The Filling

A Bamboo's Wounds

Entry #1:

A bamboo portrays my heart. Bamboos have fast growing rates, yet why is it growing slow? Is it because of the condition of where it was raised? My feelings happened gradually. Maybe it's because of my current situation

Pouring out, the cloud's emotions seeped through. Holding my umbrella against my chest to stop it from bursting out, I saw you again.

Blinding, I shielded my eyes. Sunshine is as bright as you. You might surpass it.

Clouds running away, reveals pale blue. I miss you.

<:>

 

The rhythmic beating from that organ. The organ that pumps your blood. Jointed stem. It feeds the desires of many. 

Hollow. Echoing a faint sound, not even canines can hear. Changmin watched the little bamboo. Flicking it several times, nothing happened. 

Empty. Even she had left. The vacant classroom, where only Changmin was occupying. There was an invisible border between the two of them. Changmin knew crossing it would be difficult.

Spacious. The gap that wanted to be filled.

Hollow, empty, and spacious. 

<:>

Entry #2:

In the end.. You're just from a different world. Somewhere I possibly can never reach or enter. 

That place, that person that I strive for, it'll never be mine.

I never do anything for my sake. 

<:>

Everyone knew Yeonhee. They enjoyed her presence. 

"Do you really not remember me?" Changmin asked out loud in the empty classroom.

"Who are you talking to?" Yeonhee asked as she walked into the lonely classroom.

"A person who no longer exists." 

<:>

Entry #3:

A never ending cycle. If I were to break out of it, what will become of me?

I know what will happen. These hollow wounds, it'll only grow to be more painful.

<:>

"Do you really not remember me?" Changmin asked out loud in the empty classroom again.

"Do you miss that person that much?" Yeonhee asked as walked into the classroom again. 

Changmin blankly stared at her. His eyes were asking why she was here again.

"Ah.. I forgot my textbooks." Yeonhee tried to sound casual.

"Hollow. Empty. Spacious." Changmin pointed to a small bamboo near the window. The bamboo belonged to the teacher.

"What?" Yeonhee raised an eyebrow.

"These wounds, would they ever heal?" he asked in a monotone voice.

"What wounds?" 

"You really did forget." 

Yeonhee quickly left the classroom.

<:>

Entry #4:

Was everything really wiped clean? Those memories. 

Tell me that you're pretending because those wounds were too much for you.

<:>

"Why're you here again?" Yeonhee yelled one afternoon when the classroom was vacant.

"Why do you want to know?" Changmin asked softly.

"During class you aren't here, but after class you're always here." 

"Do you really not remember?"

"Even if I did or didn't, I don't want to know!" she screamed.

"Failed attempt." 

"Shut up!"

"Coma."

"Shut up!"

"Alive."

"Shut the hell up!" Yeonhee covered her ears.

"Only because of me."

Yeonhee left the classroom.

<:>

Entry #5:

Did I ruined your plans by saving you? 

Do you remember? You would always tell me a heart and bamboo were similar. Hollow, empty and spacious. You couldn't stand it anymore. Somehow you were driven to the edge. You didn't want to belong here anymore, so you joined a new world. On the way to that new world, that process to that place you always strived for, you ended up leaving me behind. Throwing away everything for your own good.

Yet I always try to adjust myself for you. Why? Now I feel that hollowness. Why do I still want to be with you?

<:>

"Who I was several years ago.. Yes I don't exist anymore." Yeonhee told herself. She stared at her reflection in the mirror of the school's bathroom. Yeonhee touched the mirror. She formed a fist and then destroyed the mirror. Yeonhee was disfiguring her reflection. 

She covered her eyes with her damaged fingers. The memories she locked up were resurfacing in her head.

She remembered the accident several years ago. 


heya tbc.