Chapter 8

Can't you understand my heart?

Suyeon's POV

When Doojoon saw me, he smiled gently and walked towards me. His casual black jeans and a white t-shirt seemed to fit him perfectly. I swear everything he wears makes him seem like a supermodel. Because of the assignment I hadn't seen Doojoon as much as I would normally. This meant the excitement of him sitting next to me on the bus increased and made me more nervous. It felt as if I had gone a year without water and I was having my first drink. I tried my best to compose myself with a smile as he sat down next to me. 

 "Mornin'," he greeted me with his low gentle voice

"Hi, it feels like it's been a while since I last talked to you alone." I smiled 

"Hmm, did you miss me too much? Hahaha."  He jokingly asked and I slightly blushed. Yes, yes I did. I missed you so much that looking at you now is making me so happy I could burst. 

"Pfft, after 14 years of being together, a little separation from you is a huge relief." I replied knowing that was all a lie.

Soon after the nervousness I had from not seeing him for so long dissolved and the conversation continued as normal. We talked about normal things like school, my family and random tv programmes. What was strange was Doojoon kept asking me about Sunggyu. I didn't understand why but I figured it was because he wanted to know about him before considering him a friend of his.

 

Doojoon's POV

When I stepped onto the bus, I didn't expect to see Suyeon sitting there. When I saw her, a strange sense of happiness developed within me. I hated riding buses alone, that was the only sane reason I could find for this sudden feeling. I sat down next to her and she had her stupid silly smile on her face. It's nice to see her beautiful her smile again -- wait, what am I saying!? 

Lately I had found that talking to Suyeon had become rather difficult. I would catch my heart beating strangely fast and I found myself thinking ugly thoughts like how she was beautiful. A good example of this was precisely that moment. My heart kept beating out of time at a remarkable speed and her smile kept captivating me. All these thoughts are probably due to the fact I missed being around my precious childhood friend. Yes, this is definitely the reason. That thought made my beating heart calm down and I could finally greet Suyeon with a casual, "mornin',"

As our conversation progressed, I realized Suyeon talked about Sunggyu more than I would otherwise have appreciated. For some strange reason it made me feel sick to my stomach. Immediately I recognized this feeling. This is my 'man instinct' kicking it. Being the loyal friend that I was, I asked  Suyeon multiple questions about this guy. Yes, I have to protect my friend from evil men and that means knowing all I can. This is what friends are for afterall.