The Secret Is Almost Discovered

Because I Don't Know How To Love

             Today is 31 December, the last day in every year. It is a cold morning, still in wintertime. “Tok! Tok! Tok!” I heard someone knock my house door. Today, I will be alone again in my house. I go downstairs to look out who is outside. It is Jae Jin so I open the door for him. “Let come in.” I ask him. “Oh never mind. Your parents ask me to bring you along to the countdown of New Year at the town this night with my unni too. You can right.” He explains plainly to me. “Alright!”

            The time has come, it is 11 pm right now. We have arrived early but the people are crowded there. I was excited just now but my mood slightly reduce because Jae Kyung unni didn’t come along . While waiting for the countdown, I meet Seung Hyun again. We chat about school and I don’t want talk about the watch or love now. For me my duty is study but what is my feeling to Hong Ki? Is it love?” Until a moment, I notice a pair of eyes looking at me and Seung Hyun. I look back the eyes but he avoids it. I run to Jae Jin because Seung Hyun is begin talking about his feelings towards me. I don’t have time to talk about it.

            He is Hong Ki, yes he is the person who looking at me just now. I know it from my heart, I know his glare and I know he likes staring on me. “But why?” All of sudden, it goes out from my noiseless mouth. “But what?” Jae Jin says to me and by the time Hong Ki looks at me too. He is standing next to Jae Jin. He goes there along with Min Hwan and Jong Hoon. They look at me weirdly. “Oh nothing! Don’t look me like that.” I run to the place that nearer and cover my own face. “Shameful!” I slap my face.

            “Hey! My beloved, don’t slap your own face.” He pulls my hand and he wants bring me to a place. “No! I’ll not follow you. I’m willing stay here alone better than I follow you.” I try to push my hand back but he is stronger than me. “Ouch! It’s hurt!” I yell around. “Hey you! What are you doing to her?” Hong Ki looks angry. “Who are you? Don’t disturb our business! Only take care yourself. Get a mirror in front of you before you get involved in the others business!” He talks with the high voice and still pulls my hand. Hong Ki grabs my hand from him and says directly “She is my girlfriend…You’re the one who should stop disturb the other. Understand.” Seung Hyun just runs from here. “Hong Ki! Thank you to be my saviour today!” I thank him. “You’re welcome but ignore all the word that I’ve said.” He replies me but in cold situation again. “But why?” I try to ask him. “10, 9, 8, 7,…” We heard the emcee is beginning counting down on. “Min Jo-ah, let’s go now!” He goes to the last place and I just follow him. “3, 2, 1 Happy New Year!” the fireworks gives out the glows in the middle of night. I make a wish. Secret wish.

            We go back to our own house. In the next afternoon, “Tok! Tok! Tok!” someone knock the door but I have known who is outside, it must Jae Jin. The other person will use the doorbell. “Yes oppa! I’m coming” I walk towards the door while wearing the headband on my head. I turn the doorknob to the right side and push it. “Yes, what do you want this time?” I ask him in front of the door. “Are you not inviting me to come in?” He asks me back, senseless jokes. “Ok! Ok! Let’s come in.” I say and sit on the couch. “Actually, I want ask you to go somewhere before we start our school back.” He begins our conversation. “Where?” I ask him excitedly. “Go for ice skating…  the first place you meet the loveliest Hong Ki” He winks at me.

            “Where did you know it?” I ask him bizarrely. “I’m hiring a spy for you.” He chuckle. “Jae Jin please tells me the truth.” I force him. “Actually, I follow you by the day. Your mother asks me to do so. Besides, I’ll not trust to you if you’re alone.” He continues to talk. “Okay! I’ll spend my time tomorrow but Jae Kyung unni will follow us right?” I really hope she will come for us. “She will.”