Final

Getting My Father's Approval

 

"Stop worrying Chanyeol, of course my parents will like you," you said to the tall boy who was tightly holding your hand. "What if they don't like me Hee Young, you'll leave me,"  Chanyeol said. You shook your head and cupped his face with your small hands  and made him look into your, "I won't, I could never leave you," you replied. He smiled his usual happy smile and nodded, "Okay." You smiled and pecked his lip, before knocking on the door to your house.

   It didn't take long for your mother to open the door, she pulled you into a tight hug, "Oh Hee Young, your finally home!" she said. You smiled and hugged her back, "I missed you umma," you said. She pulled away from the embrace but then your two little sisters came running to hug you. "Unnie your home!" you 16 year old sister Sujin said. "We missed you," the eight year old, Soo Min, added. You hugged both of them tightly.

   After all the welcome hugs you received from your family, you took Chanyeol's hand. "Unnie, who is this?" you youngest sister asked as she looked up at the tall guy besides you. "Everyone, this is my boyfriend," you said with a bright smile. Chanyeol offered a small smile before bowing and introducing himself, "Annyeonghaseyo I'm Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you," he said shakily. You gave his hand a squeeze to reassure him. "Oh Hee Young, he's so charming," your mother said. You smiled, you knew your mother would love Chanyeol, however, your father, he would be harder to impress. "And he's so cute!" Sujin said out loud. You glared at your 16 year old sister, "Yah! You better not try to steal my boyfriend," you said. She just smiled and pushed you aside, "So oppa, do you have any friend as cute as you?" she asked using her aegyo. You rolled your eyes and pushed her aside lightly. You could tell your boyfriend was no longer nervous, that would change as soon as he met you father.

   You all walked inside the big house, there he was, your strict, overprotective father. You ran to him and gave him and tight hug, which he returned. "Appa! I missed you so much!" you said. He smiled and hugged you back, "I missed you too." You smiled and looked at him, you knew your father would be hard on Chanyeol, but only because he never wanted to see you hurt. He wasn't just overprotective of you, he was overprotective of all three of his daughters, including you, who was already old enough to take care of herself.

   "Appa, this is my boyfriend, Park Chanyeol. He's been really kind to me, he hasn't made me cry, and he's treated me perfectly," you said. Chanyeol introduced himself to your father, you could tell he was terrified at this moment. Your father can be intimidating. "So, are you in love with my beautiful daughter?" your father asked. "Appa, please don't question him too much," you quickly said.

   "I really do love Hee Young," Chanyeol said, answering your fathers question. Your father gave a nod, still looking straight at Chanyeol. "Well I hope your taking good care of my little girl," he said. Chanyeol nodded, "I try my best sir, and I'll always be there for Hee Young," he replied.  

   Everyone eventually went to the kitchen and ate. Your mother and sisters had so many questions for Chanyeol, he answered each of them carefully and confidently. You were surprised that your father was staying quiet, not even asking one single question. Maybe he had already realized that Chanyeol was a great guy, handsome, smart, funny, adorable. What more could your father want for you?

   After dinner, you helped your mother wash the dishes. Chanyeol was also there, helping. "Chanyeol, mind if we have a talk?" you father asked from behind. You grabbed your boyfriends hand, "Appa, please don't," you begged. "I'll be fine Hee Young, I love you," Chanyeol whispered to you. You smiled a bit and pecked his lips. "Okay." With that, your father and Chanyeol left the kitchen to go talk somewhere else.

   You paced back and forth nervously, wondering what kind of questions your father was asking Chanyeol. You  were the one who was scared of being dumped now. Your last two boyfriends had both left you after meeting your father, you hoped and prayed it would be different with Chanyeol.

   After a long time, you could no longer wait. You ran into your dad office, no bothering to knock. You were surprised to find your father and Chanyeol laughing. "Is everything okay in here?" you asked as you walked in. You father nodded, "I approve of this young man. He's everything I want for my daughter," he said as he hugged you. You looked up at him and smiled, "Really appa? you asked. He nodded, "I'll leave you two alone. I think Chanyeol has something important to tell you," your father said before leaving the office.

   Once your father was gone, you hugged Chanyeol tightly. "You did it oppa!" you said before wrapping your arms around his neck and kissing him passionately. He kissed you back as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

   You two pulled away after a while, "I love you oppa," you whispered. He smiled, "I love you too Hee Young, and now that I have your parents approval, I have one thing to ask you," Chanyeol pulled a small box from him pocket and got down on one knee, "Will you make me the happiest guy in this universe and marry me?" he asked. You felt tears of happiness building up in your eyes. "Chanyeol, of course I'll marry you!" you said. He stood up and picked you up, hugging you tightly.

   After he put you down, he slid the ring into your finger. You smiled and marveled at it's beauty. "My father actually said yes?" you asked. Chanyeol smiled and nodded, "Yup, and now your mines, forever and ever," he said as he pressed his lips against yours.

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry if there's any mistakes but I didn't have time to edit.