Hoya 2

Infinite Oneshots

 

            You ran your hands over the counter and sighed. Ever since your accident, you’ve been withdrawing more and more into yourself. It was so difficult to find any sort of pleasure in life. Not when it was so cruel and had taken away something you had valued so much. Your hands fumbled as you tried to get your walking stick.

            You had hit a tree and without realizing, toxic fumes had entered the car and damaged your eyesight. It was hard for you to see anything anymore and you missed being able to be carefree and do as you liked. The only person by your side now was your boyfriend.      

            You had to count your blessings that you still had Hoya. You had expected him to be like your so called best friend and bail ship. But instead, he had waited. He not only waited but he promised to take care of you, which was so much more than you ever expected. You were grateful but he was busy and had to live his life without always having to hanker after you.

            You made a vow to yourself to stand up by yourself and to function. But, it was difficult. You were still trying to get used to the loss of a sense that you had relied on for so long. Tears formed and you whimpered. Where was that darn walking stick?

            Your feet kicked against something and you heard the distinct rolling sound. That must have been the stick. You dropped the ground and d randomly, trying to find the stick. Someone came in while you were searching and you froze. You could make out a hazy contrast and knew the person was nearing you. You did a defensive pose, unsure of how much you could defend yourself.

            “Sweetheart, it’s me.” You relaxed. It was Hoya. You heard his footsteps come closer and he hugged you. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t expect to be out for so long. I met my mother along the way and I couldn’t get through. They all wanted me to hire a guardian.”

            You looked down. “I’m sorry I caused you so much trouble,” you whispered.

            Hoya’s grip tightened around you. “Never say that,” he said fiercely. “If I hear you say that one more time, I’m going to be angry. You are not trouble. I love you and you are never going to be a burden.”

            “Do you want to hire a guardian?”

            He stilled. “Do you want to use one?”

            You shook your head. “I didn’t want to. I wanted to be more independent, to be able to do things on my own. But I suppose that wouldn’t work if you’re a bum like me. I’m sorry. I guess I’m so useless now. But the guardian would cause so much.”

            “Then we won’t use one. I’m going to take care of you and you are going to get better. Even if you don’t see again, I’ll always be by your side.”

            You smiled gently and cupped his cheek. It took you a while as you felt along the contours of his profile. You leaned in closer so you could smell him. He was comforting and now that you could only use his scent to identify him, it meant more to you the cologne he wore especially when you got it for him. “Hoya, you can’t always be by my side. What if you have to go on tour? What if you have performances and a comeback? You’re on hiatus now, but you won’t always be.”

            “I can always quit Infinite.”

            You laughed. “Don’t be silly. I had to suffer through your training days and auditioning. I won’t let you off that easily, and neither would Inspirits. You, honey, are going to march yourself to work and not worry about me. I can survive. I just need to get used to it. Maybe my mother can stay with us for a while?”

            He nodded and placed his chin on your head. “Yep.”

            You turned away and hid a tiny smile. There were other reasons for why your mother wanted to be here. But you weren’t ready to tell him yet. You wanted to conciliate yourself with the surprise first too.

            The next evening, Hoya came home and you could hear him struggling. You stood up to greet him and heard a loud bark. Fearing that this was finally a burglar, you grabbed the vase off the table and held it up. The barking was louder and you could hear loud grunts and your arms shook.

            “I can see you! Stop right there!”

            There was a loud laugh and you were confused. It was Hoya. “Babe, if you could see me, that would be a miracle. I’m still trying to get the cage through the door.”

            “There’s a dog, Hoya. Why is there a dog?”

            “It’s a special seeing dog. This way if I’m not by your side, Sunny will!”

            You melted inside. Only Hoya. When he came in you felt around for him before hugging him and then promptly pushing him away. “Euw, you smell like dog!”

            He came right back next to you and his lips curved into a smile against your hair. “So will you, once you start hanging around Sunny soon enough.”

            You laughed and tried to look at him. “You’re a miracle you know. Thank you. I’ll love Sunny to bits.”

            “Love her like you love your own child!”

            This was it. The perfect opening. “You grinned up at him. “Honey, we’re going to have our own child.” 

 

requested

I actually sort of liked how this one came out?