Six

Far From Perfect

''KYA~ ACTUAL BABY POLAR BEARS!'', I squealed as I amde my way toward the professional handlers who were holding them in their hands gently. ''They're completely safe. Claws clipped and no teeth.'', the handler who I went toward to said. ''So I can...?'', I trailed off, my eyes never leaving the frail white polar bear cub. The handler nodded and almost handed over the cub when Jongin called for me. ''You'll have plenty of time to play with the cub. I promise you.'', he assured as he steered me towards hair and makeup.

 

''Mind asking why I feel so pure in this?'', I gestured to my billowy white dress. ''Why do you feel so pure?'', Jongin asked hesitantly. ''I don't really know.'', I said while I pouted, looking for a satisfiable answer. The handler let go of the polar bear as it climbed in to my arms, its soft fur tickling my skin. ''Just forget that we're here.'', Jongin said as he angled his camera toward us. I smiled and I could have sworn his face flushed.

 

The camera flashed several times and the polar bear didn't even move once. The little ball of fuzz made me smile and laugh at small movements it made, like when it yawned and started clamping it's gums on my finger. Several pictures were taken, most of them with the fuzz ball in front of me while I looked at it in awe, lying elegantly across the ground. The photoshoot ended earlier than I had expected and I had to part with it. Jongin assured me that he will try his best to get me some more time with it next time. I had hugged him gratefully for that to which his face flushed.

 

''I'll send over the photos to your CEO for approval, alright?'', Jongin said as he attached his camera to their viewing screen. I nodded and went to get changed for the next part of the shoot. Coming out in a leopard-printed fitted jumpsuit -with a tail, I mention- I sat down on an adjacent chair until the crew finished with the backdrop. ''Jongin-ah?'', I said to him. Jongin turned to face me and wiggled his eyebrows at me. ''Can I get some banana milk, please?'', I asked while playing with the tail of the jumpsuit.

 

''Sure. I'll go get some.'', he said as he placed his camera down. Kyungsoo was just about to protest when Jongin walked out the door. I waited for a solid 5 minutes when Jongin came back with my favourite banana milk in hand. Thanking him, I started drinking slowly, savouring it's taste. It wasn't until a little while later did I realize that Jongin was staring. ''What?'', I asked with an amused grin on my face, taking in his expression. ''Oh...nothing.'', he said as he reached out and wiped of a bit of banana milk dribbling off my chin. 

 

Smiling at him, I said, ''You're weird, Jongin.'', at him. Smiling back in return, he replied, ''You too, Eunhee.'', as he took the empty banana milk bottle from my hands. I ruffled his hair affectionately and made my way to the white backdrop. As soon as Jongin's hands touched the camera, I started posing; twirling the tail, tugging at the ears, all those sorts. I began clawing mimically at the camera, much to the crew's amusement. There was one point that Kyungsoo wanted me to put the tail between my teeth and I, hesitantly, obliged.

 

After changing and waving to the crew, I stepped out and walked toward my favourite patbingsoo parlour. As soon as I stepped in, I walked over to the counter and tapped the woman's shoulder who had her back to me. She turned around immediately and smiled wide. ''Eunhee. It's been forever since I last saw you!'', she beamed as she went under the counter and enveloped me in a big hug. ''It hasn't been that long, halmeoni.'', I replied while embracing her. ''A week is a long time.'', she retorted. 

 

Halmeoni wasn't actually my halmeoni. I had grew up with her since she was my grandmother's best friend. She had also insisted that I call her 'Halmeoni', because she claims that she isn't that different from her. And in way, she wasn't. She had the exact same greying hair, smile lines and warm eyes which I've grown accustomed to over the years. ''Why don't you go and sit down? I'll get your usual and then you can eat comfortably.'', she said as she led me to the window seat. I sat down and nodded gratefully.

 

I greeted people politely as I went to my seat and they nodded in response. Taking out my phone, I was about to play a track when I recieved a message. Opening it up, I realized that it was from no one but Jonghyun. I turned it off while rolling my eyes and the patbingsoo arrived. Diving in to it, I marveled at how something could be this perfect. My phone kept beeping, which alerted that I had a new message. Finally frustrated, I opened the message which he had sent over 7 times.

 

You look beautiful in the photos. (Don't roll your eyes, Choi. I mean it. TT TT)

And this one's my favourite. ;D I approve them all~

 

Inserted in to the message was the photo in which I was in the leopard-printed jumpsuit, with the tail between my teeth, winking at the camera. I rolled my eyes and smirked. I just got some proof that he might be a possible ert since I had a lot of skin revealed. I typed my reply and sent it while gnawing lightly on my lip.

 

Shows you're a ert, then. >_>

 

He replied almost instantly and I was shocked to see what he had wrote. My face began heating up and I had started eating the patbingsoo in order to calm my flustered face.

 

I'm your ert, Choi. ;)

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''You don't really have to like that.'', Aron advised over the phone. Jonghyun chuckled and rotated his chair so that he faced the glass wall which overlooked Seoul. Namsan Tower and the Han River were very much visible from up here and he was satisfied in his uncle's choice to make the office here. ''It's not so bad. It's fun teasing her.'', he replied to Aron's advice.

 

''Which of the photos did you like most? You know which one I liked.'', Jonghyun said as a visible smirk formed on his lips. ''I liked the other one. The innocent-princess-looking one. With the polar bear.'', Aron said, emphasizing on the 'innocent-princess' part. ''Oh, c'mon, Aron. You know you liked the y leopard-printed one. She looked hot.'', Jonghyun said as he swirled his chair to face his computer, which had the picture he was talking about, opened.

 

''I'm not a ert, like you.'', Aron huffed. ''Alright, alright. Don't start being a nagging woman. I'll call you later.'', Jonghyun retorted. ''Later, as in 'when'?'', Aron replied questioningly. ''As soon as I make a move on her.'', he replied back, seeing Eunhee walk in to the lobby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patbingsoo: Shaved ice with sweetened azuki beans and other toppings. It's eaten in hot and humid weather in Korea.

Chapter 6. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. D:

Comment and subscribe!

tumblr_m6k1afb3NC1rzogkoo1_500.gif