Valentine's Day Special

SunSun Collection fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunny’s POV

Dinner’s almost ready. Twenty-five minutes to go. What?! Only twenty-five minutes left? Clock, please don’t tick so quickly, just pause for some time. In any minute now, my husband and my son will soon be home already. Sunny-ah, move faster! You still have a lot to do.

 

Ding dong...

Ah, just in time. I heard the door bell ding and I knew who were at the door. I opened the door, pleased when I saw my husband, Sungmin, and our son, Sandeul, standing there. Since I was a young girl, I wanted this kind of set-up. I’d be at home doing the house chores, waiting for my husband to come home. This was just the way I wanted my life to be. This is perfect.

After they have rested a bit, we started to munch in the food. That’s when I noticed the young boy they were with. I’m pretty much sure he isn’t Sandeul’s classmate because he seems a bit older. “Seobang, who is that?” I whispered, careful not to offend the little boy. I was surprised that he looked nervous when I asked him that.

The boy shot me a nervous look, too, and Sungmin cleared his throat, looking at me straight in the eye.

“I’ll tell you later. Let’s have a hearty meal first, okay?” He answered obviously trying to dodge the question.

Ow-kay. What’s going on in here? Normally, when Sungmin tells you he’ll tell you later, it’s something that you should be prepared to hear. Who could this boy be?

 

“Jagi-ya”, he started sweetly. “That was Taemin. My... He’s my..ss...son.” We were already about to sleep inside our room when he answered the question I’ve been trying to pry on him. I shouldn’t have asked in the first place because as soon as I heard him answer, I felt huge lumps being shoved down my throat. Those words pierced every fibre of my cardiac muscles. I wanted to say something, but I didn’t know what to say. I wanted to stand up and just exit hoping that was just a joke, but my body felt weak. I was on the verge of crying but I held those tears from falling. I looked at him questioningly and stared at Sungmin. How does he want me to react? “Jagi-ya,” he called me out. “Jagi-ya, please talk to me.” He whispered pleadingly and rested his chin on my shoulder while his hands found their way on my back protectively as if that gesture would lessen the pain.

 “How long have you been keeping this? How long have you been lying to me?” I asked monotonously, feeling like I’ve been betrayed all throughout this marriage. For the years that we’ve been together, he didn’t have the chance to break this news to me? Of all the things he could forget. Ai-i-i-i--goooooooooo!

 “I didn’t know anything about him, I swear. He just came to me one day. Everything happened so fast, jagiya. Please, don’t be mad.”

“’Don’t be mad?’” I scowled and pushed his hands away from me. “Do you want me to be happy that I just found out that my husband had a son other than our own? If you were in my shoes, how would you feel?” I lost it, now I’m sobbing and ranted every word I say with anger and distanced myself away from him.

“I’m sorry, jagi-ya. Please stop crying now.” He reached for me but I moved away. Getting the hint, he started to get out of the room, giving me the space I need.

 

Sungmin’s POV

“Dad, does auntie hate me? I told you, you shouldn’t have brought me here. I’ll just bring you trouble. No wonder why mom chose that Hyunseung guy over me. I’m nothing but a troublemaker” Taemin said.

“No. No. Of course not. She was just shocked seeing you. That’s all.” My poor son, if I only knew about him earlier.

“Dad, I’ll just go away and you can pretend like I don’t exist so that you and auntie will not fight anymore.” What is this kid thinking? Is this kid even thinking properly?

“Hush. That’s nonsense. Don’t ever  try to do that. I want you to stay here. I want to make sure you’re fine and safe. Just give your auntie some time, I know she’ll understand. Sleep now.”  How dumb am I really that I didn’t know about my own son? I couldn’t blame Sunny for not understanding me, nor can I blame Taemin for this. I felt him flip, seeming uncomfortable. “What now? Can’t sleep?”

“It’s just that, I’m not used to sleeping on soft bed. I’ve always slept on the couch, sometimes, I’d sleep on the ground whenever that Hyunseung guy is at our house. And does Sandeul really not mind sharing his room with me?” He glanced at Sandeul who is now sleeping at peace.

“Aish, you worry too much, kiddo.” I ruffled his hair. I can see myself in him. Oftentimes, Sunny would nag about me being an over thinker. She says I stress over the tiniest things. He really is my son. “How is Sandeul as a brother so far?” I decided to just chat for some time, we have a lot of catching up to do anyway.

“He seems a bit reserved, he doesn’t talk to me. Does he hate me as well?”

“Oh come on. Why do you always say that all people hate you?” He shrugged. “Sandeul is just really quiet and shy, so bear with him, okay? And because you’re older, look after him for me.”

“I’ll try my best.” He smiled cheekily.

We killed the time by talking about basic things. I’m glad I initiated this talk because we had the chance to get to know each other better. I learned some things about my son, and I chuckle every time he relates a story which happened to me as well when I was growing up. But also, I want him to learn from me, too. I heard him yawn and I’ve decided to let him sleep. Many things happened this day. I, myself, was exhausted.

“Sleep now, Taemin. Tomorrow, we’ll see if you could enrol into Sandeul’s school.” I said as I tuck him to bed beside Sandeul.

I then went back to our, Sunny and my, room. She was already sleeping, probably tired of all the crying. If only I could take the pain with me. This needs time to be fixed, and I’m going to give her just that. I kissed her forehead before joining her in her sleep.

 

Sunny’s POV

I woke up feeling a bit dizzy. My head was throbbing. I turned to my side and saw my husband Sungmin sleeping. That’s when I was reminded of my headache. I sighed, standing up. Another day. I got up and headed straight to the kitchen.

Normally, on days like this, I’d be a happy house bunny that would play the role of a happy wife but no, not this time. Though it was an ordinary weekday, it was odd. Every step going down the stairs gives me fright. It was as if I was trapped inside the madman’s hole.

I performed my usual routine. I’d get up early, cook breakfast, help Sungmin and Sandeul get dressed and wave them see-you-later. I was too preoccupied by my work that I didn’t even notice the three boys get down. They were all dressed up, ready to attack the food. I joined them quietly after a brief cut of an awkward moment.

“Jagi-ya, we’ll go see if Sandeul’s school still accepts late enrolees.” Sungmin suddenly spoke up to which I returned him a silent ‘hmmm’.

After the silent breakfast, they made their way to the school leaving me with lots of questions still unanswered and different kinds of pain left to tear me apart.

 

Later that day....

It’s so uncanny that I am here again ready to prepare for dinner like I was doing yesterday. Only that, things are different. A lot different. As I was about to step inside the house from praying and pouring all my sentiments to our parish priest inside t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter