First Meeting

Three Words.. Eight Letters

 

Our First Meeting   

 First day in school as a senior, Seohyun walked along the hallway. Heading to her classroom, she suddenly paused in front of an empty room where an old wooden sign has the numbers [1-2 carved] on it. She took a deep breath as memories of the past came rushing through her mind.

 

(Flashback)

3 years ago…

As a freshman, Seohyun is very hyper and excited for a new experience on her first day of school, willing to meet new acquaintances and BFFs. Even with the fact that she is just a new kid in town for she just moved out from her mother’s hometown, her confidence and belief that she’ll do great in her new school is so overwhelming that a wide grin crept on her pretty face.

“Aja! Aja Hwaiting!” She muttered under her breath as she continued walking.

Obviously excited and nervous, Seohyun went to school an hour before the actual start of class and only the rustling of leaves outside the window kept her company. Only a few students are there and some were part of student organization so they are actually having a meeting plan for the control of flow of students later. As for our Seohyun, she continued on her stride when she spotted a figure on the windows in one of the classrooms. Her gaze fell upon a piece of paper posted in front of the door of that classroom. She scanned it and saw her name printed there.

“So this is my classroom…” She inhaled a gutful of air and raised her head to see the signboard on top of the door.

‘[1-2]’

‘This will be my classroom.’ Seohyun squealed inside as she slowly slid the door.

And there, that figure again. But it was not a mere figure anymore, it’s a boy.

“Hi…” Seohyun said, enough for the guy to hear. She saw the man turn his head to her direction.

The lighting of the dim room is enough for her to see the whole picture. A guy in school uniform, headphones plugged in his ears and hair neatly styled.  You can see picture of a normal student eh? It’s not anywhere near there because there is something with the look in his doe-like eyes, the perfectly sculpted nose and his thin lips that made Seohyun take a step back.  She was overwhelmed by the guy’s presence and was about to leave the room when the guy called her attention.

“Hey, it’s alright. Don’t leave.” The guy said and gave a slight smile.

“Oh…Sure, thanks.” She placed her bag to the nearest chair from the door and sat, keeping in mind to make the slightest noise possible to not disturb the other person in the room. She scanned her eyes to the whole room. A typical classroom, nothing much, her gaze fell at the back where the guy sits peacefully. His eyes, closed as if he’s enjoying the music coming to his ears. Seohyun didn’t notice that she stared at the guy a bit longer than expected and the guy caught her looking. A hint of pink crept on her cheeks from embarrassment.

“Uh...uh...Good Morming…” She stuttered. ”May I ask?” He gave a light nod. “Why are you here so early?”

“Ah, just escaping from someone or maybe some people.” The guy uninterestingly answered and cocked his head to the sight outside the window.

“Oh...O…Okay.” She said in a suspicious tone and turned her attention to the blackboard. ‘Maybe he has a debt on someone and he’s hiding from them…’ She said in her mind but there is something in that guy that says he’s not anywhere near to that type. ‘Aish...I’m thinking foolishness again.”

Neither of the two might have noticed how time flies way too fast, for both of them were utterly startled when the school bell rang merrily to their ears. A crowd of students can now be seen going in and out of their respected classrooms. A lot of students were now inside their classroom. The silence that once filled the room was gone in just a split second and the guy took off his gadget and kept silent. Seohyun’s attention turned to the girls and she started having conversations with them. She’s excited to have new friends.

++++

“Students, please introduce your selves one by one.” Their new adviser, Mrs. Shin announced and students started introducing themselves.

“Good Morning. I am Seo Joo Hyun, Seohyun is enough. I am 15 years old. I love cats as well as dogs. My hobby is drawing and writing poetry and prose. You can approach me anytime and I wish all of us can be friends.” She energetically said, giving off a lighter atmosphere. The guy sitting next to him stood up.

“A pleasant morning to everyone, I am Oh Sehun. 16 years of age. Member of the Newsletter Committee since elementary, writing is my life. I can say that I want to have a harmonious relationship with all of you. Hwaiting!” Now this is an outgoing guy, they thought. A squeal came out from the majority of the girls which surprised Seohyun.

‘Eh? What’s with these girls?’ She glanced at Sehun and blinked a couple of times before turning her attention to the next student.

‘Cute’ She thought.

She got a little bored with all the introduction of her fellow students when another shrieks were heard.

“Eh? What’s that again?” Seohyun muttered under her breath and cocked his head at the back. She stopped momentarily before snapping back to consciousness.

It’s him again, ‘Lu Han’. She heard him say. ‘His name is Lu Han? Not bad.’ Seohyun heard another set of annoying screams from the girls around her.

“Kyaa… His name is Luhan? O my! So cool! I’m very blessed to be in this class! Thanks god!” One of her female classmates said and the other girls nodded in approval. Seohyun just listened to them in amusement.

‘Very interesting.’ She said in her mind.

Luhan retreated to his seat and continued scribbling at the back of his notes. That same reaction from the girls didn’t surprise LuHan. He was stalked in Middle School and was not able to gain new friends because some were just befriending him for the sake of popularity or other ulterior motives. Even with these circumstances, he was still able to make friends. The real friends that stayed with him through rise and fall of times, is, the EXO. When he had an unpleasant time on his Middle School life, these boys became his shield, his brothers, and his true friends. They never judged him on his life and background but instead accepted it.

However, there is one thing that is really peculiar about LuHan. Once he’s alone and he’s friends are not around him, he’ll be quiet and be a loner but it will change dramatically whenever he’s with the Exo boys. His face will lit up and will turn to be the most handsome, smiling cute guy in their group. It’s like a total transformation once the EXO boys were around, which might have been a good thing.

++++

“Class, since the introductions are now over, I will now arrange your seats.” Mrs. Shin made the students wait outside and call them one by one.

“AAAAAAAaahhhhhhhhhh! Sonsaengnim! Let me sit beside Luhan oppa! Teacher! I’ll study harder!”

“Mrs. Shin!!!! Please!  Sehun oppa! Let’s be seatmates! Kyaaaa!”

“Luhan Oppa! Sehun Oppa! Saranghae! I want to sit between the two of you!!!!”

A crowd of rowdy fan girls which is unfortunately their classmates kept on screaming their lungs out just for the idea of having their two new kingkas as a seatmate. Seohyun’s attention to the yelling girls were cut off when she heard the girls at her back whispering and giggling at each other.

“Omona! Luhan is really handsome like O MY GOSH!”

“O dear! His voiceeeeeeeeee… So smexy! I can’t even breathe”

“I know right! And I think he’s rich enough to support my kids! Our kids in the future!”

“Eeew… Dream on girl, He’s mine!”

“No he’s mine!” and the blabber kept on and on.

‘God, so this is why he was already here earlier. Escape. Yes, to escape from this kind of girls… Now I understand. I wonder how many more females tailing at him like this.’ Though she tried to deny the fact, there is something in this Lu Han that she is drawn to, that interests her, that make her steal a glance at him once in a while. There is something at him that cannot be seen to other people, and that is what Seohyun is bound to find out.

+++

When everyone was arranged to their permanent seats and Luhan seated with the boys for protection. (a/n: yeah, for protection) It didn’t take that much time to resume in their lectures. For Seohyun, she made a mental note to buy books later that day and was completely engrossed to her hobby pen spinning when it suddenly fell, rolling at the back of her chair. She hunched down to pick it up but the one she caught is not the usual hard and plastic pen but instead, a soft thing in a shape of a…hand. Since the pen rolled down at the back, she had the inability to see what it was. Seohyun slowly turned her head to the side only to find a guy that was sitting at her back. It was Sehun. Sehun gave a miniscule smile as their eyes met. Seohyun felt a chill at the back of her neck as she felt someone’s stare. She looked around even with the fact she is still holding Sehun’s hand. And there she saw it, that pair of doe eyes staring back at her. It was him again, Luhan. She snapped back to her senses as she realized that Sehun and her is in an awkward holding hand position and quickly wagged her hand as she picked up the pen. She took a quick glance to Luhan who was not looking anymore and somewhere in her, she took a sigh of relief. Seohyun looked back to Sehun and whispered the words “Thank You…” and concentrated back to the lecture.

Then finally…

~KKKKKRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIII-

(End of flashback)

~IIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG~

“Oh! The bell rang! I should go to my class now.” Seohyun gave a last look to the room [1-2] as she hurriedly ran her way to her classroom.