Again...

ShipWrecked

When everything seemed prefectly well, was when the worst happened. I remember it like it happened just yesterday:

Flashback 9 years ago:

"ZANA! DARA!" My umma yelled while running about the frantic ship. The screams of terror. The blinding pouring of rain. The bellowing roars and flashing thunder and lightning. None of it seemed real.

"Umma Appa!" Dara screamed over to my parents. I held her hand while she tried to run over to them. We immediately stopped when the mast broke and fell, narrowly missing my shoulder. Dara pulled me into her arms, protecting me from the violent wind and flying splintered wood.

"Take the raft!" Appa yelled, diving across the bow to avoid a heavy piece of falling glass.

"No...Not without----"

"Just get in! Find your way to the mainland!" Appa said desperately. Dara tearfully obeyed and pushed the raft into the water, placing me inside. Then she took one last look behind before climbing in herself. I felt my own tears now seeping out. I held onto the sides of the raft for support, as an unexpected violent gust of wind pushed through, snapping the raft in two. I fell into the icy water of the angry sea and grabbed onto the side of the broken raft before it was too late.

"No! ZANA!" Dara shrieked while hopelessly reaching out her arms to save me. I pushed myself onto the raft, the chillyness taking away my energy.

"Dara..." I said barely above a whisper, as I watched my sister being violently carried away by the current. Then it went black.

I found myself on the beach of a deserted island when I regained conciousness. Ever since the shipwreck, I never dared to try to escape into the darkness of the sea.

 

Present Time, 15 years old:

I swiftly climbed up into the sturdy palm tree, scanning the familiar shore of the island. I swung from the tree's vine, smiling, landing smoothly on the ground. This was it. Just me, myself, and I. And Lulu of course. The little red squirrel scurried up my leg and onto my shoulder.

"Here we go Lulu. We're finally getting off this damn island." It didnt seem right to call it home. Nor did it seem right to call it a prison. I'd adapted well to the island, but I simply couldn't stay longer. I had to try to fulfill my appa's wish and get to the mainland. A ray of hope surged through my body as the possibility of seeing my sister again passed my mind. I ran across the sand, reaching the raft I made over the past month. It took tedious work and a gentle but firm hand. I pulled down on the same old faded pale blue strapless dress I was wearing, and I played around with the rope bands and bracelets on my arm. The worn out, frayed pieces of string were barely holding on. I remembered when my sister gave then to me on my 6th birthday. I couldn't imagine losing them.

"Lets go." I said, not tearing my eyes away from the decieving ocean. I stepped onto the raft and placed Lulu inside too. I paddled into the serene sea, hoping that the past wouldnt repeat itself.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Lulu huddled in the corner of the raft as they swaying raft chunkily moved along the water. The pattering rain soaking me, I used every last bit of my strength to hold on to the raft. I groaned, trying to steer the raft away from the vengeful ocean. It was as though this was revenge: for letting me survive nine years ago. The screaming sea clashed its waves against me, trying to swallow the raft.

*I should never have left* I felt an obvious tear slip past my eye as i crouched in the corner with Lulu. It was over. The memories of the last shipwreck took over my already emotional mind. There was no way I would be getting out twice. I felt the blackness curling over me, and then the darkness took over me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

A/N~ Annyeong! Ok so this is a sort of introduction to Arizana's kind of lifestyle. I just wanted you readers to see the emotion come through. Just to let you know, I will be updating this story even if I dont have any subscribers at all. I do like support, so please leave a comment below if you have one! :)

Ok well bye for now!

Gomawo everyone!

HarryPotterFanatic

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥