Chanyeol's story

Exo and K-pop drabble collection~

“Merry Christmas!” everybody said and toasted. My sister was talking something with her boyfriend, but I was standing by the window, watching the snow fall.

“Why didn’t you bring her?” I jumped in surprise when mum whispered in my ear.

“What? Who?” She just laughed at my confusion.

“Come on, I know you have a secret lover. Why didn’t you bring her here tonight like your sister did?”

“I don’t know… I didn’t know if I could… besides, her parents are like in another continent and I don’t know if they’ll like this…”

“Moreover you should have invited her here. She’s alone on Christmas day. Probably she’s already crying for home. A person who could make you shine and smile like that is surely special. And no, I’m not talking about your usual way of stupidly smiling over nothing. She makes your eyes sparkle.” Mum took my glass and put it on the table. “Now go, tell her to take some clothes because she’ll be spending the night here with us. It’s not ok to be home alone on Christmas day.” She pushed me toward the front door.

I, again, began smiling. I kissed her cheek and thanked her and, after taking my coat, I sprinted outside. She was right. I was an for letting her stay alone.

In about fifteen minutes I was at her apartment. I rang the doorbell and she answered with a shocked face, but her eyes and cheeks were red. Mum was always right. I just hugged her. It didn’t matter that I was cold and covered with snow and she was in pants and t-shirt. She hugged me back.

“Why aren’t you with your parents?” She said after we entered.

“Mum sent me to bring you to stay with us overnight. She said that nobody should be alone on Christmas.”

“That’s just… sweet… but how could I come there, without any present, without anything…”

“It doesn’t matter as long as you make my eyes shine.” And I kissed her forehead tenderly. “Message from mum.” And we both smiled as she went back and dressed in a pretty dress to come and celebrate with us.