Chapter 3

My English Teacher (Hiatus)
"Miss Lee... What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Why? Don't you miss me?" She pouted. Everyone in the class made a disgusted face. "Well Miss Kim is having a 10 day break so the Principal told me to cover this class. Sit down girls." She smiled. We obeyed and sat in our seats.

Why did Miss Kim take a 10 day break when she just joined the school? She was fine yesterday... I looked at Jessica. She was sleeping again! Now I had no one to speak to...

At lunch time I decided to leave the school to get lunch. Honestly, it was just because the air was refreshing. I went to the nearest cafe.

"What would you like miss?" The waitress asked.

"A croissant and a coffee please." I told her. She jotted down notes while nodding and then she left. I sighed. I got a sugar packet and shook it. I felt stressed for some reason. This morning I was so happy but now I'm in a bad mood.

My food came after a while and I poured the sugar into the coffee. It was lunch time, yet it felt like I was eating breakfast. I'd obviously get hungry after this. I took a sip of my coffee. Delicious. I my lips and stirred the coffee.

"Please. I'm in a rush." A lady said behind me. I turned around. There was a woman standing at the entrance, begging the guard for something.

"I'm sorry ma'am but the cafe is full. Please wait for a moment or go to a different place." The guard blocked her. It was too bright so I couldn't get a clear view of the lady but I felt sorry for her anyway. I turned back to my table and stuffed the croissant into my mouth. I picked up the coffee and walked to the entrance.

"There's one free space now, she can take the seat." I told the guard. He looked back and nodded. I smiled and left, without looking at the lady. But her figure looked oddly familiar.

"Thank you!" She shouted at me and I put up my hand to say 'no problem'. I didn't look back and carried on walking. Hang on... Small, long blonde hair, sweet voice. I turned around.

"Miss Kim!" I shouted. She looked back. I ran towards her. "Miss!" I yelled joyfully.

"T-Tippany?" She asked, shocked. I nodded vigorously.

"We're both taking the same booth." I told the guard and he let us both in. We walked back to the seat I was sitting at earlier.

"Tippany, why are you out here?" She asked me.

"I came here for lunch." I told her.

"What did you order?" She wondered.

"A croissant and a coffee."

"What? You'll get hungry. Excuse me waitress. Can we have 2 cheesecakes and 10 egg tarts please!" She told the waitress. "Eat more Ppany." She shouted at me.

I nodded. "Miss I'll pay for the food. You paid for mine yesterday." I said to her but she declined the offer.

"I told you I work! You can repay me when you get the money. That's final." She didn't let me speak. "And please stop calling me Miss, it sounds strange when we're at a cafe. Call me Taeyeon." She offered.

"Erm... Okay Taeyeon." I said and she smiled. I felt happy to see that smile. "It's going to be hard to call you Miss Kim at school now that I'm calling you Taeyeon." I joked but I think she took it seriously because she flinched and forced a smile. "Oh by the way... Why aren't you teaching today?" I asked.

"Ladies your food is here." The waitress put the food down and left. I looked back at Taeyeon.

"I'm really busy today Tippany." She said seriously. "I'll talk to you some other day. I'll see you at school in 10 days." She wrapped her cheesecake and 5 egg tarts and put them in her bag. Then she took out a £10 note and put it on the table. "See you." She stood up and walked off.

I ate my cheesecake and 1 egg tart. I wrapped the rest and put it in my bag. My friends would love the food.

I arrived in school. Lunch still didn't end, there was 10 minutes left. I went up to my friends. "Jessi, Sunny, Sooyoung, Yoong!" I screamed once I saw them. They looked at me and waved. I sat next to Jessica and they smiled at me. "I have 4 egg tarts for you guys." I took the bag out and put it on the table. I could see all of their eye's light up. They all grabbed the bag at the same time and screamed 'Mine! Mine!' I laughed at my super childish friends.

Although I was laughing, something was still bothering me. Taeyeon said we could talk another day but she didn't leave any contact details.

10 days later

I woke up happily and skipped to school with my friends. Does anyone know why I'm so happy? Taeyeon's coming back! Yay. I pulled Jessica to come to class quickly. I opened the door, smiling widely. But once the door opened more, I realised who the teacher was. It was still Miss Lee.

Jessica could see my disappointed face. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I shook my head. "Just surprised." She nodded but I knew she wasn't convinced.

"Oh you guys are early." Miss Lee smiled. There was nobody else in the classroom.

"Jessi can you get me some water please." I said and she yawned loudly but she went anyway. I made sure she closed the door. "Miss," I whispered. She looked at me with a questioning look. "Do you know where Miss Kim is?" I wondered.

"No I don't. She called in today to take another 10 days off but she won't tell us the reason why." Miss Lee sighed.

"Oh.. Well do you know any numbers that you could contact her with?" I asked.

"Yes, we have her house phone but she never picks up. Why?" Miss Lee told me.

"I just wanted to ask her for help on my homework." I lied.

"Well you could ask me." Miss Lee smiled.

"No um... My homework is to find out information about Miss Kim. Please, can I have her number." I begged.

"Sorry Tiffany but that is confidential. You are a student and she is a teacher. I can only give her your number if you have her permission." She gave me an apologetic look.

"Please... Just this once." I tried to persuade her but she didn't back down.

"I'm sorry Tiffany."

"Can I just make a call using your phone then?" I asked. She thought for a moment. "I can't steal the number, please!"

"Fine. Just one call." She gave me her phone hesitantly. I snatched the phone and scrolled to Taeyeon.

I quickly called the number but it went to voicemail. 'I'm sorry but this number is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep~'

"Hi Taeyeon. It's Tiffany. We really need to talk. Plesse contact me. My number is 12345678910. Call me." I said and hung up. "Thanks miss." I gave her back the phone and left the room. Jessica was standing right outside the door with a bottle of water.

"Why do you need to talk to Miss Kim so urgently that you have to lie?" She asked me.

"Erm... I know her and I was just worried." I scratched my head.

"I don't really care about the reason but please... Don't fall for her. She's a teacher. She'll get fired and you'll get expelled if you date. So don't start falling for her." She told me worriedly. I nodded.

"Haha! How could I fall for a teacher?" I laughed. She smiled and we both walked to anywhere. I sighed inwardly. Why was I so worried for Taeyeon? We're not even friends. I get so happy to see her. Was I falling for her? I really hope not! I can't do that. It will only hurt me and her. I need to stop seeing her.