the back and placed his head on her shoulder, “This beautiful girl belongs with me and only me, Im Hyungsik. She took my heart and I never want her to return it to me. ”

He placed a small peck on her cheek as she covered her face due to the attention she was getting. He turned her back to face him and removed her hands from her face. Looking straight into her eyes, he continued. “Jang Eunhee, the only special girl that I have loved… will you keep the promise of my first confession…?? Will you be my girl and stay with me forever..??”

Just like his first confession, she replied with teary eyes, “Of course oppa, of course I would love to…” She grinned as she felt herself being lifted up and swinging in mid-air, just like that time. He placed her down after a while before leaning down to her. “Jang Eunhee, saranghae…” He mumbled while placing pecks on her lips in between every single word before kissing her sweetly in front of the crowd.

 


 

i hope this doesnt that much~~!! comments are loved!!