Chapter 22

Follow Your Heart

 

"Yep, that's the one. I think I have got it all work out now. I might debut it on tour. Give the audience a taste of what is going to be on the next record." Jiyong told her.

 

"Do I get to hear it?" Dara asked.

 

"Maybe, if you are a good girl." Jiyong teased. "No more running into guys with bodies so hot they can melt you."

 

"You know you are the only one who has melted me."Dara told him.

 

"I want to be the only man who melts you forever." Jiyong told her.

 

"You have to stop saying things like that to me. I might just fall in love with you and make you marry me." Dara told him.

 

"Would it be so bad to be married to me? Waking up every morning next to each other, sharing the stories of our day over dinner, relaxing together in front of a fireplace, and making passionate love every night. Could you handle that?" Dara asked her.

 

"We have only known each other a week, Jiyong I am not the type that just jumps into things. I have never been able to just let my heart lead. I know that I have strong feelings for you, but I don't want to mess this up. Do you understand?" Dara said.

 

"Hey, I was just talking about for the future. I wasn't saying we should run off to Dara tonight and get married by Junghoon. I have appointments the rest of this week. Maybe this weekend though. I'm free, how about you?" He asked teasing.

 

 

"This weekend, hmm. Can I get back to you on that? I have to check my calender. Would that be an all day thing or could we just squeeze it into an hour block." Dara back.

 

"Sweetheart, when I get you alone for a honeymoon, it will be a month long block, and we would never leave the room." Jiyong ran his hand up her leg.

 

"No fair, you are going to cause an accident." Dara laughed as he hit a ticklish spot on her thigh.

 

"Is that the place?" Jiyong asked as they pulled into a parking lot of a quaint looking diner.

 

"Don't let the facade fool you. This place has some of the best food in the area. It is the last of a dying breed, the greasy spoon. You will love it." Dara said getting out of the car and leading him in.

 

The diner was decorated like an old fifties diner, with red plastic seats and booths. There was a counter where patrons could sit, and an old jukebox that played records in the corner. Hung over the walls were pictures of celebrities that had been eaten there over the years. Frank Sinatra and the rest of the rat pack, Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jet were some of the singers. Then there was Audrey Hepburn, George Hamilton, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and many other actors lining the walls. The lunch crowd was small, there was only about three tables taken.

 

 

"I can't believe this place isn't filled all the time. The food is great, the service is the best, and the atmosphere is so laid back and relaxed." Dara said guiding Jiyong to a table.

 

The menus were on the tables, so they sat side by side sharing one. "Hey, sweetie, nice to see you again. I see you brought your handsome new man. Nice to meet you, I'm Yunjo." said the older waitress in the fifties uniform.

 

"Hi, I'm Jiyong. Dara has spoken highly of this place." Jiyong told her, shaking hands.

 

Yunjo gave him a smile. "We love Dara here. She is always so nice, we were a bit shocked to see that picture of her though. Just to let you know, you hurt my little girl here, and there will be hell to pay. I am still looking for that other jerk. She never brought him here. Probably knew I wouldn't approve. She must think highly of you to show you off to me." Yunjo certainly didn't mince words.

 

"I am honored that she thinks so, and I do hope you approve. Dara was saying you guys had a karaoke stage here. Do you mind if I try a new song out while we wait for our meal?" Jiyong gave Yunjo that devastating smile.

"Can you sing?" Yunjo .

 

"I have been know to carry a tune, but I don't know how good it will sound." Jiyong said.