Myungsoo 3

Infinite Oneshots

 

            Your little cousin stared in awe as Myungsoo continued to explain the math problem to her. He patiently pointed at the different parentheses and explained to her why she had to do one operation before the other. “You see, sometimes you need to remember an acronym. But the acronym isn’t always accurate because certain operations are interchangeable.”

            dropped open as his pencil flew across the page. He finished the problem and smiled at her with that small smile of his. “Do you get it?”

            She nodded slowly and he placed the paper back on the table. “Here, you go ahead and try!” She picked up the pencil, still warm from his hand and basked in the glow of fangirling.

            You tapped her on the head. “Hey, stop staring at my husband and start doing some of your work, missy.” You joked as she scowled at you and turned pink. Myungsoo laughed and stood up, stretching.

            “It’s my birthday today! I can choose to hang out all day with your little cousin if I wanted to,” he threatened.

            You rolled your eyes and blew him a kiss. “I’ll make sure to spit in your cake.”

            Myungsoo shuddered and clutched his heart. He sat down once more and crossed his legs as he started to help her with the next problem. “Don’t ever grow up,” he warned her. “Women can be absolutely vicious when they’re jealous.”

            “I heard that!” You called from the kitchen.

            Your cousin stared at the two of you. “Wow, I wish mom and dad would let me stay over more. I love you two.” Myungsoo tousled her hair and he pointed at her work.

            “Come on! Three more problems and then we can go watch your cousin make her amazing lemon meringue cake.”

            You hurried in the kitchen and hummed to yourself. It was your lucky day when Myungsoo had stepped on your shoelaces, causing you to fly into his arms.  He had been a blubbering mess of apologies and you were worried the cake you had spent hours on would be ruined. But luckily, you used a sturdy cover and nothing was crushed.

            Myungsoo had offered to carry the cake to the house that had asked you for it and then he began asking questions about your career. You made a living baking custom ordered cakes for anyone who was willing to pay. They didn’t mind that you were a bit pricey because according to all your patrons, “Her cakes are worth the money.”

            He had joked, saying that maybe he should order a cake from you and personally pick it up just so he could see you more. He took you out to dinner that night and the two of you clicked. He had asked you out for another date, and another.

            Now, the two of you have been married for six months. You watched from the kitchen and saw Myungsoo encourage your cousin to continue her work. When she asked him a question, he was patient and you beamed. You knew he would be a good guidance one day for your future children.

            She finally finished all her problems and looked at him. “Myungsoo-Oppa, can we go play?”

            He nodded and she brought out her large set of dolls. Myungsoo blinked and coughed. “Well, you’re going to have to tell me what’s going on because I would be completely lost regarding the plot. You should make up a story and let me know what it is that you want!”

            “Okay. A princess is stuck in a tower and only one prince can save her. The prince is perfect except for one thing. You’re the prince okay?”

            “Sure, but what is the prince’s flaw? I thought I was perfect.”

            She laughed with him. “The one problem with the prince is that he’s married but he likes the princess anyway.”

            Myungsoo’s mouth dropped. “What are you kids learning these days? This type of drama belongs on the television screen and not in the mind of a third grader. How about, we do it like this? The princess is the prince’s favorite cousin. And he’s going to rescue her except he’s too old and the wicked witch who kidnapped the princess demanded a younger one?”

            You snorted. He really knew how to turn the situation around. You pulled up a chair and decided you liked watching Myungsoo play daddy more than you wanted to watch the cake. You had the timer to warn you.

            The little girl pursed her lips. “Okay. That’s fine too. And then the prince comes to the tower,” Myungsoo obediently trotted his doll to the makeshift tower that she had made with the cushions. “The witch says, ‘Who are you?’”

            You couldn’t control yourself as Myungsoo took the witch doll and spoke in a falsetto. “Who are you and what do you want?”

            He quickly deepened his voice, pretending to be the prince. “To rescue my favorite cousin!”

            She got into it and waved her doll in the air. “Myungsoo-Oppa! Help! I’m trapped!”

            He grabbed the witch. “Argh, you’re too old. But it’s okay. I’d like to see how you can climb up this tower. Go ahead. Ahahaha,” he let out an evil cackle.

            The timer dinged and you jumped up to grab the cake. Half an hour later, just when you were done putting the finishing touches, the two of them walked in. She ran for the table and dug into the meal you had set out.

            Myungsoo kissed you quickly in the privacy of your kitchen and you winked at him. “That is quite an attractive falsetto you have there.”

            He placed a finger against your lips. “Shh, that was all for good fun.”

            You placed his hand on your stomach. “You’re going to be a good daddy to our kid, Myungsoo. Happy birthday,” you added quickly and walked out to join your little cousin before he could absorb the news.  

            The two of you heard a wild whooping from the kitchen and your cousin leaned in conspiratorially. “Is Oppa okay?”

          You shrugged and bit into your salad. “Men. They can be a little cuckoo sometimes.” 

 

requested by haeaffection

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYUNGSOO ♥