My Type; You’re Not It

My Type; You’re Not It

 

Title: My Type; You’re Not It

Author: vilefeathers

Beta: puppet_screens @ LJ

Fandom: Block B, B.A.P

Pairing: ZiKyung, minor-BangZelo

Rating: PG

Genre: fluffballs and cotton candies

Warning: none I could think of

Length: oneshot / 3,022 words

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I own my plot. I do not own the boys of Block B & B.A.P. I do not make profit from this.

Summary: It was a chance that it happened. ZiKyung met BangZelo. There’s a little jealousy and a whole lot of blushing involved. Will the couples survive the encounter? Or will feelings get re-evaluated?

 

 

Kyung watched as the two lanky boys discussed, or the precise description here would be ‘chatted animatedly’, all the way from the couch situated in a corner of the big studio. They didn’t look like they would resurface from their excitement bubble anytime soon; even then Kyung still didn’t think they would pay attention bigger than the size of a baby flea to him.

Well, actually, Kyung just wanted some attention from one particular enthusiastic person; that was the whole point of this quiet midnight wandering date with Zico was in the first place.

Lately they were too busy with schedules to spend some leisure time alone with each other. So tonight when the group got home a couple of hours earlier than planned, Zico and Kyung thankfully took the opportunity to go out by themselves after letting their manager knows.

They went to Hongdae, wrapped in thick coats, hoodies and caps, looked around the late-hour shops, ate a light supper at that quiet little café at the corner of the main road that serves Kyung’s favorite chocolate-strawberry-filled waffles, and they planned to take an unhurried stroll to the train station and finally get home. Manager-hyung had been nice enough to allow them late curfew at 3AM too.

They were walking side by side, with Zico sneaking a hand inside Kyung’s coat pocket to tangle their fingers together when the taller boy’s phone rang. Zico fished it out with his free right hand, the left hand still occupied with cuddling around Kyung’s smaller one, and saw that it was an old acquaintance, an underground contact who owned a studio nearby.

 

 

Kyung was in bliss.

He was getting some fresh cool air, he was full with tasty waffles, he was warm from walking and mostly he was holding back a childish giggle from feeling so happy. It’s rare to get pampered by his boyfriend when Zico is a workaholic leader of a self-producing idol group that lives together in a tiny dorm and just made a comeback. The opportunity comes once in a blue moon; though Kyung couldn’t see one tonight. That should have given him a clue.

So when Zico turned a glance at him, holding up the ringing phone in a silent request to pick up the call, Kyung just smiled and nodded back inattentively, contented enough to excuse the interruption. He didn’t know that his contentment would be so short-lived or he might have grabbed Zico’s phone and threw it to outer space. It’s a very dear wish of his.

 

 

It turned out that the hyung was working in his studio when an old dongsaeng of his dropped by to see him. The older man wanted to introduce Zico to this guy a few times now, so he couldn’t say no when his hyung asked him to come over. They weren’t far from the studio location too, but that didn’t mean Kyung was happy to change the evening’s plan.

When they arrived, Kyung had momentarily forgotten all of his annoyance in a genuine surprise, because the guy they were being introduced to was none other than B.A.P’s leader Bang Yongguk. He and Zico both stared awkwardly at the older guy, a little disbelieving at the chances of this happening now, until Yongguk chuckled good-naturedly in his deep voice and came closer to greet them with the standard ‘ssup’ greet-and-pat.

Another blond head shuffled towards them. Yongguk moved a bit to the side to reveal his group maknae and introduced them to the talented young Zelo who gave a shy smile and bowed his head awkwardly, trying to obscure himself behind his leader.

“Ah…Junhong takes some time to warm up to people. Excuse him.” Yongguk said in a kind smile at his dongsaeng.

Kyung grinned back at the youngest, wondering how this kid could be so tall at his age but still so cute.

He wanted to squish those baby fat cheeks so much and make the ‘goo goo goo’ sound like he often did at Taeil. But that was an hour ago, when they were starting to hit it off really well and suddenly Zico started doing those flippy little jumps and rambled ten syllables per second at Zelo who easily understood the word vomit and started talking faster, sharing Zico’s excitement in trying out a little speed rap challenge.

Kyung was totally forgotten as Zico and Zelo entered the booth, the owner-hyung behind the workstation and Yongguk next to him used the communication microphone to guide his maknae through it. Kyung had joined Yongguk at some point, giving some input where he can help but he found himself taking a back seat as they continued trying verse after verse.

Currently, Kyung was sighing by himself for the umpteenth time and finally got up as he decided to get a hot drink from the vending machine in the hallway outside. As he waited for the paper cup to fill with hot tea, a familiar deep voice addressed him from behind.

“Hey.” Yongguk smiled at him.

The corners of his lips stretched thin and sharp in an almost smirk that made Kyung stare back dazedly for a moment.

“Are you okay?” The elder inquired.

Kyung blinked up at him a few times, and then had a hard time forcing down the blush of being caught staring, that turned into a lost cause when Yongguk arched an eyebrow at his reaction and blast a full on smirk; amused and knowing. Kyung would later remember that he had only blushed slightly and not flushed red to the tip of his hair.

“Uh… h-hi, hyung…” He managed to say.

“Here.” Yongguk took his hand, carefully placed the hot tea on his palm and grabbed his other one and wrapped it loosely around the cup. “Be careful not to burn yourself.”

Kyung nodded obediently at the elder’s gentle care. Yongguk then proceeded to get himself a cup and Kyung sipped on his tea slowly, not knowing how he could ever start a conversation after that embarrassing stint. He was saved from suffering an awkward silence when the tall blond cleared his throat and began talking in his calm way.

“Listen,” Yongguk held Kyung’s gaze, “I apologize that J-hyung made you guys come here just to meet me. I didn’t even plan it actually. Junhong wanted to see where I used to hang out and when J-hyung said he knew Zico the kid got excited; I couldn’t say no.”

Yongguk rubbed at the back of his neck sheepishly. “I… seemed to have interrupted your plans too. Sorry for that.”

“N-no!” Kyung spluttered. “I mean…we were just walking home after we had supper. You don’t need to apologize, really.”

Kyung gave a short laugh to get over his jumpy nerves. Yongguk just smiled.

“You must really like walking then.”

“…Huh?”

“You seemed like you regretted coming here in the first place.”

“It’s not that...” Kyung shook his head. “It’s just… It’s been a while. You know how work is. Even on a day off there’s things to do… And it’s not like we can walk around as we like…”

Kyung trailed off gloomily. He saw Yongguk nod in slow contemplation, as if he understood the double meaning behind those words and to be honest Kyung wouldn’t be surprised if he really did. Even though their age difference was only two years, Kyung can’t help but admire how Yongguk is charismatic and cool, but also laidback and gentle in his concern. He’s also wise beyond his age too.

The sound of laughter and vibrant conversation made them both turn to see Zico and Zelo emerging from the studio. Kyung watched the two of them quietly; his heart split several ways between happy for Zico’s happiness, the old annoyance of their plan’s detour and a new feeling that stabs at his heart. Kyung couldn’t be sure, but it felt like and he would trade it for plain jealousy any day.

“Scratch that...” His sudden voice startled Yongguk. “Walking seems so boring now. Just… as long as he’s happy…”

The last part came out barely a whisper but Yongguk heard it anyway in the stillness of the cold night.

“You know… there’s a difference between interest and passion. Just because he has new interest every now and then doesn’t mean he’s forgetting his old ones.”

Kyung snapped his head towards the elder who continued observing the approaching boys.

“Happiness, exhilaration, the rush of feels; they’re fickle things that come and go. Passion brings you bliss. They last forever. Even if they fade away, it’d take a lot more than a few short glances away from you.”

Yongguk’s eyes found the younger boy’s large ones and held their gaze.

Kyung was stunned. So Yongguk-hyung really does know. He could feel his eyes strain from their widen state but he couldn’t bring himself to move.

Yongguk chuckled at Kyung’s surprised face and pinched his cheek when the younger boy wasn’t reacting at all.

Ow!

Kyung scrunched up his face at the older guy and put both palms on his cheeks; one rubbing away the soreness while the other protected the untouched side, in case Yongguk wanted to play fair and pinch it too.

“That’s better.” Yongguk grinned; wide and blinding.

If Kyung wasn’t red from the pinch, he would be so now.

What was that for?”

“You’re just so cute, I had to.”

Oh.

There was real heat coming off his face, Kyung could feel it on his palms and he didn’t know what to do with himself. Luckily Zico and Zelo arrived next to them and Kyung looked at anything that didn’t have eyes and a brain that could calculate 2 + 2. , calm down. This is so not hip hop!

“Hey, I think we should do this again soon. You know, when we have some time and with everyone together. That’d be really cool. Right, Zelo?” Zico spoke as soon as they came to a stop.

“Ah…hyung, it’s Junhong.” The youngest corrected.

“But you keep calling me Zico-hyung instead of Jiho-hyung.” Zico stubbornly refuted.

“B-but… you’re sunbaenim, how can I use your real name! Hyung, tell him.”

Zelo turned to his leader for help. Yongguk laughed at him and he pouted knowing he won’t be getting it.

“I don’t know… I’m older though, and Cho PD-hyung used ‘Jiho’ when he talked about him before, so I call him Jiho naturally.”

“See? Get used to it, kiddo.”

Zico grinned before turning to Kyung who was still clamping his face with his hands.

“Kyung? Why’s your face so red?”

The smallest among the four of them shook his head quickly. “It-it’s nothing.”

Zico gave him a look but decided not to press on the matter, for now. Instead he started telling Kyung how they should really start planning on doing a collaboration now because it needs to happen; it must happen.

 

 

Next to Zico, Zelo happily tasted his drink that Yongguk let cool down until it was just nicely warm.

“Oh. It’s not scalding. Thanks, hyung!”

“Yeah…wouldn’t want you to burn your tongue again now, would we?”

“Eughh…don’t remind me.” Zelo pulled a face at the nasty memory.

Yongguk chuckled at the cute expression.

“Hyung, where are we going next?” The maknae asked after finishing his drink.

“Home.” Yongguk answered straight away when he saw his watch. “It’s 2.15AM already.”

Zelo pouted. “I don’t wanna go home yet.”

“You can pout all you want. I’m not gonna budge.”

“But hyungg……” Zelo started to actually whine at his leader.

“No, baby. We’re going home or Manager-hyung will go ballistic on me tomorrow.”

Yongguk quietly reasoned with the younger boy who immediately looked subdued at the prospect of his hyung getting into trouble because of him.

“Okay…” Zelo murmured. “Can we just…walk…really slowly then?”

Yongguk wanted to slap himself then and there. Zelo was looking really down and trying to bear with the disappointment as well as any 16-year-old could but failed miserably. If anyone ever says that Yongguk is a bad leader that practices favoritism and lacks a good sense of judgment, he would totally honestly blames the company for putting him and the maknae in the same group. Zelo is like the embodiment of Louis Lane and Kyptonite to Yongguk’s Superman.

It’s a miracle he survived this long.

“We’ll skip our station and walk home from the next one. How does that sound?”

Zelo bounced in place in a happy surprise and Yongguk thought that any consequential penalty would be worth it.

“Really, hyung? Really?”

Yongguk nodded as he brushed a hand on Zelo’s coloring cheeks.

“We need to work off some of your high. And plus…walking seems nice.”

Zelo leaned into the warm hand and nuzzled it slightly. “It is nice… thank you, hyung.”

 

 

Kyung who had been distractedly glancing at the blond pair every now and then, then caught onto some of their last words and realization sunk in him like a solid rock.

“Oh.” He let out suddenly, making Zico paused mid-ramble and scrutinize him again.

“What?”

Kyung shook his head. “It’s nothing…nothing...”

Zico frowned in annoyance.

“We should really get back now.” Kyung said in a blatant attempt at distraction.

Zico was not amused, but had to agree however reluctantly. “Alright.”

They said their goodbyes to each other, swapping numbers and best wishes for comebacks and promotions, and Kyung surprised everyone when he briefly hugged Yongguk, discreetly whispering ‘have a good walk’ and getting ‘you too’ back. He was tugged away from it by Zico’s hand on his wrist and they left down the road with a final bye to the two blond boys.

 

 

Zico didn’t let go of his hold, which moved to Kyung’s hand, even when they boarded the train and sat together in the empty coach. Kyung could feel every muscle tensing in Zico’s grip and he had a good hunch of why they’re stressed, but he asked the question anyway. He could be mistaken after all.

“What’s wrong?”

The answer came ready and immediately.

“Don’t go hugging some guy out of nowhere, pabo-ya.”

“He’s not some guy. It’s Yongguk-hyung and it’s not out of nowhere.”

Zico snapped his head to Kyung. “So what? Were you hugging him that whole time? Is that why you were blushing?”

Uh-oh.

“We were just talking, will you please calm down?” Kyung said in exasperation. “And I wasn’t blushing.”

“Yeah, cause red’s your natural complexion.” Zico said sarcastically.

“That’s because he pinched my cheek!”

Zico narrowed his eyes at the other.

And?”

 “And… called me cute.”

Kyung looked away as he flushed slightly at the memory, leaving Zico stunned for a second.

“Wha— You’re not cute at all. What’s he talking about?”

Now it was Zico that turned away, grumbling underneath his breath.

“Yeah…” Kyung agreed quietly, “not at all…unlike Junhong.”

Zico looked back at him, staring thoughtfully.

“Junhong is a baby, Kyung-ah. That’s not my type.” He explained on what was left unsaid between them.

“Don’t say it like that.”

“Like what?”

“He’s a person; granted, a young person, but he’s not a baby.”

“What the hell are you on about?”

Kyung getting worked up made him get worked up again.

They’re together! Junhong and Yongguk-hyung.”

“Oh…well, that make sense.” He paused. “Then what are you getting jealous for?”

“He’s still cute.”

“You’re cuter.”

“You said I’m not at all.”

“That’s ‘cause you damn blush every single time!”

“I can’t help it!”

I know!”

“What?...”

“He’s your type. I know.”

“I don’t have a type.”

“Oh please, I’m not that stupid. You like them smart, and older, and matured, and gentle, and cool—“

What?! How exactly are you saying this?”

“You want me to list them off? Let’s see… there’s Taewoon-hyung, Minhyuk-hyung, some of our dancer hyungs, and now Yongguk-hyung—

Kyung spluttered as Zico continued rambling.

“And then there’s me; younger than you, immature half the time and acts like a brat the other time, can’t think twice before saying , manners like a jagged rock—

“But I love you, not them.”

Zico whipped his head around so fast that Kyung flinched for him. They stared at each other for a while.

“You said the ‘L’ word.”

“I said the ‘L’ word.”

“Since when?”

“Since you said you’ll do better next time.”

“Oh.” I knew that was too obvious.

Kyung smiled at him.

“Aren’t you gonna say it?”

“I already did.” He deadpanned.

Kyung’s smile faltered.

“I could be mistaken about it.”

“You’re not.”

He glanced at the other just in time to see Kyung biting onto his quivering lip and started to pull away. He held onto Kyung’s hand and used his other to pull the older guy back to face him.

“I’m sorry. I love you.”

Zico traced Kyung’s jawline with his fingers and used them to tilt his chin up and kissed Kyung meaningfully, pouring out all his feelings onto his lips and tongue and hoped by the way Kyung was responding to the kiss that he is forgiven and understood.

It was hard not to get carried away with his want when Kyung is letting him have a full reign on the course of action—letting him plunder the sweet warm cavern that tasted like tea mixed with Kyung and he’s being oh-so-welcomed by Kyung’s own slick muscle, letting him nibble on swollen lips and getting his own led in return, letting his hands wander freely on Kyung’s sensitive nape, the small of his back, the slight curve of his waist, the jutting hip bones that always somehow turn him on, and oh, he’s mapping skin instead of fabric, trying to pull them closer because Kyung should’ve been on his lap since like yesterday— and then Kyung was laughing into their heated kiss and Zico just wanted it so badly that he started whining.

“No, no, no, no…” He was placing kisses in between words, everywhere on his unmarked territory while Kyung continued to giggle in his hold. “No laughing, baby. No, no, no…”

“You are so…” Giggles. “…not my type.”

Zico resurfaced.

“But you love me anyway.”

“What’s not to love?”

They grinned at each other.

 

 

 

-vile-

 

“Look at me, stop turning your head

I just want to watch a movie tonight

How is it that even your sulking is cute

Hm? Looks like you just smiled a bit, I’m right…

 

I’ll do better next time, I won’t make more excuses

So that curses don’t come out from your pretty lips again

I’ll be good

I love you, I’ll be good…”                                      -Zico's I'll Do Better Next Time-

 

 

A/N:

  • This is one of the rare times that I actually love my own story's ending. =)
  • People spazz about Zico-Yongguk combo, I do too, but I just immediately thought of their similarities. Zico-Zelo can speed rap while Yonggguk-Kyung rides the rhythm and then BAM! this fic come out. lol XD
  • If Zico's I'll Do Better Next Time isn't for Kyung then it's not for anyone in particular. =P

 

 

Read & Review please~ ^^