{hunjoo} Fool

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Fool

Characters: Oh Sehun and Kim Namjoo

Pairing(s): Sehun x Namjoo (main)

Genre: Romance/ Fluff


Sehun had always believed that only fools fell in love. He just needed to watch his friends being so whipped to know that he was right. The way Jongin had turned from a cold guy to a lovey dovey idiot when he met Naeun, or the way Joonmyun became cheesier than ever just because of Chorong, or the way Luhan, who just like him said he'll never fall in love, now was crazy about Bomi; were enough reasons for Sehun to never want to fall in love. It really sounded scary to him, to be quiet honest and he did not wish to go through all that.

Aside all that, he was also afraid. He would never admit it, but he was scared. Scared of falling in love and having his heart broken. Only a fool would let his heart get broken because of love and he wasn't to let that happen. That is why he believed he would never fall in love. However, his view of love changed drastically one day. When he remembers that day, he wishes it had never happened. Because that girl swept him off his feet and turned his world upside down. 

Her name was Kim Namjoo and she was Jongin's cousin, who had just been transfered from Busan to their high school in Seoul. The first time he saw her, she took his breath away. She was insanely beautiful in his eyes, he had to admit, but that didn't mean anything else. That didn't mean he would fall in love with her. There was nothing wrong in admitting that girl was pretty.

However, destiny wanted to be persistant and Namjoo ended up being that same classroom as him. So Sehun was compelled to see her everyday, to her smile and to get to know her better and little by little, even if he didn't want to at first, they became closer. He liked being around her, he had to admit, but he still didn't believe he could fall in love.

One day that he saw her chatting happily with another guy, he felt weird. It was like a mix anger and the feeling of not being able to do anything. He just knew it felt bad and it was frustrating. His friends said he was jealous. He would only scoff when they said that. He couldn't possibly be jealous because that would mean he liked her, but he really wanted to believe that he didn't. Because liking someone was too dangerously close to falling in love. However, he couldn't make that annoying feeling that was bugging go away. He just knew he didn't like the idea of Namjoo being around other guys.

****

The day of the year tat Sehun hated the most arrived. It was Valentine's Day that day and it annoyed the hell out of him because love was in the air and it seemed like his school was full of fools. Sehun could only sigh and try to stay away from his friends and their girlfriends the whole day. He didn't think he could cope with so much love. 

The only way he found to get away from all that lovey dovey stuff around, was hiding in the rooftop during the recess. With his hands in his pockets, he walked thereand breathed some fresh air free of love. He was relived to know that the couples in his school hadn't come up with the idea of going to the rooftop.

"I guess we both had the same idea" he suddenly heard a voice that made him jump startled. He had believed he was alone there, but he was wrong. He turned around and was surprised to see Namjoo standing there with a smile on her face and somehow, his heart suddenly skipped a beat. 

"I only wanted to get some fresh air, all that love is making me dizzy" he said nonchalantly as he looked up to the sky. Namjoo only looked at him and chuckled. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Just preparing something special for someone special" she simply replied with a smile on her face and just then, he noticed the red package she had in her hands. His heart sank a little when she said that. Was he disappointed? He shook his head inmediately and decided to shrug off the feeling. He couldn't possibly be disappointed about something like that.

"So you are also a fool" Sehun said with a faint smile as he looked down. He had never expected Namjoo to be one of those fools who had fallen in love.

"Yah! What do you mean with that?" she asked slightly annoyed as she didn't understand why he was saying that. Sehun only chuckled.

"Yeah you are a fool too because only fools fall in love" he replied and Namjoo was surprised at first, but then only laughed. She found it amusing.

"If that's the case, then yeah I'm a fool too" she said smiling and Sehun smiled faintly, looking down at his feet once again "Because I fell in love with you"

Sehun froze in his spot when she said that and his eyes widened in surprise. He had been taken aback by the sudden confession and didn't know how to react. He looked at her, but she avoided his gaze and looked down. 

"Happy Valentine's Day Sehun" she said, handing him the little present she had in her hands, before walking away slowly. He was still there dumbfounded. Namjoo was really a one of a kind girl, since he had never expected a girl to make the first move. It was confusing. She was confusing, since he never knew how to act when he was around her. However, he had to admit he felt a rush of happiness when  after he heard her confession. After all, he had been in denial all that time.

"Namjoo wait!" he said and grabbed her arm before she could leave. She sun her around and a smile appeared on his face when he saw her cheeks slightly blushed.

"W-what?" she asked nervously and he could only smile once again

"Maybe I'm a fool too, Kim Namjoo because you turned me into one" befire she could say something about it, he crashed his lips against hers and kissed her softly. Her eyes widened in surprise, but then just kissed him back.

Sehun suddenly felt an overwhelming feeling in his heart and he knew then that there was no way to deny it anymore. He was another victim of love, he had fallen in love as well. He still belived only fools fell in love though, but yeah, he was fool too after all.