END

PATIENCE

 

“You’re home…!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He glanced up a bit and slightly smiled before taking off his shoes… she quickly went to him to get his things but he stopped her…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I can manage…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He plainly said and with that she slightly pouted… he ignored her again… she just stood in front of him watching him… she should at least do something for him… after all she’s his wife… but no matter what she does… he would always stop her… and worse… ignore her…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She felt that he has been ignoring her for a couple of months now… they just got married last year and to think that their relationship slowly withering already… she really became depressed over it…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He glanced back a bit… to see what she’s up to now… she was still rooted on her spot… looking down on their wooden floor… he sighed…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You better sleep now…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“But… I made dinner… you should eat first…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She looked at him with sadness on her face…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I called earlier right…? I told you we will have a dinner meeting…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“But…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She looked down again and bit on her lower lip… again… ignored by her husband…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“We can just heat it tomorrow… now… you go ahead and sleep… I’ll clean up the kitchen…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He went to the kitchen even though he’s still on his business suit… leaving her on the living room…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tears started to form in her eyes… she cooked it for hours even though she knows he’ll be having a dinner meeting… thought he would still eat it for her… and yet she got ignored again… she knows he’s getting annoyed by her now… she knows he’s just using his temper not to burst out in her… his often sighing proved that he’s just being patient with her…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And just then he came out of the kitchen… only to see her still standing in the middle of the living room… tears on both of her eyes… he sighed again… which pricked her insides… he’s at it again…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What’s wrong…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He was about to go to her… but she quickly went past him… stormed out of the living room and went to their bedroom…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He heard her slammed the door… ran his hands over through his hair with his face contorted in frustration…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Patience… patience… this will be over soon…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He mumbled… he stayed awhile at the living room… making sure that once he gets to their room… she would be dead asleep…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His face showed a great weariness… over the past months… he has been so busy not only at work but especially at home… he knows he should not be feeling bad about it… this what he and she wants for them… only a little patient for his wife…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He got up tiredly from the couch… turned off the TV and sleepily went to their room… there he saw her peacefully sleeping… his lips curved a slight smile… he quietly went to her side and saw trails of her tears on her cheeks…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He felt bad for not being enough… blaming himself for being so busy at work that sometimes he would neglect being with her when she needs him… feeling grateful to his friend for at least they are there to help him with her…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He bent down to plant a kiss on her forehead… before settling himself on his side even though he hasn’t showered yet… he needs to make use of the spare time… every minute counts because for sure just a little later, he’ll be needing his energy again…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And just like he thought…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He woke up in the middle of the night… finding an empty space beside him…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Dara…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He called… he scanned their dark room but she’s not there… he began to panic… he quickly threw himself out of their bed and got his phone…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He held his phone to his ear as he continuously scanned their house, looking all over for her…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Dara… baby…? Where are you…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His hair was all disarrayed… his clothes were all messed… but he didn’t care… his pregnant wife’s missing in the middle of the night…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally someone picked up the phone on the other line…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Who’s this…? Can’t you see it’s freaking two..-”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“She’s missing Bae…!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He cut off his friend… he now ran downstairs for he couldn’t find her everywhere…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Huh…? Who…? Jiyong is this you…? Who’s missing…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His friend… who just got completely woke up was still confused to what’s happening…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Dara… she’s missing… she was just with me when I sleep… I woke up and she’s now missing… where is she..?!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong ran around his house… continuously cursing and now regretting for buying a big house for she could be just around somewhere inside… he looked like a mad man… forgetting about his tired body… only thinking about his wife and his child…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Again…? I’ll call the others and we’ll help you find her… calm down…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“How can I calm down…?! She’s freaking pregnant..! What if she slipped or someone got her-…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Fine…! As if this didn’t happen before… We’ll help you… geez…!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong didn’t wait anymore… he hanged up his phone and ran outside to his car…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He drove around the quiet city… beads of sweat on his forehead even though it’s so cold… and that made him more worried… hoping that wherever she is… she’s safe and warm…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She looked ahead the Han River… hugging herself as she continued to cry… that was where he proposed to her… reminiscing ever part of their happy times… she continuously cried…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blaming herself for she’s not enough… thinking if he already found  someone more beautiful than her… just because her figure changed brought by her pregnancy…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She glanced down on the bulge on her tummy… caressed it and felt a sudden kick…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Baby… your father seems to do not like us anymore…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She whispered… And suddenly she felt someone pulled her… her face landed on something hard and warm…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What the hell are you doing here…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He asked her… suppressing the forming anger in his voice… he hugged her tight… but enough not to crush the bulge on her tummy…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her eyes widen… what is he doing here…? She thought…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She pushed him away… as tears continued to roll on her cheeks… she saw how his brows were connecting… suddenly felt irritated to see the annoyance on her husband’s face…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What... are you… doing here…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She said between her sobs… he looked to the side before sighing and looked back at her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Let’s go home…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He just pulled her wrist and began dragging her to his car… she stopped and slapped his hand away…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Just go to your mistress…! I know I’m just a problem to you…! Just leave me alone…!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His face dropped… here she is again with her accuses… he chuckled… had enough of her tantrums and mood swings… he went towards her and locked her again in his arms… she struggled but he didn’t let go… until after sometime she calmed… buried her face on his chest and cried…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I hate you… why are you always ignoring me…? Am I not beautiful to you anymore…? You and your friends are all ganging up on me…did you tell them to cover up for you…? fine… you go ahead and live with your mistress…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She hit his chest continuously… he just chuckled in return… especially because of his friends involvement… this is the part that he really likes whenever she will have her tantrums… she looked so cute rather than keeping her tears to only to herself…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Baby you know you can’t do much work… plus why would I look for another woman when I already have the most beautiful woman here in my arms now…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She stopped from hitting… her sobs slowly subsided… he then smiled… his lines never fails him…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She slowly looked up… eyes and her lips were both swollen… her cheeks were all flushed from too much crying… but still she looks like a goddess… his hands reached for her face and wiped off her tears…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Really…? You… you’re not cheating on me…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her voice was still shaking…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m not and won’t… unless by the name of Sandara Park…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He flashed his cheeky smile… she chuckled a bit before slapping her husband’s arm… he pecked on her lips and caressed her face…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Saranghae jagiya…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She blushed and looked down… so cute..! He thought… he ducked down to her and faced with her tummy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Mommy’s being so stubborn again… sorry baby…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He said as he kissed on it…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Mianhe…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She whispered… he smiled before getting up… he wrapped his arm around her shoulders as he guided her back to their car… once settled inside he got a thick blanket from the backseat…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Don’t ever do it again… arasso…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He said as he wrapped the blanket around her… she nodded… he only sighed… as if she won’t do it again tomorrow… he thought…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His phone suddenly rang…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Have you found her already…?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yes…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Good… damn… both of you are still a pain the … aisht…! Thanks for ruining my dream-“
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yeah… yeah… I’ll hang up now…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yah…! You woke me up then –“
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He didn’t let his friend finish for he already hanged up the phone… he chuckled before turning to his wife who’s looking at him wonderingly… he leaned to her and gave her another peck on the lips…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Let’s go home baby…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She nodded… and rested her head on his shoulder… he started his car and drove home fast but safe for he still needs to catch up to his sleep… for sure that later worse will come when her cravings bug her again…
 
 
 
 
 
---
 
THANKS FOR READING!
SORRY FOR THE ERRORS hehehe :)