Love is not in my list of vocabulary.

L.O.V.E

1/1 -

"I fell for you, literally."
Love is not in my list of vocabulary.

 

Yoona stretched her arms while yawning, inhaling all the oxygen around her as much as she could, blinking a few times as she does so to get rid of the feeling of sleepiness. She checked her wristwatch that was given by her best friend, a small, slim pinkish and sparkly watch -- obviously expensive. She groaned as she saw the slow ticking of it, telling her it was only 5PM. "two more hours to go." she mumbled under her breath. Jessica, the best friend was already sleeping  soundly beside her, jessica's head leaning on the counter table. "Sica yah." Yoona nudged the sleeping princess, but instead of waking up, Jessica led out a loud snore which made Yoona chuckle in amusement. She decided to let Jessica sleep.

She looked around the noiseless hall, everyone was either reading or sleeping or dating. She sighed deeply as she saw Lee Donghae, her crush since, forever... Of course they were only friends, she was never the type to go out with anybody. She went out a few times with Kim Ki Bum, but that was it-- no feelings whatsoever. It wasn't that Ki Bum wasn't charming or attractive, because damn, he was. But Yoona had set her eyes on Donghae ever since they walked in the rain together on the last day of school.

She was waiting for her mother, who seemed to be late on that day. She was getting worried, because her mother was never late. "Maybe she had an emergency." she nodded to herself. She looked around and no one was there. She gave up on waiting and decided to take her leave. She took her schoolbag and hung it around one of her arms, looking around, hoping maybe she would remember which way her house was. Before taking a step, she heard footsteps and a cough. She turned around to see Lee Donghae, holding his black vest, fixing his tie and holding on to his bicycle on the other hand. He looked up, obviously shocked to see Yoona around that hour. It was already almost 7PM.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, and Yoona widened her eyes in shock, it was the first time she had heard his voice. Perfectly calm, and he had a deep muscular voice to match his face. She somehow liked it. "Yoona?" He asked again, this time, she was shocked again because she would have never even imagined someone like him would know her name. Of course she would know  his, he was one of the top students in Korea. "-- do you understand Korean?" Donghae asked again, this time he almost gave up, inches away from the thought of just walking away from the girl who was standing stoned in a corner, eyes and mouth widened. 

Yoona took her courage to speak; "It's a public school. So, i think I have the right to be here?" she said, her voice uncertain and shaky. 

Donghae could only say "Ah," while nodding, he nodded his head and decided to just leave.

"M-my mom is not here yet." She finally voiced, turning around to him. "She's not here yet and I'm worried because she's never late and this is the first time and I'm scared because I don't know the way home I've never been good with roads and circly stuff and directions the only direction I know is one direction i'm not even good with GPS i'm scared it might just be a haunted device that the aliens created so that humans one by one go to them and kidnap us---"

"Yoona." Donghae cut her off, his arms on her shoulder, his head leaning on the shorter. "Inhale." He chuckled. "You were speaking so fast I couldn't understand what any of those words mean." Yoona laughed along with him, and for about a minute both of them were laughing so much that they had to clutch on their aching stomaches and wiping their tears. "You're weird." he said, and your laugh, he pointed towards her wide-opened mouth. "Alligator Yoong." 

That was the first time someone called her that, and for a few years, the nickname was stuck on her everywhere she goes.

Donghae took his blazer and wrapped it around her; "Wear this." he said, noticing her shirt getting wet. "Want a ride? It's not a BMW or anything but I think it's kind of cool." He looked at his sad and pathetic bicycle that creaked everytime the wheel moved an inch. "Okay.... It's kind of sad, but ignore that, okay?" He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"I think it's a cool ride." Yoona nodded, laughing. 

"Well, welcome in then, Alligator Yoong~"

Donghae offered Yoona to sit at the back of his bicycle that day. The rain fell on their bodies, drip drip dripping from the atmosphere. Her arms s around his waist in order to keep her balance, making she she doesn't fall. Her hair swiftly blown by the wind. For a moment there, it was magical. His heart started to beat fast. Hers were already pumping out of her chest. This wasn't normal, and both of them knew. But the moment ended, her skirt got stuck at the wheel, and Donghae lost his balance, making them fall flat on the road, although both of them injured themselves, they both laughed hard. Donghae's knee was bleeding, and Yoona's forehead was bleeding as well. But they didn't mind it one single bit, it was as if they were immune to their own pain, because everything had felt,-- sort of--- right.

They sat on the side of the road for a while, where the bus stop was. Donghae had to limp to get there, but with the help of Yoona, it was possible. His bike was ruined, and yoona kept on repeating her apologies like a broken record but Donghae insisted that it was an old bike and he was planning to throw it anyway. "I named that stupid thing 'Mike', and I don't even know why. My best friend Jaejoong bought it for me, well actually he stole it." Donghae laughed. "He and I are so different. I was a friendless loser, a nerd, and he was mischievous and fun."

"Ahh." Yoona nodded, "Jaejoong oppa is very fun to be around with." Yoona agreed. "But I don't think you're a loser at all."

"You two know each other?"

"Yes, we're very close." Yoona nodded.

"Yoona sshi?" Donghae leaned his head head to look at her, uncertain on whether or not he should continue with his question.

"Hmm?" Yoona smiled smiled.

"We've never talked before, but how come you know my name? And how come you're so nice to me?"

"I don't know. I've seen you around the school library a couple of times. You're really cute and you're funny."

"That-- doesn't really answer the question but thanks." Donghae laughed again, feeling pretty good about himself.

"That is only because the answer isn't really.... nevermind."

"Yah-- tell me." 

"Tell you what?"

"Your answer."

Yoona just kept quiet.

Yoona took off her school tie and wrapped it around his knee. "-- that-- was to um, to stop the bleeding." The bus came soon enough and they took the empty seats behind, their silence made them feel awkward. 

"Can you tell me your answer?" Donghae asked again.

Yoona sighed; "because I think I like you."

"Oh." Donghae said, obviously shocked by the sudden confession that was made by one of the most -- if not the prettiest-- girls in school. 

"Yeah... oh..." Yoona shrugged, imitating him. "But, it's nothing." she smiled. "You don't have to like me back, i'm just saying."

"It's unfair." Donghae said, his mouth curved a frown.

"What is?" 

"My knee stopped bleeding, and I have you to thank for that, but what about your forehead?" 

"It's fine."

"No, it's not."

"it is."

"stop being stubborn."

"Donghae--"

Donghae stood up from his seat, dabbing a wet napkin on her forehead, and placed a bandaid on the injured spot, then kissed her forehead.

----------------

"EARTH, EARTH TO IM YOONA." Jessica said loudly.

Yoona snapped out of her flashback, and smiled at the hyper and energetic Jessica. "Jessi~ You're awake?"

"Ugh, since like, 10 minutes ago. You were daydreaming, little miss alligator." Jessica poked her best friend's cheek. 

"Don't call me that anymore." Yoona groaned, "It's a high school nightmare."

"You know what's a high school nightmare? My haircut during 7th grade, i mean, what was that, really? No wonder Jaejoong didn't even bat an eyelash during those days."

"Well-- you two were high school sweethearts, you got him now, you should be happy for that, at least." Yoona nodded her head, patting Jessica's head like a small puppy. "But yes, what were you thinking when you decided to chop your head off?"

"I was trying to have a stylish bob hairstyle okay?" Jessica groaned. "Whatever-- lesson learnt." Jessica giggled. "Soooooooooooo" she tuned, "What were you thinking about, you weren't thinking about me, were you, because that would be sweet, but also creepy, i mean, come on, yoona, i'm dating someone."

"Yah, stop flattering yourself." Yoona laughed. "I wasn't thinking of anyone."

"By anyone you meant Donghae?" Jessica smirked, obviously noticing a hint of blush on Yoona's cheek when she mentioned the "D" word.

"E-eh?"

"You love him."

"Love?"

"Yes, L.O.V.E"

"Love is not in my list of vocabulary, Sica.

"You still like him."

"He doesn't like me back."

"Soooooo?"

"So, end of story." Yoona went out of the counter and went to one of the bookcases, Jessica following her like an excited puppy. 

"NAW, poo, that's such bullcrap, Yoona, the story hasn't even started yet." Jessica pouted, folding her arms. "There he is, Yoona" Jessica nudged her bony elbow, "He's there, pretending not to see you." she whispered. "Go and talk to him."

"What? No." Yoona said, rearranging the books, glancing towards Donghae. Their eyes caught each other for a moment, but then he looked away, back towards his book.

"Go, please?"

"Why?" 

"I want to see you happy."

"I am happy."

"Liar. You have to at least try to make yourself be happy?"

"Ugh, fine."

"GOOOOOOOOOOO , NOWWW." 

"STOP PRESSURING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Yoona shouted in Jessica's ear, which made her laugh.

Yoona walked slowly towards the shy boy, both of them not knowing what to say or how to react. Ever since high school, they didn't really talk to each other. Things started to become awkward, and there was nothing really to talk about. "Hi." was all that she was able to say.

"Hey."

-----------------

They walked together outside for some fresh air. He wasn't so different from when he was in high school, still quiet as always, still nice as always.

"Friends again?" he tried to smile.

-------------

"They're stupid." Jessica whined, looking at Donghae and Yoona, who were walking together outside. Jaejoong who was there, nodded in agreement. "They obviously like each other."

"They are," Jaejoong said, slurping on his drink.

"YAH PABO." she smacked his head.

"aigoo what's your problem!?!" He almost shrieked.

"No drinks or food in the library, you poop." she said, snatching away his drink.

"But i'm huuungrryyyyy." Jaejoong whined, pulling Jessica's arm.

"Dont be such a kid." she spat back, her eyes glued on Donghae and Yoona. "Our best friends are stupid, and all you care about is food?"

"Food is important." Jaejoong sternly said, "It brings people together." He nodded.

"OH... MY... GOD..." Jessica said in shock.

"What-- are you going to smack my head again?" He covered his head, nervous.

"No, not at all." Jessica hugged her boyfriend as tight as she could, then rewarding him with a small peck on the lips. "Thank you, thank you baby thank you!" she said excitedly.

-----------------------------------

"You've got... to be kidding me." Yoona rolled her eyes. "No way." she looked over towards the building right in front of her, a fancy french restaurant which was Jessica's favourite.

"They set us up, didn't they?" Donghae smirked, his famous smile crept perfectly, showing a his curved lips that Yoona adored so much. 

"We don't have to go through this."

"But we can." Donghae smiled, taking Yoona's hand and held it tightly. Yoona looked a little shocked but she went on through with it with a smile on her face. "Oh, and you look really pretty tonight."

The night was magical, it was unexpected, but it was still magical. The more they talked, the more they seemed to fall for each other, with every word they say, with every breath they take. They didn't want it to end. Donghae smiled at her laughs, it was still as it was before, loud, and embarrassing. They ate well, too, and soon enough, it was time to part. The dinner was anonymously paid already (BY JAEJOONG, jessica forced him to pay), and they went out of the restaurant and found a little tiny bicycle.

"Mike." Donghae said. 

"Your old bicycle?"

Donghae nodded. "I can recognize this bike anywhere, Yoona. This is mike." Donghae went over to his bike, smiling like a little boy.

"Maybe Jaejoong fixed it." Yoona smiled.

"I think so, he knew how important it was to me, it was the bike that caused me to fall for you... literally." He chuckled.

"Excuse me?" Yoona asked, surprised by his words.

He went towards her, holding both her arms, going nearer and nearer till there was no space between them.

"When..." Yoona said, nervous by the sudden contact made by Donghae. "When I confessed to you, you didn't seem to like me back."

"I was nervous."

"Why?"

"Because, do you know the difference between you and me, Yoona?"

She shrugged her shoulders, waiting for his answer with a nervous heart.

"You like me, and I love you."

He leaned in closer for a small kiss, sweet and short, caressing her cheeks softly. 

"I love you too." was all she said, knowing that nothing else was needed to be said because she knew he understood it perfectly.