Home

First Comes Marriage

It's been a while since he'd been home. Has it been a month since he started traveling in most of Asia to check regional sites of his company? No, it has been over a month and he misses home terribly.

The smell of breakfast in the morning, homemade coffee, the comfortable sofa and he misses the way his wife would pull the comforter all to herself when asleep. He's irritated by that by the way! But in a weird way, he misses it and yearns for it even. Most of all, he misses his wife.

"Mr. Jung! Mr. Jung!"

Jung Yong Hwa turned to the man calling him. "Mr. Maurer, did I forget something in the office?"

"Yes!" Mr. Maurer exclaimed albeit a little bit short of breath from running after Yong Hwa. "Your bag." He continued as he handed the bag to Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa smiled and bowed in gratitude to Mr. Maurer. "Thank you!" The bag contains important files and reports he needs to submit to his boss. "I was in a hurry, I forgot. Thank you, Mr. Maurer."

"I know you're in a hurry to your wife." Mr. Maurer smiled teasingly. "You never stopped talking about her."

Yong Hwa sheepishly nodded his head with a smile.

"Better check-in now." Mr. Maurer patted Yong Hwa's shoulder. "Your wife must be waiting for you in the airport."

"She's busy with work so..." Yong Hwa trailed off. The last time he spoke with his wife, she mentioned that she'll be at school when he arrives in Korea. "I better get inside the airport now."

"Bring your wife the next time you visit Thailand. I'll tour you two around." Mr. Maurer offered as he shook Yong Hwa's hand.

"I would like that. See you in the future and everyone else in the company. Thank you again, Mr. Maurer." With a smile, Yong Hwa bowed again before entering the airport.

***

The flight back to Korea was smooth and uneventful. He read most of the time while listening to music. But the truth is, his thoughts were filled of the things he would do once he steps back in his beloved country. That is to give his wife a bear hug when she arrives home. Then he would bug her to sleep early because he's not used to sleeping alone now since he they got married.

She would laugh at him if she learns that he can't sleep properly without her by his side. She would mercilessly because he once said after they got married that he would never be used to having someone beside him while sleeping.

Yong Hwa sighed as he impatiently waits for his luggage while tapping his foot. It feels like he has been waiting for eternity. He's tired and a little bit grumpy.

By the time he saw his luggage, a scowl was already on his face. His luggage took longer than the usual and a bratty kid besides him kept on complaining and whining to his parents. It was irritating to say the least. Oh how he wanted to be home right now.

Yong Hwa briskly walked to the exit, but suddenly stopped when he saw the woman he misses so much standing near the exit while carrying a sign that says Welcome back, Bolmae Jung!

A smile quickly brightened his face. The tired and irritated feeling suddenly vanished. It was replaced by gladness and excitement. Not more than twenty steps and he'll be able to hug his wife. 

Yong Hwa cooly walked towards his wife. "Park Shin Hye, I thought you'd be in school?"

"Yah!" Shin Hye slapped Yong Hwa's arm. "Stop acting cool. Aren't you glad to see me? My students even made this sign for you."

Yong Hwa rubbed his arm as he shook his head impishly. 

Shin Hye pouted while looking annoyed then Yong Hwa burst into laughter. He pinched her cheek before enveloping her into a hug.

"I'm not just glad. I'm ecstatic you're here." He tightened his arm around her as he snuggled closer. The smell of her hair flooded his nostril. He'd never get tired with the smell of her hair or the warmth he feels everytime she's near.

"Welcome home." Shin Hye whispered as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'm home." Yong Hwa felt so content uttering those words. Home is wherever his wife is. 

 

AN: Sorry for any error lol. I'll try to upload the cover picture (is that what it's called?) in the foreword tomorrow.