Drabble: The Pink Pen

The Pink Pen

The pen glided smoothly over the English quiz paper that he was answering. Kris gnawed at his lower lip as he pondered the correct answer to the question posed to him. It wasn't a difficult question but still it was tricky enough to get his brains working extra hard despite his being taught in English at home. The teacher stood in front, behind the big desk, overlooking the students, making sure that everyone was involved with this short quiz.

Unfortunately for him, no one dared to partner up with him. Maybe it was due to his height and unsmiling face. For a ten year old, he was almost as tall as his homeroom teacher, or even taller, which was kind of intimidating to most students his age.

A couple of students were discussing beside him about the correct answer. Kris tried not to eavesdrop but he somehow heard it, but wasn't convinced. Just then the ink in his pen began to run out. Completely.

"What the hell?" Kris grumbled. He dug through his pencil case for another but couldn't find one though he swore he had a pair last night stored in there. Where could he have put it?

"Do you need a pen?" A voice spoke from his right. 

Kris head snapped up, surprised that this guy with the small boyish face was talking to him. He couldn't really remember his real name. But with that  endearing smile and cute puppy eyes, one could spot them anywhere.

"Yeah, I ran out of ink. Can't find the other one." He shrugged. Though deep down he was a nervous wreck as his heart kept beating faster and faster the longer this cutie pie was smiling at him. 

Cutie pie chuckled. He ransacked his pencil case and came up with a hot pink ball point pen. "I'm left with this. If you don't mind. It's blue inked, don't worry."

"Thanks." Kris his lower lip as their hands brushed while he took the pen from the angelic-looking boy with jet-black hair. "I can't seem to recall your name, sorry. But thanks again."

"No problem." The other boy laughed before going back to his group of friends, grinning widely at them.

Kris diverted his attention away from the boy that had smitten him. He smiled to himself. My first crush. 

 

It didn't even cross his mind that it was a guy back then. Kris chuckled to himself as he stared at the pink pen that he still kept after all these years. If only he knew the name of the guy. Clicking the ballpoint pen, he began writing on the piece of white form before inserting in between the pages of his passport. 

"Hey, that looks very familiar." Baekhyun spoke in his ear while hugging him from behind. Since Kris was seated on one of the many lounging chairs at the departure hall, awaiting their flight, the main vocalist could wrap his slender arms around his neck while nuzzling his hair.

"Yeah? I got it back then in grade four, I think."

"Really? I remembered giving a similar pen to a very tall guy in my class. He was so dorky but still cute in a way."

"Coincidentally, I got it from a cute guy. I wished I could have pinched his cheeks back then."

Baekhyun chuckled. "Poor guy. Can I have a look at that pen?"

"Here."

The body behind him shook hard before it broke into giggles.

"What?" Kris tilted up his head to look at the other guy.

"It's mine."

"Don't be ridiculous."

"It is... engraved. See?" Baekhyun showed him the engraving just below slim hook on the pen. His ears turning a shade of red as realisation dawned on him.

"No. You're... It can't be..."

"I guess there's no such thing as coincidence?" Baekhyun ducked his head as a deep blush began to colour his cheeks.

Kris was about to deny again but stopped when he took a good, long look at Baekhyun. Now, that he think about it, his first crush, fits Baekhyun's description.  It was further confirmed when Baekhyun acknowledge the fact that he went to the same Youth Camp as him. A glance at the wall clock showed a little past one. 

"Baekhyun, do you need to use the bathroom?" He asked the other guy who was looking at him curiously. Eyes that sparkled with mischief. "Let's go then."

A protest from Chanyeol got them stopping their steps. "Why must you go with him?" He pouted at Baekhyun.

"Because I need to use it too." Kris threw over his shoulder as he flung his arm over the smaller guy's shoulder, ushering him towards the empty bathroom.

"Kris?" Baekhyun his lower lip, eyelashes fluttering adorably. "Here?"

"Yes." Kris smirked before pushing the other guy into one of the cubicles, locking it behind him.

 

A/N: Thank your reading! Comments appreciated! Please don't be mad if I forgot to reply to your comment ^^;