No More Next Time

No More Next Time

Credits to hellomysuperstar for the picture above <3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 




"What? Not again, Kris! This is already the third time you've ditched me to play basketball this week! Come on, are you THAT addicted to basketball?" Yun whined to her boyfriend, who was standing in front of her with a apologetic grin.

"Sorry babe, but I already promised I'll train with Yeol this week to help him get into the team. He really wants to get into the team, and tryouts are in four days. He's been bugging me for ages... Just let me train with him this week and after that, I can get him off my back, okay?" Kris reasoned, trying to pacify his girlfriend.

"But what about the movie you promised me last week? It's the last day in theatres today..." Yun continued to whine, still utterly disappointed that she will be missing the movie that she had waited so long to watch with Kris.

"I'll get the DVD for you once it's released, alright? Then we can watch it dozens of times together!" He bargained. He was really running late for his meeting with Chanyeol and he had to go off immediately.

Yun could sense that Kris was trying to end this conversation and rush off. Realising it was pointless to continue,she gave in, albeit a little unwillingly.

"Fine fine, just go off and leave me alone" She said, massaging her temples.

"I'll make it up to you, trust me Yun. Love you!" Kris said while pulling her closer and he kissed her forehead before running off towards the other direction.

'Yeah, maybe next time right?' Yun muttered to herself with a frown before heaving a sigh and headed home.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Dude, why are you so late! Made me wait for you like a idiot... " Chanyeol grumbled when Kris finally hopped down from the bus and strode towards him.

"Sorry, Yun was getting suspicious so I had to cook something up to her. Oh, and I said you were gonna try out for the basketball team so you needed my help. Make sure you tell her the same story if she asks you anything!" Kris said while dragging Chanyeol by the arm and they entered a jewelry shop.

"What? Kris, are you crazy? Who the hell tries out for the basketball team in your final year of university? That is obviously not gonna work! And me needing your help? Who's the one needing help here?" Chanyeol snorted. Kris totally ignored his rant and continued to look at the display of rings, his eyes scanning through the rows of various designs until he finally found the one he was looking for.

"Excuse me. can I have a look at this one? The third one from the left, second row." Kris said to the shop attendant. She nodded and took the ring out, placing it on the glass table top for Kris.

"Yah, are you even listening to me? Kris!" Chanyeol said, irritated that Kris had totally ignored him..

"WU YI FAN!" Chanyeol shouted into his ears, which gave Kris a huge startle as he was completely focused on the ring.

"Park Chanyeol! I am trying to choose a ring here! Can you just let me concentrate for a while?" Kris retorted while rubbing his ears furiously to relieve the impact from Chanyeol's shout.

"What's there to focus? You've been eyeing this design for three months already!" Chanyeol said, crossing his arms.

"Precisely! I've been planning this for ages! I want to make sure this is the perfect one for Yun!" Kris exclaimed, trying to emphasis how important it was.

"Oh how could I not know you've been planning this for ages? You've been dragging me everywhere this week, the restaurants to check the ambience and menu, the florists to customize your special bouquet and so many other places..." Chanyeol ranted, rolling his eyes for the extra effect.

"Yeol, I know, this is really the final place we will go before I finally roll out the plans two days later. I am really grateful for all your help, but just let me concentrate on the ring now please?" Kris pleaded, his eyes full of determination.

"Fine fine, go ahead, I'll just stand here and zip up" Chanyeol answered, zipping up his lips with his fingers pinched together.

Kris then turned his attention back to the ring on the glass table top. It was a pretty simple ring, with a diamond encrusted in the centre of a small heart. It was simple, yet elegant.

Exactly what he saw his lover as.

Chanyeol was quietly observing Kris on the side, and just from seeing how Kris was so focused on choosing the ring, he knew how deeply in love his pal was. Kris wanted everything to be perfect for his girlfriend, or rather, wife-to-be.

"Yun is really lucky to have you, Kris" Chanyeol said simply, looking at Kris.

"No, I am the lucky one to have her, Yeol" Kris answered, his gaze locked with Chanyeol, a small smile creeping onto his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yun was absolutely bored at home. Having finished all her assignments earlier in hopes of spending some time with Kris, she was left with nothing to do except to roll around on her bed. After rolling around for a while, a random idea popped up in her mind.

'Why don't I go visit Kris and Yeol at the basketball court? Even just sitting there is better than rolling around here like an idiot...' She thought to herself.

Within minutes, she changed into a casual outfit of a t-shirt and jeans shorts and headed out towards the basketball court. From what she remembered, they would always practice at the one behind the neighbourhood supermarket since it was pretty quiet there and they can use it for hours without interruption from anyone.

On the way walking over, she spotted a familiar figure heading towards the supermarket. Squinting her eyes a little, she realised it was Chanyeol. He was all alone, but that did not bother Yun. What bothered her was that he did not seem sweaty at all. He was dressed in a checkered shirt and skinny jeans, which definitely did not look like attire suitable for basketball practice. His hair was even styled impeccably, which made it really suspicious since basketball practice would surely mess it up.

Yun took a glance at her watch. It was merely two hours after Kris ditched her to go practice. If Chanyeol was as desperate to get into the team as what Kris described, he would definitely have practised for more than 2 hours. Yun felt that something was definitely wrong, hence she decided to tail Chanyeol.

She followed Chanyeol into the supermarket, where he headed towards the drinks section. He wad about to grab a pack of juice when his phone rang. He answered it immediately.

"Hey Sehun! What's up! What? Nope nothing on now! I am the way back, at the supermarket now!" Chanyeol chripped happily.

Yun tried to close in as much as she could to hear the conversation. She was standing right behind Chanyeol, but her back was facing him, and she pretended to be looking through the items on the racks.

"Yeah I just met up with Kris, that guy's going bonkers. He got so snappy at me, all because of his girl. I really wonder what happened to that charismatic Kris ages ago!" Chanyeol continued on, not realising that Yun heard every word clearly.

Yun heard every word clearly, but she also misunderstood every word Chanyeol said.

'So Kris has been getting snappy? Because of me? Is he getting sick of me? Am I too whiny?' She thought to herself, frozen in her position. She did not notice Chanyeol turning around to browse through the items at her rack, and only got back to her senses when she heard a loud gasp.

"Oh crap oh crap... Sehun I'll get back to you later!" Chanyeol muttered and hung up immediately. He turned to Yun immediately and tried to explain but he found himself at a complete loss for words. He could not explain himself properly without exposing Kris' plans, but if he exposed it, Kris would murder him and feed him to the dogs. While he was busy processing his thoughts to try and find a proper explanation to Yun, she looked up at him and blabbered off.

"Kris doesn't like me anymore right? He probably finds me irritating, he probably finds me too clingy, I am unsuitable for him..." Yun sprouted nonsense while her eyes gradually watered up. Chanyeol started to panic and tried to calm her down. Before he could even explain anything, Yun bolted out of the supermarket and ran towards the direction of her house with soft sobs.

Chanyeol tried to go after her, but he realised that even if he caught up with her, he would still be unable to placate her with his unsupported explanations. He decided to do what was the best, even if there was a risk he might be murdered by his best friend. He took out his mobile phone and pressed a few numbers.

"Hello, Kris? Erm I have some bad news for you..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Upon receiving Chanyeol's call, Kris hurriedly dressed and rushed out of the house. He had just finished taking a shower and was planning to go through his plans for the proposal again when Chanyeol called him and told him about the encounter with Yun.

'Park Chanyeol, I'll murder you once I get the chance. I'll chop you up and throw you to Kai's dog to feed on... ' Kris thought to himself while running over to Yun's house.

In less than 15 minutes, Kris reached Yun's house. He knocked on the door rapidly, and Yun's mother opened the door.

"Good, I was wondering when you were gonna turn up. Yun is upstairs in her room, and I have no idea what's wrong with her. Go fix what ever problems you guys have, I need to go fetch her dad from the airport now. You have two hours. Either make up with her, or get ready to face our wrath" she said in one long breath before grabbing her car keys off the shoe rack near the door and left the house. All Kris could say was a hasty 'Yes okay' before the door shut tightly, leaving a bewildered Kris in the hallway.

He rushed up to Yun's room hurriedly and tried to open the door, only to find it locked. He twisted the door knob continuously, while calling out for Yun at the same time.

"Yun! Babe, open the door please! Just give me five minutes, I'll explain everything to you! Come on, open the door baby! Don't make me use the spare key. I know where it is!" Kris threatened. Yun had been clumsy enough to lock herself out of her room a few times, forcing her parents to make a spare key for her room so that she can unlock her room.

"Just.. just go away!" Yun cried as sniffles could be heard from within. Kris heaved a heavy sigh and went to get the spare key. He quickly inserted the key and opened the door. Yun was still crying on the bed and when he entered, she jumped off the bed and tried to get out of her room, but Kris was faster. He grabbed her waist and kicked the door close with his long legs before pushing her back onto the door and he towered over, hands still grabbing her waist firmly.

"Choi Yun! Will you just listen to me?" He half-shouted, trying to calm himself down. He took a deep breath and looked at Yun. She was still sobbing softly, with remnants of tears on her face. Kris used his right hand and lifted her face up, wiping her tears away.

"Look at me, babe. Please!" Kris pleaded.

Yun looked at him slowly, her eyes still watery. She tried to stop her sniffles as Kris gently her cheek.

"Let me explain. Don't just listen to that idiot Chanyeol. Please?" Kris said in a gentle tone.

Yun nodded and waited for Kris to explain.

"That idiot totally ruined my plans. You know why I have been so busy this week? I haven't been playing basketball like I told you. I have been going to all the different places in town, trying to find the perfect places for everything I need. I want to get the perfect bouquet for you, I want us to have a romantic dinner in the perfect restaurant and most importantly, I want to propose with the perfect ring..." Kris said, his eyes overflowing with sincerity. Yun gave a soft gasp as Kris took out a small black box from his jeans pocket and held it in his palms.

"Oh my, Kris... I... I am sorry..." Yun blabbered while glancing at Kris and then the box.

"Don't be sorry, it's my fault. I should have been more careful in the first place..." Kris answered with a sheepish grin.

"This might not be the scenario I was expecting to propose to you in, but I think it's now or never... Will you marry me, Yun? I know we are only in our final year of university and we still have a long way to go in life... I don't even know if I'll be a successful man in future, but what I know for sure is that I want to spend the rest of life with you. I can't imagine how life would be like without you, I need you, Yun ... " Kris proposed, pouring his heart out to his girl.

"Yes" Yun replied, a smile appearing onto her face and her eyes began to tear up again. She hugged Kris with all her might and squeezed him as tightly as she could. It all seemed like a dream come true to her. Their relationship, which started back in high school, has finally blossomed into her lifelong happiness. She started crying again, but this time, they were tears of joy.

"I love you, Yun..." Kris said as he slipped the ring onto her ring finger and he then laced their fingers together.

"I'll never let go of you. No matter what, Yun..." Kris muttered and he kissed his fiancee.

"I love you too, Kris..." Yun replied into the kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The next day, Kris met up with his friends and broke the news to them about his proposal. They congratulated him and he made them promise that they would all be his bestmen.

Just as they were about to leave the cafe after their gathering, Luhan pulled Kris aside and asked him something.

"So Kris, if you have already proposed, you have no need for the restaurant reservation and the bouquet already right? Mind transferring them to me? I can use them to give my girlfriend a surprise" Luhan asked.

All Kris did was to give him his usual face and three words.

"Maybe next time..."

--------------------------------------------------------------
hello guys! Ok I just realised I am an idiot, because I completed this story two days ago but I forgot to unhide the chapter and I was even sad that no one commented because I thought no one liked my story. Ok so now the chapter is up. Do leave some commments for me please! Even a smiley face :) would be nice! thanks!