Gaurdian Angel

Silent Night

I HIGHLY suggest not reading this if you don't feel like being sad. SERIOUSLY, don't say I didn't warn you.


       The pavement was slick from days of rain. Headlights offering a dim glow before the black car. The day had long since been over, and it would only be a few hours before it would start once again. The late night was cold and the brisk air was being let in through the moon-roof. Kris your boyfriend was driving the two of you home from your friend’s holiday party. It was a time enjoyed by both of you but even on the drive home, you still could not calm down. Kris was beginning to tire but he calmy drove while listening to your ongoing stories. You were telling him how you had accidentally spilled the punch for the fifth time. With each telling you were getting more and more outrageous and wanted him to observe your actions. “Kris look,” you would beg before showing him how it happened. He would keep his face looking forward, “Babe, I can’t look while I’m driving.” You knew that he shouldn’t but he would always look even when driving when you tell your other stories, “Kris~ you always watch even when you’re driving.” He knew he did too, but this road was extra slick after the heavy rain, however, he thought no different than any other time and proceeded to look over at you.

       Screeching of breaks could be heard in the silent night. The car spun out of control and made its way over to the side of the road where it made its stop at a brick building. Kris had tried stopping the car but it slammed into the building smashing your car and crushing the two of you inside it. The windows around you had been shattered and few shards of glass were digging into your skin. The pain of the cuts brought you back to reality and you dizzily lifted your head from the flattened airbag. The blurs of the wreck around you slowly came into focus. You could hear the ringing of the alarm from the brick building and see the street lamp hovering directly above you.

       Your breathing was labored and it was then your noticed that was all you heard. You looked to your left and saw that the person next to you, that person, Kris, your boyfriend, was completely crushed. The steering wheel pushing into his chest and crushing his ribs, keeping him from breathing. His eyes were shut and his mouth slightly open as blood trickled from the corner. There were cuts everywhere on his arms and face, a piece of glass protruding from his cheek. Kris, your one and only love was just laying there before you, and there was nothing you could do. You adrenaline started to kick in despite your injuries and you began to move over to him. Calling out his name there was no response. You wiped the blood from his mouth and began to weep, occasional mentions of his name escaping your lips. You heard the approaching of sirens, sent to you because the alarm of the building had gone of signaling an intruder.

       Time was slow as the cops approached you, an ambulance soon behind. The pulled you from the car and all you knew was the Kris was becoming further and further from you. You were laid on the stretcher and forced to lay down as you kept trying to sit up to look for Kris. You looked to your side and saw Kris being pulled from the car, firemen cutting him free. You saw the steering wheel being thrown to the ground, and the door being placed next to it. Once Kris was on a stretcher you could see his thin frame damaged from the crash. Seeing his white shirt bloodied and torn made your heart hurt as you were pushed into the ambulance.

       You had gotten to the hospital safely and was immediately given multiple IV’s into your arm. The nurses kept telling you to rest but you couldn’t knowing Kris was somewhere out there fighting for his life. Your family arrived shortly, there presence giving you no relief. The police had talked to your family first, and they accept the role as telling you the news. You would find out that he wasn’t fighting for his life, he never was. Kris had died on impact, the steering wheel crushed his ribcage and punctured his lungs. By the time you became conscious at the crash he had already taken his last breath. Kris was no longer your boyfriend, all he would be was your guardian angel. The guardian angel you created; all because you wanted him to look at you. You blamed yourself for this, you should have never insisted he look at you. Now you would never look at him.


I AM SO SORRY FOR WRITING THIS DEPRESSING THING I'M SORRY OTL..... comments would be appreciated if you don't already hate me