Heaven

Heaven

 

 

 

A little girl squealed in delight as she looked at the fluffy cats through the pet shop window. Her tall handsome father chuckled as he pulled her back slightly to prevent her from face planting her cute face on the display window. Her mother just laughed as she rested her head on her husband’s shoulder. Anybody who saw it would have agreed that they were a perfect happy family. Minho smiled at the thought and as he looked at their daughter’s happy face and listened to the melodious laughter that belonged to his wife, his heart swelled in happiness.

 

Minho and Haewon took their daughter out for their weekly Sunday walk. They walked to the park and played. Well, Minho played with their daughter as Haewon preferred to sit under the tree shades and read. She watched their happy smiles and felt a grin made its way to her face as she heard their joyful laughter. She almost screamed murder at her husband when she heard her baby shriek as he spun her around on his shoulder. But when Minho brought their daughter down to his chest and her shouts of laughter drowned her father’s deep chuckles made Haewon retract her non-existent claws and resumed her reading position.

 

Minho laughed as his daughter pulled him toward the tree they usually sat under. Minho’s smile widened as he made his way towards where his wife was. Minho sat beside her and laid his head on her lap. Their daughter was obviously tired too so she decided to plop her head on her father’s strong chest and her eyes immediately droop closed.

 

Haewon beamed at her husband and daughter. She ran her fingers through Minho’s hair and rested her head against the tree trunk. Several families who passed them by smiled at the picture they made. Haewon just returned their smile and waved her greeting.

 

Almost an hour later, the family decided to have some ice cream. Minho had finished his. Haewon refused one because she was afraid she would gain weight. Minho shook his head with a grin because to him, Haewon would always be beautiful. However, Minho smirked as his wife stole a taste of his ice cream and a bit of their daughter’s.

 

Their four year old daughter ran towards them after throwing away the tissue she used to clean her hands and bounded into Minho’s waiting arms. She flashed a crooked smile, something she inherited from her mother. Minho chuckled while Haewon giggled. Both the mother and father pecked their daughter’s chubby cheeks. Haewon ran her fingers through her daughter’s raven locks and the child leaned into her caress. She smiled lovingly at her daughter while Minho stared at them with a grin on his face.

 

The family of three then continued with their Sunday routine. They were nearing the last place they always went to before going home to retire for the day. They never missed going to this place every Sunday since a year and a half ago.

 

Haewon stopped in her tracks and enjoyed the view. She smiled softly at her daughter who was picking up wild flowers. She turned around and her eyes watered as Minho approached her. She knew this was coming but the feeling never faded though it had been years.

 

She watched as Minho brought the hands he hid behind his back forward. Minho had bought flowers for her. He never stopped buying her flowers. When she ran her fingers through the flower petals, she could feel his ragged breath against her neck. She pulled away when their daughter ran towards them. Her tears ran freely as her daughter offered her the wild flowers she picked. Haewon hugged her daughter lightly. Though she was crying, a smile tugged at her lips.

 

Anybody who saw it would have agreed that they were a perfect happy family…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

except that instead of seeing three, they would only see a father and a daughter. They would have never guessed that the mother was there too.. because she wasn’t.

 

Haewon fussed with the flowers but turned when she heard her daughter’s voice.

 

“Umma, look after us from Heaven, okay?”

 

Haewon smiled as she crouched down to her daughter’s height and kissed her forehead gently.

 

Always… she said.

 

Haewon then turned to Minho and kissed his cheek softly. Minho felt sudden warmth on his left cheek and he smiled.

 

“I love you..” he whispered.

 

Minho opened his eyes as a gentle breeze blew.  Minho swore he could hear Haewon’s voice saying, I love you too..

 

Flashes of memories he shared with Haewon ran through his mind. When his mind decided to conjure Haewon’s smiling face, Minho grinned while blinking back tears.

 

Minho felt a small hand patting his cheek. He looked at his daughter and lifted her in his arms. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before nuzzling her small nose.

 

“We will never be sad or alone, right?” Minho asked his daughter.

 

“No, appa.. Because umma will always make us happy and safe from here..” the little girl said with her left hand on her chest, and another hand on her father’s broad chest where his heart was beating.

 

Minho covered his daughter’s little hand with his large one. Haewon placed her own palm on top of Minho’s. That made Minho smile.

 

I feel you.. I know you’re here.. Minho said in his heart.

 

Haewon smiled, I’ll always be here..

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N :

1) Comments are loved. ^^

2) This was first posted in my LJ account.

3) I know I used the name HaeWon again.. I dont know why.. I love the name.. and this was written way earlier before my story of Kris & HaeWon in "So You Can Be With Her".. so yeah.. I at changing names.. LOL! XD