The Kim's

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

 

Backstory

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim didn't marry for love.

Although Mr. Kim came from a wealthy family, but he didn't like all the pressure they were putting on him. He wanted to branch away and make his own business, but he needed help.

Mrs. Kim was an heiress, but she didn't care much for the family business. She wanted to live her own life.

 

Both Mr. and Mrs. Kim new each other from a young age and since they went to the same school and were in the same social circles they constantly bumped into each other. They neither hated nor liked each other, they actually didn't feel or think anything towards each other. 

One day while at a social event that neither of them wanted to be at Mr. Kim overheard Mrs. Kim tell her friend how she wanted to live a free life going around the world and volunteering, but that her parents didn't support her. They wanted her to find a husband who would be able to help their company grow. She had no interest in that kind of life, she just wanted to leave and travel, but needed money.

A few weeks passed by and Mr. Kim talked to important business owners about his company, but they always reject his ideas. No one wanted to invest in his company. He became frustrated. Then one day an idea popped into his head. This time he wasn't talking to an owner, but instead an heiress.

 

"We've known each other for many years and I know we hardly talk, but I have a proposal for you. I didn't mean to overhear your conversation the other day, but I have an idea on how you can get money in order to travel. It may sound over the top, but just listen to what I have to say." She agreed and he continued. "I have an idea for a company, however, my parent's won't fund it. In a matter of five years it will be booming." He explained everything, what it was, how it worked, how it was going to earn them money, etc. "So you see you'll be able to have enough to go around the world and do whatever you want. And If you invest you'll be able to earn money with stock alone."

"So that's all I have to do? Fund your company and buy stocks? How much do you need?" she asks.

"Here's where it gets complicated, the amount is....."

"How much?! I can't get that kind of money."

"I know. You will probably think I'm crazy with what I'm about to say." He took a few seconds to say, "Let's get married."

"You want us to get married?" she asks with a straight face. It wasn't a shock for her since arranged marriages (families joining in order to make their companies grow) where common. Her parents were one of them.

"If we get married, your father will be happy since my family can help your company. I need your father's help, but like everyone else he will only help if I'm a family member. It won't be a real marriage. We will live in the same house, but will have nothing to do with each other." 

Mrs. Kim didn't give him an answer that night. They were young only 18, their plan was to be married for five years until the business took off and then divorce.

After much thinking they get married six months later, but this secret was only between Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

 

 

The first year was easy since Mr. Kim was busy working on his business and Mrs. Kim was busy working on her own projects, so they hardly saw each other. During that time they didn't share a room because this marriage was strictly business. That's what they both agreed on. Or so they thought.

Mr. Kim was noticing what a beautiful person Mrs. Kim was not only physically, but internally as well. However, he didn't act on his feelings because of their agreement.

 

One day Mr. Kim got really sick for working too much and not getting enough sleep. Mrs. Kim stopped all her projects and took care of him during that time. He was very thankful because no one had ever done that for him. Even though he had a mother, but the nanny was the only one who was there when he was growing up taking care of him. Mrs. Kim's careful care reminded him of her and was happy to have her during this difficult time. But with his happiness also came great pain and frustration. This occurred during the beginning of their second year of marriage. After he got better the doctor told him to take it easy and not work so hard. He was forced to spend more time at home. Mrs. Kim didn't continue with her projects instead she stayed with Mr. Kim and continued to take care of him.

"You don't have to stay here with me." He says in a cold tone.

"You're still sick, I don't want to leave you."

"Just leave! You're the reason as to why I'm still sick!" Mr. Kim said in frustration. He was a lot more irritable and moody towards her than before. She thought it was because he couldn't work, little did she know it was because of his hidden feelings for her. He loved her, but couldn't tell her.

Mrs. Kim couldn't take it anymore. She cared and had fallen in love with Mr. Kim, but he was only saying hurtful things to her. "Why do you say those painful words to me when...I...I love you."

She had caught what is called Florence Nightingale Syndrome, "it happens in hospitals when nurses fall in love with their patients". After that they could no longer hide their feelings for each other. 

 

 

They became so close and so in love. Since money wasn't Mrs. Kim's priority Mr. Kim was no longer focusing his attention on the company. He put his company on pause and instead took the next few months off. He wanted to spend as much time with her and not waste anymore, he loved her. The next few months were the best time they've ever had. They didn't do grand things, being together was grand enough. They traveled all over Korea going on picnics, the beach, walking, talking, and loving each other. They were a real couple and showed it. Kai was born a year later.

 

They were so happy when their son was born. They returned to Seoul and settled down, Mr. Kim continued with his company and little by little it started growing. By the time Kai was 10 he had to travel more and more. And when Kai turned 15 they both had to travel.

They didn't mean for their life to change this much. Although they really cared for their family, but they became so busy that going back to their old life was impossible. In the process Kai was neglected of their attention. It wasn't their intention, it just happened. Even if they wanted to stop or spend more time with their son they couldn't. The company depended on them.