Chapter Six

The Make-up Of Kim Sunggyu

 

The next day I trudged into my first class with little to none motivation.The events of yesterday still hung heavily onto my back and my pissiness hadn't worn off either.

When I had met up with Dongwoo after work to tell him all that happened with Sunggyu, rather than empathise and comfort me, he embarrassed me in the middle of Starbucks.

"You slapped him!" Dongwoo shouted, earning a few pissed off glares from the other customers.

"Ssh! Do you have to be so loud?" I smack my hand over his mouth to muffle his shouts.

"Girl, you freaking backhanded him!" He cackled, smacking his hands together.

"Woo! You're supposed to comfort me!" I whine.

I sat down at a randomly selected seat and grabbed my books and a pen out of my bag. I was one of the first people to arrive, along with a group of girls who huddled in a corner at the back.

Daniel walked in next, surprisingly early for once. He grinned and waved at me, walking in my direction.

"Daniel!" One of the girls from the back shouted.

Daniel made a sharp turn, changing his course before casually saying, "Sup."

The girls giggled into the back of their hands. One of them spoke up flirtatiously, "So I heard about your upcoming party, everybody is talking about it."

Daniel grinned, "I take it you guys want an invitation?"

They giggled again, "Is is obvious?" Another girl says.

"Y'all can come, no problem. You can bring plus ones if you like."

"Thanks Daniel." They all say in freakish unison.

Some more people being to pour into the classroom, but there is still no sign of Mr Jung.

The chair beside me scrapes back as Daniel slips into it, "Hey Maya!" He greets me enthusiastically.

"Hey, you're early today." I remark.

"Yep, you've really made me rethink my timing." He winks at me.

"Well I'm glad that I've already graced your life in the short time I've known you." I joke. "So what is this I hear about your party?"

"Ah. You desperately want an invite too?" He asks.

"Is my desperation that visible?" A party sounded like some fun. It would definitely be a good way to mingle with all the other students.

He makes a contemplating kind of sound whilst pulling an unsure face expression, "I don't know...there is quite a few people coming already..."

My eyes widen, "Oh, I see..."

He bursts out laughing, " Of course you're invited!"

I roll my eyes, "Ha, ha."

"You're my History Bud Maya." He nudged me with his elbow, swaying me lightly, "You can even bring a plus one if you'd like."

I screwed up my face, my only possible plus one would be Dongwoo, but I wanted to save myself the embarrassment, "I kind of don't have a plus one."

"No kidding, you're freaking scary." Daniel laughs, contradicting his statement.

I punched him lightly in his arm, "You're such an ."

"A hot ." He corrects me.

 

I finished my classes at half one and after grabbing a quick lunch at the cafeteria on campus,  I made my way to work.

I plugged in my headphones as I got into the subway and put my iPod on shuffle. Hilariously, one of Sunggyu's songs came on.

Much to my own shame, I had one of his albums. After meeting him, I gained a sudden interest in his music. I wanted to see if his personality conveyed in his music.

I burst out laughing when I first heard how sensitive and borderline emo his songs were. Most of them were of longing, complete infatuation and heart break. Not one song seemed to show Sunggyu's "true colours".

 Or perhaps douchey Sunggyu just happened to be a cover up and in reality there was a sensitive, cry baby underneath all  that bull crap.

 

 

 

The bell chimed over head when I entered, and the fragrant scent of Ramyeon wafted into the shop, illuminating it in a homely hue.

But as usual, there were no customers.

Half of the time I even questioned the point in my Grandmother cooking for empty tables. She had even gone to the extent of hiring the foreigner to give her a hand. But for what?

I walked into the kitchen part of restaurant and found Halmoni, working over the pot of noodles.

"Your apron is at the back Sweetie. I'm just finishing up some Ramyeon, I thought you might be hu-" She turned around to look at me with a bemused expression, "Oh it's you."

I nod, "I wanted to apologise for yesterday, I didn't mean to upset you that badly."

She switched off the cooker and crossed her arms, resting on the counter. "I wish you wouldn't be so selfish about your decisions. You don't care for those around you. Even those who stick by your side even when you treat them like ."

I clench my jaw to keep myself from saying something I may regret.

My Grandmother moved away from the counter and came over to touch my arm gently, "I love you kid, but I just don't know how to help you."

I hang my head forward to conceal my eyes from my Grandmother, she reads me too easily and I cannot risk her babying me any further.

The bell chimes from outside of the kitchen signalling the door opening. The loss of my Grandmother's warm hand on my forearm is almost enough for me to ask her for a comforting hug, but I restrain myself.

"Good afternoon Halmoni!" I hear her almost familiar voice. I look up to see Maya holding two cups filled with what looked like Slushies with straws sticking out. Her hazel eyes met mine with surprise, "Oh hello."

"Hey." I reply plainly.

She turned back to my Grandmother and smiled widely at her, holding out one of the cups, "I thought I'd bring some, since you liked them so much."

My Grandmother smiled widely and accepted the cups, pinching her cheek affectionately.

Maya turned to me again, "Sorry, I didn't know you'd be here, otherwise I would have bought another one." She held out her own cup, "You can still have mine if you'd like."

I screwed up my face slightly, "Thanks but no thanks. I'm about to leave anyway." She shrugs and sticks the straw between her lips. I turn to my Grandmother, "So when can I start work here?"

From the corner of my eye, I see Maya raise her eyebrows and the straw fall out of .

 

 

Oh gosh, I still don't know what to put here. I'm so endlessly sorry for promising to update regularly and be a good author. I feel really bad for not keeping my promises. 

From now on rather than just promising you guys to update, I will just update. 

School is rather hectic and I have no idea how to manage my time, but I will definitely make time to atleast update once each month!

 

To make up, have some douschey Sunggyu and some molested Myungsoo.

tumblr_muwzy31JMF1rgabwuo1_250.gif tumblr_muwzy31JMF1rgabwuo2_250.gif

Thank you guys so much for sticking by me, despite me being so idle. I could honestly not ask for better subscribers!

Love you guys so so much! 

<3