Everything Was Going Great

Replay! Redo! Restart!

The day has finally come..

The date was May 15th, 2054.

The sixty eight year old Siwon was looking at his reflection in the mirror. His gray tousled hair.

The eyebags were under his eyes. His fingers looked much more bonier than ever. Yet that twinkle in his

kind eyes never changed. He grinned, admiring his reflection, despite his old age. Siwon wondered how

Taecyeon was feeling at this moment.

~o~o~o~o~o~

Taecyeon, who was the same age as his husband, was drumming his fingers against the windowpane. He just sat there

in his rocking chair right beside the window. The weather was clear. The sun was bright. There were many,many white

clouds in the blue sky. He chuckled at the thought of clouds looking like fluffy,white cotton candy.

He always imagined this day ever since last year. His hand was placed on his heart, feeling it's heartbeat. 

It represented his strong and deep affection for the man. 

~o~o~o~o~o~

Sungmin, their seventeen year old grandson, pecked his girlfriend's cheek. His arm was draped over

her shoulder. His girlfriend's name was Hyewon Jin.

Hyewon blushed, feeling the contact on her skin.

" You're so sweet, Minnie~ " she cooed delightfully.

 

A blush colored Sungmin's cheeks, hearing the compliment coming from Hyewon. He was grateful for

meeting such a beautiful girl like her, whom he wished to marry when he's older. His fingers laced through Hyewon's,

grasping it tightly.

" I'm glad I have you, Hyewon. You're the only girl I needed. I don't want anybody but you, " Sungmin announced

Hyewon placed her hand on his cheek, gently caressing it. " I'm glad I have you as well, Sungmin. "

~o~o~o~o~o~

Then Siwon's family members were piling in the living room. There were so many of them. Siwon turned away from the mirror and walked towards them, using his wooden cane for support. He found his younger sister, Jiwon, in the crowd. He gave her a bright smile and spread his arms to hug her.

Jiwon chuckled and walked over to him, embracing her older brother. 

" It's been so long, Siwon-ah, " she said, burying her face in Siwon's chest. Jiwon missed Siwon so much. It felt like a couple of decades since they have talked to each other. 

Siwon nodded his head as he her long, black hair with gray streaks. It felt so silky and smooth beneath his touch. 

 

" I know right! " 

 

Jiwon stopped burying her head in Siwon's chest, gasping for air. She pulled away from the hug and walked towards to Siwon's brother, Seunghyun.

Siwon waved at his sister, and his sister waved back at him.

~o~o~o~o~o~

Siwon used his wooden cane for support to walk over to Taecyeon. Stepping into the living room, he sees the old Taecyeon sitting on his rocking chair, whistling a tune

or two. A smile graced his lips as he rocked his chair back and forth. Siwon chuckled softly and pulled a wooden chair, sitting on it. 

 

" Taecyeon, " Siwon whispered lowly.

" Hm? " Taecyeon hummed. He's quite a bad listener.

" Can you say that again? "

Siwon sighed heavily and coughed.

" Taecyeon! " Siwon shouted.

 

Taecyeon's eyes widened, and his eyebrow slightly twitched. Even though he was the one who asked for Siwon to reiterate, the old man had to admit he was slightly caught off guard.

" I didn't say you have to yell... " croaked Taecyeon. 

Siwon laughed heartily and shook his head, rubbing Taecyeon's back.

" I love you... " said Siwon, leaning towards Taecyeon to place a gentle kiss on his cheek.

" I love you too, Wonnie, " Taecyeon cooed and pecked his lips.

Siwon chuckled and blinked feeling his lips on his. It's like they were 15 years old again, when the both of them had dark hair and wrinkle free faces.

Sungmin and Hyewon made fake vomitting sounds when they watched the scene. Then Sungmin fake coughed and clutched onto his stomach, pretending as if he was about to die. Hyewon covered with both hands to hold back her laughter.

Taecyeon rolled his eyes, watching the comical scene in his sight.

" Very funny you two, " said Taecyeon sarcastically.

Siwon  just faced the two teenagers with an arched eyebrow.

" Was that really necessary? " he questioned, pretending to be serious. Siwon covered his mouth when he coughed.

Sungmin grumbled and walked out of the living room while Hyewon followed him, giggling. 

Jooyeon and her elder sister, Jinah, skipped into the room, whistling a tune. The both of them linked arms and swung them. The both of them are Sungmin's cousins, making them Siwon's and Taecyeon's grandchildren as well. Jinah's older than Sungmin by five years, while Jooyeon's older than him by only two years.

Then they stopped whistling and just looked at Taecyeon and Siwon with twinkling eyes and big smiles plastered on their faces.

" Hello Siwon and Taecyeon, " the sisters said in unison and bowed.

The couple, Siwon and Taecyeon, nodded their heads simultaneously in acknowledegement. 

Then Taecyeon stood up, walking at a slow pace to the sisters.

A smile formed on the sisters' faces as they watch the old man walking toward them in snail speed.

Jinah faked a sigh and dragged her younger sister over to Taecyeon. Jooyeon had a feeling that it would take him a couple of years to reach his destination, even though there wasn't much distance.

Then they both hugged Taecyeon, practically squeezing his eyes out of their eye sockets. 

Taecyeon felt the warmth from the two thin girls, but could hardly breathe when they were squeezing him. He pried their arms off his body. Then the old man beckoned his husband to follow him. After Siwon stood up, Taecyeon grasped his hand tightly and walked out of the living room as soon as he heard a ding! sound from the doorbell.

~o~o~o~o~o~