Woohyun 3

Infinite Oneshots

 

            Woohyun pulled on your arm and pouted. “Come on. Come with the movies with me just this once?”

            You shook your head. “Can’t, sorry. I have homework. Friends should offer one another good influences. You should be encouraging I do my homework, not trying to distract me from it.”

            He sighed. And you thought you heard him say something along the lines of, “When will you realize?”

            “Realize what?” you snapped.

            He looked up guiltily. “N-nothing. It’s okay. I guess I’ll just have to go back home and go do homework. I want to be a good influence you know?”

            You shrugged and waved goodbye to him. “I’ll see you!”

            Woohyun sighed. How far did he have to go to make you notice him? Did he have to spell it out for you to know how much he liked you? He kicked at the curb and decided to go ask his Dongwoo hyung. His hyung always had the best advice.

            He walked to Dongwoo’s house and knocked. “Hey, Hyung, remember that girl I was talking about? I listened to Sunggyu hyung and asked her out on dates but she always says she’s busy and that she’d rather do schoolwork.”

            The older guy smiled. “I guess what you have to do is go for a grander gesture.”

            “A grand gesture?”

            “Yeah! Isn’t her birthday coming up? This is your chance! Go up to her and not only do you profess your undying love for her, you surprise her and make it obvious how you feel. Don’t just hem and haw this time. Let her know you want to be more than friends.”

            Woohyun nodded and decided he was going to try the subtle tactics a little more before he acted as extravagantly as his hyung advised. He slipped a note into yourlocker, asking if you would want to study with him.

            You met him in class, with the note in your hands. He looked up, hopeful. You were frowning a little. “Woohyun, why would you slip a note in my locker? I almost lost it when it fell out. But if you want to study, we can go to the library together.”

            “Oh, I was thinking maybe you can come over to my house? My mom makes great after school snacks!”

            You colored. “I don’t think that would be appropriate.”

            He sighed. “We’re friends, aren’t we?” Then he wanted to hit himself. Why did he have to keep emphasizing that one point? He really could be an idiot sometime.

            “I suppose. Alright.” Woohyun cheered. This would be a step forward, finally.

            But at his house, you immediately sat in the kitchen table and took out your textbook. If he tried to distract you, you would go along with the joke before looking at him sharply. “We have work to do, Woohyun.”

            He was getting desperate. He liked you so much. All it took was for you to unconsciously chew on the eraser of your pencil and his breath would stop. If you leaned over to help him with a problem, his entire vision would swim. If you looked at him and smiled that crooked smile of yours, his stomach would clench.

          With a loud sigh, he placed his pencil on the table. You looked up. “Did you finish?”

            He shook his head. “It’s okay. I’ll just fail, I guess.”

            You looked alarmed. “You can’t do that, Woohyun! Let me help you!”

            “Can you agree to go out with me for one day?”

            “What?” you sputtered. This was such an abrupt change in subject. Woohyun turned red and repeated his question. You rolled your eyes. Why did he have to look so endearing? “Woohyun, we have work to do. Come on, pass that test and then think about such things later.” But he was tired. He dully went through the final problem with you before sending you on your way.

            You looked at him as he stood in the doorway and felt a cringe of sadness. He had seemed so removed just then. You hoped everything would be okay. You didn’t want to lose a friend like Woohyun.

            Three days later, you walked into school and could only see flowers floating in the air by your locker. When you got closer, you saw that there were hands holding up the flowers. As you got nearer, you were surprised to see that it was Woohyun behind the bouquets. Other girls were nudging one another and whispering. Your mouth fell open.

            “Woohyun?”

            He held out the flowers and knelt down. “I really like you. I’ve been trying to tell you but you never seemed to know. I’m desperate. Please. Just agree to go on one date with me; give me a chance.” He pleaded with you, giving you his most affective puppy eyes.

            Suddenly all the casual hang out offers made sense. You nodded mutely and he placed the flowers in your arms. “That just made me so happy. I think I can pass calculus now.” He planted a kiss on the top of your head and steered you down the hallway, towards your classroom.

 

requested

I'm sorry, I barely update here but I'm going to try harder to update more often ♥