Wishful Longing

Wishful Longing

 

The day was usual as every Friday was (when we weren’t promoting overseas). Come in early, greet the staff, go over the line up, and practice my lines while waiting in my dressing room to be called on stage.

I glanced at the clock

…25 more minutes.

With a sign, I continued practicing as MC while lying upside down on the couch.

“Welcome to M! Count-“ I began but a yawn stopped me from continuing any further.

I stared at the clock.

Tik-tok. Tik-tok.

My eyelids began to grow heavy.

I yawned again.

Slowly, my eyes closed as sleep took over.

KNOCK KNOCK

So much for taking a nap,’ I thought as I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and answered the door.

“Are we starting the show earlier than-?”

I froze.

“Hey.”

It was her.

“Can I come in?”

I snapped out of my daze and stuck my head out the door and checked the halls.

The coast was clear.

I quickly pulled her inside and shut the door behind me. I turned to her pretending to be calm as possible “What can I do for you?”

“I really need to talk to you,” she said.

I paused. She sounded serious.

“No problem,” I offered her a seat on the couch. “What did you want to talk about?”

She hesitated before answering “Actually, I wanted to talk about you,” she then gestured at herself “…about us.”

My breath hitched.

“W-what about us?”

She looked down.

“What?” I asked gently

“I-I don’t know if it’ll change anything…” she trailed off

I placed my hands over hers to encourage her to continue, feeling grow warm with the mere skin ship with her.

She looked down at our hands and smiled. Slowly looking up we locked eyes.

“I like you…” she said softly.

My heart jumped.

“What?” I had to be sure I heard her right.

“…I like you,” she repeated though this time with a little bit of doubt in her voice as if she was regretting her choice of confessing.

I hugged her tight. I couldn’t help it. “That’s what I thought you said! This is great!”

“Wait. Does this mean-?”

I nodded vigorously “Yeah. I like you too!”

She giggled and suddenly grabbed my face.

“Hm?”

She leaned forward and slowly closed her eyes.

I was shocked.

I knew she was born in America but the girl making the first physical move especially on the first day was new to me. But being one not to complain, I closed my eyes and leaned.

Is this a dream?

“Hongki-ssi?”

It was a man’s voice.

I backed away before our lips could touch. I looked around.

There was no one else in the room.

“Hongki-ssi?”

I looked in front of me.

“Hongki-ssi?” she repeated in a deep male voice.

“What?!”

“Hongki-ssi wake up!!!”


“Huh?!”

I bolted up.

“Finally! I’ve been grabbing trying to get you to wake up for the past 5 minutes.”

It was the PD.

I stood up and bowed “Sorry! Sorry! It was an accident! Sorry!”

He signed “It’s fine but don’t let it happen again. We still have time before the show starts so we decided that were going to film you and the artist performing today. Now hurry and a cameraman has been waiting for you outside.”

I nodded, grabbed my cue cards and went out in the hall.

So it really was dream… I should have known.’ I thought as I patted my face to get me back on track.

After visiting peoples dressing rooms including K. Will’s and Miss A’s dressing room which by the way, involved getting pushed away by the girls, and now her room was next.

It’s been a week since I last saw her, though that was usually the case.

Once a week.

I usually saw her on the days we had a broadcast of M! Countdown but other than that it was rare if we saw each other somewhere else other than my dreams.

We got along, we followed each other on twitter, had each other’s number, contacted each other daily and had a lot in common. I was attracted to her, not just in appearance but what was on the inside too and I thought she felt something too but lately all she was doing was comparing me to her younger brother; Sam. I didn’t like it.

And it but it was reality.

With a deep breath I knocked.

No answer.

I knocked again. Harder.

Still answer.

I glanced at the cameraman to my left.

“We don’t have that much time left. I still need to turn in the footage to have a broadcast before the show starts,” He said.

I nodded “How about I enter to see if she’s in there or not?”

“Can you do that?” the cameraman asked

“Of course. She’s a friend of mine plus we don’t have that much time left.”

“Okay.” Said the cameraman unsure

“Wait here and I’ll check.”

He nodded.

With another breather, I entered her dressing room and looked around.

There she was. Taking a nap on the couch. It was weird considering the fact that she was a rookie and instead of practicing for her stage, she was here taking a nap but those were actually one of the things I liked about her. She was confident.

I got closer “Noona?”

Yeah, that’s right. She was a noona, she was exactly one year older than me. But age didn’t really matter to me, I mean in this society who cared about age?

I bent down to her level. Her hair came down across her face, I brushed it out of the way “Ailee-noona? Wake up,”

I was now directly in front of her face “Aile-“

Wow.’ I stopped myself ‘She’s got really long eyelashes,’ I thought as I peered closer to her face. ‘And they’re real.’

She was beautiful. I mean, I knew she was pretty before but standing less than 2 inches away from her face makes me see that she is truly beautiful.

My eyes trailed to her cheeks ‘She’s got really high cheek bones. I wanna squeeze her cheeks,’ I poked her instead. I shrugged, close enough.

I followed her bone structure until I went down her chin and then slowly up to her lips ‘Her lips look really pink…and soft.’

I was slowly leaning towards her lips without realizing it, without thinking of the consequences.

“What are you doing?”

I fell backwards startled by her voice; I looked up to see her leaning over me with a questioning look.

Panic went through me. Oh god. Does she think I’m some kind of ert now?!

Quick think, Hongki think! “I-I was just trying get something off your face, noona!”

With what? My lips?

Ailee didn’t seem to buy it as she scrunched her lips in thought.

I raised my hands up “Really! Scouts honor!”

To be honest I was never really a scout.

“Hmm… okay.” She said.

She didn’t sound convinced and awkward silence took over.

She kept glancing at me until I broke the silence.

“Uh, well actually I came in here to tell you that we were going to film intro’s for tonight’s performers.”

“Ah, okay then.” She said as she stood up

There was a knock on the door.

“I’ll be coming in with the camera, so act natural.”

“Oh~ So now you’re a cameraman?” She teased as I walked towards the door.

I stuck my chest out and said proudly “A rookie but one of the best!”

She patted my head “Well you are young, there’s so much you can do.”

I shook off her hands, frowning at her words.

“I’m not that young,” I muttered as I left the room.

After taking the camera, I once again entered the room. She was pretending to text on her make up chair.

“Ah Ailee!” I yelled as I began filming.

She looked up and waved excitedly

“Say something to our viewers!”

“Hello! I am rookie Ailee!” she then did the famous boing boing

Why does she have to be so cute?

“Stop trying to act cute,” I said playfully as she continued.

The cameraman behind me spoke up “I think that’s enough filming. I’m going take the tape over to the broadcasting room now.” He said as he grabbed the camera and left, leaving me and Ailee alone.

I glanced at her “Well I better be going noona. I still have lines to practice as MC.”

She nodded “Okay. See you.”

I bowed before I headed to the door.

“Haha,”

I glanced back to see her giggling to herself “What? What’s so funny?”

She waved her hand “Oh its nothing,” she said but couldn’t stop giggling.

I walked towards “I want to know,”

“You would think it was ridiculous,” she said

“Try me,” I was a stubborn person.

Ailee suddenly stopped giggling. She looked down “Uh, well. I actually thought you were going to… kiss me… back then.”

The room got quiet.

I gulped.

She quickly shook her head “But that’s ridiculous right?” and laughed.

“But…” I trailed off

“Hmm?” she said as she looked at me

“…I was going to kiss you,”  

Ailee’s eyes widen “What?” she whispered.

I stood up straighter, more confident.

“I was going to kiss you,” I said louder, I took a step towards closer.

“I like you,” I said, no my feelings were stronger than that

“I love you.”

She was shocked, silent. The only thing you could here was breathing and my heartbeat.

After what seemed like hours, she laughed

“Wow. You almost got me there Hongki-ssi! You shouldn’t joke like that though I almost believed you.” She said as she walked passed me.

I grabbed her wrist before she could go further.

“I love you,” I said more stronger

“Whatever you say, kiddo,” Ailee shrugged it off “Your acting is really good. How about noona buys you some-”

Anger and desperation took over as I grabbed her arms “No! Don’t treat me like a kid! I’m not a little kid so stop treating me like one!”

“But-” she said shock at my outburst

I looked her in the eye “I really like you, heck I love you! You are the person in my heart, a person that I can’t seem to get out of my mind. And do you know how much it hurts to have the woman you love treat you like a little brother?! Thinking my feelings as a joke? Wishing that just once, I want her to see me as a man and not a little brother?!”

“But you are like a little brother!” she said as she tried to break my grip, she refused to meet my eyes as hers watered.

“Stop lying to me. Stop lying to yourself! We both know that’s not true,” I kept my hold on her “But if you won’t admit it then fine, I’m tired of hiding.”

I pressed my body to hers.

She gasped.

“I’m going to do whatever it takes to win your heart and not as a younger brother but as a man.”

I released her, letting her slid down on the floor as I left the room. Hearing her heart beat faster than mine.

What did I just do?’ I glanced up at the ceiling, outside her door.  After this she’ll at least be aware of me now but things just got complicated.

I looked back at her door ‘But I’ll do my best in capturing your heart. I’ll turn this one-sided love into real love.’

I shook my head as I walked.

No, this wasn’t one-sided love because I know she feels something too but more like…

a Wishful Longing that's about to come true.


Authors Note: It came out different from what I hoped. I been into this pairing for a few months now and I'm happy to finally post this. I'm still debating on whether or not I should write more chapters instead of making it a one-shot and make it into a series. And for some reason I really wanted to end with the title name but it didn't exactly work out but I tried my best. 

P.SI've recently been a co-author to another Ailee story called 'Mixed Up Roommateshttp://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/345335/mixed-up-roomates-suzy-yoona-exok-bap-daehyun-chanyeol-ailee

Check it out if you have a chance! The pairing is Ailee and Daehyun!

Thanks for the subscriptions! Please let me know what you guys think!