Chapter 1

☁Diary of a video gamer: Life in The Darkness☁

The rain poured down hard and beat mercilessly against the windows. Lightning painted the sky with flashes of white as thunder boomed and vicious wind shook the trees furiously.

“They’re coming! Run faster!” She shrieked.

He quickened his pace in an attempt to catch up with the others but an ominous figure lurked in the shadows, pouncing upon him as he passed by.

He struggled and flailed in an attempt to escape from the flesh ripping claws slowly digging their way through his layers of skin. His blood gushed out thick and scarlet, spreading out in a deep pool around him as his body went limp and others surrounded him much like his attacker, with long claws, mottled skin, and morphed limbs and skin oozing puss, they began their feast on his poor unfortunate soul.

She gapped in horror.

“T.O.P NO!”  

Then the screen suddenly flickered to black as the lamp beside her shut off, followed by her Xbox.

“What the heck?!” Dara yelled in frustration. She furiously jabbed at the buttons on the white controller then sprung up and began rapidly pressing the Xbox’s power button to no avail. Dara scrambled around flicking light switches around the house, refusing to believe this just happened to her.

Then she slumped down to the floor in defeat finally ready to accept the power outage.

“But I didn’t get to saaaave!” She whined before throwing a mini tantrum on the floor.

‘Maybe I’ll just go to sleep and play the game in the morning if the power is back on’. Dara thought.

‘Or I could stay up all night playing New Leaf on my DS… yes. That sounds like a brilliant idea. Sandara Park you really are a genius’.

And so she did just that.

 

------------

 

The last thing Dara expected to wake up to was most certainly the loud banging of pots and pans in her kitchen and the hissing of her cat. Immediately she leaped from bed and ran to her weapons. She had the choice of using either her replica Keyblade or her replica of the Master Sword. Dara decided on the Master sword and carefully crept down her carpet stairs and peeked over the banister. Her cat, Dadoong, hissed and meowed at the intruders in the kitchen.

In what Dara believed to be a rather stealthy manner, she crept closer to the kitchen whilst hiding behind furniture and walls, sword in hand ready to strike. She carefully peeked around the kitchen wall to see five rather handsome men messing around in her kitchen. Dara couldn’t help but feel that they looked strangely familiar. She was a bit transfixed by their looks.

Alright so “a bit” is quite the understatement. Dara was extremely transfixed to the point that the Master Sword in her hand slipped from her grip without her noticed and crashed upon the floor causing quite the clatter that shocked them all. The five males looked over at her and Dara panicked, picked up the sword, and charged in swinging it around in an attempt to hit as many people as possible. She never was good in situations like this.

They effortlessly dodged her wild flailing while the rather chinky blonde-haired man grabbed a kitchen knife, grabbed her, and held it up to .

Dara immediately stopped moving.

A man with panda eyes studied her face then looked over at a picture of her hanging on the wall.

“This must be who lives here.” He said.

“Aright then let her go Daesung.” Said the man with the odd Davy Crockett style fur hat.

“But GD, she came at us with a weapon.”

The rather tall blue haired male grabbed the Master Sword from Dara and looked at it hard, “Just a plastic replica.”

With that, Daesung let go and slid the kitchen knife back into its wooden holder. Dara dropped to the ground and crawled away into the living room. Whilst Daesung had the knife up to , she had got a good look at everyone else’s faces. Honestly, the names alone should have been more than enough to set off the alarm in her brain.

She scrambled over to her Xbox and picked up the video game case lying on top of it.

Her eyes widened as she analyzed the faces on the cover only to find that they perfectly matched the faces standing in her kitchen.

‘Well .’ Were the words that came to her mind first.

Curious as to what was going on she the game only to be greeted with a title screen that contained no characters. The usual five men that usually stood under the giant letters that spelled out “Life in the Darkness.” were no longer there.

And thus Dara was left utterly speechless.