Final

Red String

 

They hear it a lot. But it didn’t bother them. They pretend they didn’t hear it.

“Stop being so ninja!” One of the comment on the fan blog. They ignore all those said, and fan keep chanting until one of them confess.

“I’m going to be a father.”

*****

Jang Hyunseung – The Best Singer of the Year. 32 years old. 12 years experienced singer. He has a beautiful feature yet handsome face.

Yong Junhyung – 32 years old, 12 years experienced composer and rapper. Win The Best Composer Awards three times in a row.

They’re best friend. Before they decided to date and break up.

*****

A lot of fan love their collaboration. They said their voice match together. Even some of the fan suggested them to make a duo instead of collaboration.

They didn’t plan it. The company did. Their first meeting isn’t a pleasant memory. They almost kill each other. They meet 11 years ago. One year after their debut.

“You guys not really make hit, why don’t you guys collab.” The CEO of the company suggests. But as highly he think of himself, Junhyung refuse, saying that Hyunseung doesn’t have that charming appealing.

And as calm as he is, Hyunseung just give him a look. And smirk. That’s make Junhyung got mad and both strangle each other. Starting that day, they getting popular and success for their collaboration.

*****

Five years become best friend, both really know each other. Too well that it lead to an unexpected accident.

That night, Hyunseung were doing his routine. Dancing. Oh he loves to dance. But fate brings him to become a singer.

And Junhyung like it when Hyunseung were dancing. He loves the passion spreading out from Hyunseung. Bring him courage to continue whenever he wanted to give up.

And Hyunseung realize it. Junhyung like to stare. And it’s burning him inside.

That…when Hyunseung make a turn. Suddenly, Junhyung was behind him, capture him on the chin and press their lips together.

“The , Jun!” Hyunseung push the latter. Indeed he’s surprise.

“Be my lover.”

With that tone of demanding, Hyunseung nod.

****

They’re good in keeping their relationship. None of the reporters and their friend knows. Well maybe, few friends or…four of them. That was an accident. Junhyung let it slip out of his tongue when he saw a guy try to hit on Hyunseung.

Five years be love and loving. Junhyung admitted, Hyunseung are the best. No one could love him how Hyunseung does. Well, Hyunseung are popular as a 4D prince. He always on his own world every time he sits alone. But when it comes to Junhyung, he always makes him feels so important.

Everything were good. Too good. With no argument. No cheating. Junhyung start to wonder. Is it really love? He start to doubt. He start to compare his relation to Dongwoon and Kikwang. Oh, those guy…argue a lot. But in the end both of them will cuddle.

That is how Junhyung want.

He want them to argue. To coaxing each other, to…curse each other.

To Hyunseung,he love how their relationship go on. No argument, no fighting. He hate the commotion. He sees it on Kiwoon couple and he really tired of it.

He loves Junhyung. He really did. Nothing he could compare his love with.

And the fan loves them too.

‘Junseung’ He love that combination though its sound so girly but he love it.

****

Ten years doing collaboration, bring both of them to the top. They win awards together.  Their company really loves the money they brought in.

Until, one day, while both of them discussing their next project. Junhyung made songs for Hyunseung. But their CEO barge in with two person tailed them behind.

“Hyunseung –ah!” A guy with blond hair, a simple wife beater and tight jeans hold his hand up once he see Hyunseung.

Hyunseung stood up abruptly before pull the latter into a hug.

“Jiyong –ah! What’s up?”

That moment, Junhyung feel insecure.

*****

Junhyung wish he could take back what he wishes. He hate argues with Hyunseung. Period.

Yups, right now, it’s been three month, both of them stop talking. He hates the idea he is no longer Hyunseung composer.

Yes, you hear it right. And yes, you guess it right. Hyunseung will work with Jiyong. And he’ll working with a new bloom singer, Yang Yoseob, one of their bestfriend.

Right now, he’s sitting across Hyunseung and Jiyong table on a café. He and Yoseob taking a break after hours on the recording room. He keeps glaring at the couple while killing his food.

“Come on, Jun, you scare the out of me. Just go and drag him home and talk this over.” Yoseob said. Shaking his head.

*******

That  night he did drag Hyunseung home. Oh he wouldn’t care whether someone see him kidnapping his own boyfriend.

And yes, they did talk. Or more to argue.

“I’m tired of this useless argument.” Hyunseung said. Fighting the urge to rolled back his eyes.

“Come on, Jun. He just writing song for me.”

“You know how much fans like the gseung  couple.” Junhyung trying but unfortunately he’s whining.

“So? The truth is what matter, right?”

“I hate that.”

Hyunseung sighs. This is why he hates arguing. No one wants to lose.

“Junhyung, did you know, out there, there’s a lot of Junseob shipper? Did I ever make the fuss out of it?”

“Because we both know Yoseob and I are bestfriend. Your best friend.”

“Same goes to Jiyong.”

“He’s not my friend.”

Hyunseung plopped on the sofa. Sighing frustrated while massaging his temple.

“Jun, you make things so hard. Put out your jealousy can’t you? Jiyong and I have nothing more than best friend. He’s straight.”

They been in the silence moment quite some time before Junhyung sighs.

“I’m sick of it. How about, we stop all of this.”

“With ‘this’ you mean?”

“Everything.”

“This relationship?”

“Everything.”

“So, we’re break up?”

A nod and everything’s over.

Not long after their break up, Junhyung announce his relationship with a singer,Hara. Three month later, Hyunseung announce his marriage with Hyuna, a fan.

******

Two years passes. Both of them live their live as usual. Junhyung and Hara just held their wedding as Hara pregnant by 5 month.

Hunseung walk into the hall. As usual, the camera wouldn’t let him off.

“Why aren’t you come with your wife?” A reporter ask.

“She’s not feeling well.”

To be honest, Hyunseung only let Hyuna on public once, on their wedding. After that, Hyuna only a shadow. No one knows about her.

Anywhere he goes, it’s only him, alone. No accompany. It’s been speculation around. Some says Hyunseung is a jealous type.  Some says, he already divorce.

Junhyung, also wonder about it. None of their friend know why Hyunseung never show up with his wife.

*****

Four month after the wedding, Hyunseung nominated as The Best Singer (Netizen Choices). And he won it. That night were big commotion because that night, for the first time, he come with company. His twin.

When he welcome to given speech. He takes time.

“Thank you for choosing me. I never expecting to win again. By the way. For the first time, I’m introduce my families. Here, Jang Hyerim. And this little boy, Jang Hyunbin. These two angels are my twins.”

“…and” His voice begin too raspy. “As for my wife. I’m sorry but I can’t show her to you guys….because…because she’s dead two years ago.”

“…Hyuna-ah, thank you for these angels. I love you. Thank you.”

******

That night, Junhyung restless. He fidgeting on his bed. He indeed mad at Hyunseung. He thought, at least, they’re that close to share about this matter.

“Yeobo? Can’t sleep?” Hara blink her eyes. Rubbing her eyes softly.

“I-I’m just thinking.”

“..Of Hyunseung oppa?” Yups, she knows about their past. Oh, she’s a big fan of Junseung. She almost strangle on Junhyung when she knows what happen.

When Junhyung sighs, Hara pat on his arm.

“Talk to him. As a wife, I know I shouldn’t say this but as a shipper…You should win his heart back.”

Junhyung laugh out loud. Softly, he on Hara face before pull her into his arm.

“You know what? You’re the best wife ever.”

“I know.” She said, snuggle deeper on Junhyung arm.

*****

Hyunseung almost broke his phone. Almost.

It’s been thousand times he pick up the phone just to be ask the same question.

“Why are you hiding her death?”

He’s not hiding her death. He just…doesn’t want everyone to know. He yells out his frustration when he feels someone tugging on his pajama.

He looks down to see his little girl looking at him while her thumb. He picks her up before peck on her chubby cheek. Hyerim chuckles before pat on Hyunseung cheek.

“Papa, don’t mad.” She said and slowly, leans a peck on Hyunseung lips.

“I’m not mad. Princess has kiss Papa’s anger.”

She smiles again.

Suddenly, his doorbell ring. He sighs before walking to the front door. He twist the knob and suddenly Hara barge in.

“Whoa! Your baby girl is so cute!” Her approach making Hyunseung step back. Suddenly, he feels the urge to protect his daughter.

Seeing Hyunseung try to hide Hyerim behind his back, Hara pout.

“Oppa! I came here to see your twin! Let me see them!”

That point, Hyunseung snapped back to reality. He laughs nervously before put Hyerim down.

“Ah! I-I’m sorry. It just you…suddenly…”

He stopped when he see Hyerim hugged Hara tightly. The little girl suddenly cry out loud while snuggle deeper to Hara.

“Mommy…”

“Oooohhhh…don’t cry, mommy’s here.”

“Hara-ah, they’re not ours.”

Hyunseung look up and he feels like mentally slap himself. ‘How could I forget they’re married?’ He thought.

“It’s alright, after all they need a mother.” Hara having difficulty to pick up Hyerim. She asks her to show her room. She glances back to Junhyung.

“Talk to him.” She mouthed.

*****

“How did you find my house? I don’t remember inviting anyone here.” Hyunseung said after he put down two cans of soft drink.

They sit on a small coffee table at the small garden at the side of Hyunseung  house.

“Hara. She’s your stalker.”

“Is it?”

Junhyung nods before sipping his Cola. He turn to Hyunseung when he feels the deep stare the latter give him.

“What?”

“Why are you here?”

“She want me, I mean, us, to talk.”

“And…that is…?”

Junhyung sighs. Chuck down his Cola in one go before put it back on the table.

“She want us to be together.”

“Are you kidding me?! She want us to be together? Your wife? I mean…your wife?!” Hyunseung retort with a sign of mocking.

“Crazy, right? But as crazy as it sound, she did say that.”

When Hyunseung went silent, Junhyung continue to talk. Changing the topic.

“Why didn’t you tell me she’s dead?”

“So? What does that do to you?”

“So maybe I could do something before the wedding.”

“Like what? Cancel it?”

Junhyung shot his glance to Hyunseung. Clamping his lips tightly.

“Yes.”

“You. Are. Crazy. Both of you.” Hyunseung stood up abruptly. Shaking his head in distastes.

“She’s a shipper of Junseung.”

“There is no Junseung, Junhyung. Live with it. It’s over long time ago. You put an end to it.”

Junhyung stood up. Putting his hand into his back pocket while the other hand rub on his back head.

“I want you back. To be honest, I’m regretting all the word slips out on my tongue that day. It wasn’t what I intend to say.”

He approach Hyunseung, slowly pulling Hyunseung into a back hugged. Hyunseung shut his eyes. Blocking all the feeling that coming. He’s mad, sad, wanted Junhyung back. Everything mixed up. He fighting back the urge to hug back. To the point his tears rolling down his cheek.

Slowly, he loosen Junhyung hold.

“What’s done is done. I’m a father now and I need to protect my twins.”

“B-But”

“Live your live Junhyung, you going to be father soon. Let’s face the reality. This kind of relation won’t work. The world against us.”

*****

Junhyung stood there silently. His eyes swollen from crying too much. He never thought this day will come. Heck, he never expects it.

He wipe his tears when everyone patting his back. Junhyung look up when someone pull him into a hug. His best friend, Yoon Doojoon.

“Stay strong.” He whispers and that moment, Junhyung let everything out. His shoulder bounce as he cry.

Today is Hara’s funeral. She’s dead, Junhyung’s best girlfriend ever has left him. She was fall off stairs and loss amount of blood. Luckily, their baby is alright.

******

Junhyung feels angry. He huffed in frustration.

“Gosh! Please shut up!!” He yelled. He feels so tired. Since the morning, his baby crying. He doesn’t know what to do. No one he could think can help him.

Not even Doojoon who right now cradle his baby.

“He just a baby, Jun.”

“Please do something, anything! Just make him shut up!” He slammed the glass he uses to drink. Then he storm to the long couch.  Massaging his temple.  And sighing. He hide his face under his arm. He’s tired. Since Hara died two weeks ago, Junhyung can’t handle everything by himself. He often ask Doojoon to come over, to take care of his baby.

His house is a mess. If not Doojoon constantly nagging on throwing the rubbish, it could be a party for mice. And he gives up. Giving up to be a good father of Yong JunHa.

“Don’t you have friend that have baby?”

Junhyung rolled his eyes. “If I have one, I wouldn’t ask you to help.”

Doojoon tch –ing, tapping his chin while cradle Junha.

“I know! Kikwangie! He used to babysit…what’s the baby name again?”

“He’s on his honeymoon.” Junhyung answer nonchalantly.

“Right. I’m forgot that. Well…Ah! Junhyung, I need to go now.”

Doojoon passed Junha to Junhyung who right now staring at him with his pleading eyes.

“Doojoon.” He whines.

“Seriously, I need to go. You going to be alright. Just pat him. when he’s tired, he’ll sleep.”

With that, Doojoon run out.

Junhyung look back at Junha. Sighing as Junha cried louder. He bite his lower lips. Thinking what he should do when suddenly, his door ring.

He hurried to the door and swing open.

“Thank god you’re coming b- Hyunseung!”

They stare each other before Hyunseung reach out for Junha. He put him on his chest, patting slowly on the baby back before look back to Junhyung.

“Aren’t you inviting us in?”

“Ah! Yeah! Please come in.”

Hyunseung look at his twins. “What should we say?”

“I’m coming in. thank you for your convenient.” The twin bow before walk in with Hyunseung.

He couldn’t help but cringe as he hear loud gasped from the three of them. Hyunseung turn on his heel. Staring at Junhyung with question look.

“Things get busy. You know.”

Hyunseung shook his head before turn on the baby on his arm.

“How long he’s been like this?”

“Since morning…?”

“Oh my god! Jun, you’re terrible dad ever!” With that, Hyunseung hurried put Junha on the couch. Examine him thoroughly.

“Have check his temperature?”

Shake head.

“Have you feed him?”

Shake head.

“What the…now, I want you to clean the house while I’m feeding him.”

^^^^^^^^

Junhyung really grateful. Grateful Hyunseung were here. It’s been a year since that incident happen. Hyunseung always come over to look on Junha doing.  He bring the twins along, of course.

Since Junhyung think it’s more convenient, he ask Hyunseung to sleep over. And Hyunseung did sleep over most of the time. He almost move in if he didn’t think about their past.

Right now, Junhyung can’t help but staring at the four persons in front him. Hyunseung, the twins and Junha. All of them, sleep soundly on the floor after playing with each other.

“If I don’t know you guys, I’ll say, you guys a married couple. They look alike somehow.” Suddenly, Dongwoon said. yups, all of them having dinner together.

“Ask him out again. He might say yes.” This time Kikwang said while walking over his husband.

“If he’s not stubborn as mule, I would’ve said it.”

******

They walk together as one family to the nearest hypermarket. The kids happily running around. Laughing so giddily. Reach out whatever they can reach.

After hours of spending, they went home. The children sleep soundly and Junhyung put them into their room.

After helping each other with the groceries, they went into the main bedroom. Switch on the television. Right on time, the ‘Rumors Star’ on the air.

^^^^^

MC : So, we heard that Hyunseung –goon have move next to your house. Is it true?”

JH: *Laugh* You guys…well, yes he did.

HS: I need to be there for Junha. Junhyung is a hopeless dad. *laugh*.

MC: So it is true that you guys are forever best friend?

HS: *Nods* I would say, our relation is special. It’s hard to say it.

MC: You make it sound so suspicious.

JH & HS laugh

JH: Well…if you say so.

MC: So, You guys are bestfriend with Kiwoon couple is it?

JH&HS nods. Looking at each other.

MC: Did they really married? Ah! Did you guys also in that kind of relationship?

JH : *smirk* They didn’t say anything, so it is not ours to say it. And about us. Hyunseungie, what about us? *smile teasingly*

HS: I’m his husband. *laugh*. No, we’re really best friend.

MC: is that so? Alright! Viewers! That’s all for today! If you guys got anything to proof about celebrity rumors, don’t hesitate to email us. Thank you Junhyung-goon, Hyunseung-goon. I hope yours friendship will last forever.

JH&HS: Why yes, thank you.

^^^^^^

They look at each other. Slowly, leans in and plant kisses on each other lips.

“Two years but the rumors only start now…”

‘If the world knows…’ Junhyung thought.

^^^^^^

*Two Years Ago*

“If he’s not stubborn as mule, I would’ve said it.”

Suddenly, Hyunseung shot open his eyes. Sit up before get on his heel. He stomps towards Junhyung before pinned him into the wall. He trapped Junhyung between his hands.

“Now, say it!” He yelled. Earning whisper-like cheers from others.

“W-What?”

“You said if I’m not stubborn you’ll say it, now say it!”

Junhyung gulps down his saliva.

“I-I love you.”

Hyunseung grit his teeth. “Not that, Pabo!”

“T-Then?”

Hyunseung narrowing his eyes. Before crashing their lips together. at Junhyung bottom lips, asking for some entrance.

“I want to be your husband.”Hyunseung said between the kiss.

“A-Alright. Please be mine alone.”

Hyunseung smiles. “That sounds better.”

They shared another kiss before pull back. “If you promise to stop being a stupid bastard.”

“I’m promise.”

“I think we better go home. I don’t want to watch live .” Doojoon said before pulling Yoseob and the Kiwoon couple out.