Chapter 26

Please love me

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update guys, I have been so busy for the past weeks.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Here is the Chapter 26! Cheers!

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Donghae was all smile as he walked passed through the empty tables inside the office. It was still early in the morning and he was the first employee that reported to work. He then arrived on his table and quickly sat on his chair as he turned his computer on.

 

"Best chocolate ever." He mumbled as he grinned like an idiot while he rested his back on the chair and crossed his arms over his chest. Then he closed his eyes as he recalled eating the chocolate that Jessica gave him last night.

 

"Of course, that was ten thousand won." He heard a familiar voice coming in front of him, making him to open his eyes on the sudden surprise.

 

"D-director Jung..." He quickly stood up and greeted her boss who was standing in front of his table.

 

"My schedule?" Jessica asked with her poker face.

 

"Yes, I'll..." Donghae mumbled as he hurriedly searched his table for the paperwork that his boss was asking.

 

"Bring it inside my office when you found it." Jessica ordered and walked inside her office while she heard her secretary stating a yes.

 

"That surprised me." Donghae exhaled in relief as he sat back on his chair, "Aish... that was embarrassing." He shook his head and then buried his face on his palm.

 

At the same time, Jessica's poker face turned three sixty degrees as she smiled while she sat on her chair.

 

"It's a relief that oppa liked it." She smiled, referring to the chocolate.

 

Oppa. She really missed calling her oppa an oppa. She just hates how she addresses her oppa as a secretary. The same way she hates being called a director by her oppa.

 

As she rested her head on the table, she recalled how stupid she was for not giving the chocolate directly. She also recalled how she can't fall asleep last night as her thoughts were filled by endless questions that she wanted to ask to Donghae. She also didn't know but it seems like all of the hatred that that was accumulated on her heart for the past years was miraculously vanished last night. All of her hate towards Donghae were gone. Just by seeing her ex-boyfriend, her heart returned back from its state five years ago.

 

Just like a magic, she doesn't hate Donghae anymore.

 

Just like a magic, she was in love with Donghae again.

 

"In love?" Jessica mumbled as she was still resting her head on the table with her arms acting as a pillow.

 

"Isn't that too fast?" She answered herself with another question.

 

"I don't know." She concluded, "I just want to know everything..." She mumbled, "Especially Taeyeon." She then recalled the sight of Taeyeon crying on Donghae's embrace.

 

Then a knock knocked her down from her thoughts as she quickly fixed herself and hid her smile.

 

"Director Jung." Donghae, who just entered the office, said as he placed a folder on Jessica's table, "Here is the document that you're going to need for today." He said as he hid both of his hands behind him.

 

"You will be having a meeting with SM Company again. It's going to be after lunch." He explained.

 

"Me?" Jessica asked.

 

"Yes, ma'am."

 

"Not we?" She asked again, surprising the man in front of him.

 

"We?" Donghae asked as he was dumbfounded on the question.

 

'What does she mean we?'

 

"Yes." Jessica nodded, "We."

 

"Yes, well... I'll be joining you on the meeting if you want to." Donghae answered and saw Jessica smiling on him.

 

"Good." Jessica nodded as she smiled.

 

"Do you have anything more to say?" Her smile quickly disappeared as she re her poker face.

 

"That's all." Donghae answered, "Then," He bowed before leaving the office.

 

"Aish. Mwoya?" He mumbled as he walked to his table, "She's so hard to read." He sighed after taking a seat.

 

"I mean, she was smiling and then she's going to have that cold face again. What was that?" He asked himself slightly annoyed, "And what does she mean by we? Does she wants me to be there because she wants me to or because I can help her on the meeting?"

 

"I really don't understand..." He concluded as he shook his head.

 

"Understand what?" He heard a voice in front of him.

 

"Nothing." He quickly answered back as he looked at the owner of the voice, "How's your date with Hyoyeon last night?" He asked, trying to change the topic.

 

"It went well." Eunhyuk smiled as he answered back.

 

"Good then."

 

 

 

 

 

It was already night as the roads were enlightened with lights that came out from the vehicles. It was a lovely night as a lot of couple was walking hand by hand on the street even though valentine's day was already celebrated yesterday. It was a lovely night except for one couple that was seen drinking inside an orange tent bar.

 

"You should stop drinking." Donghae said as he grabbed the third bottle of soju that Jessica was trying to open.

 

Jessica can only glare at Donghae as she felt tipsy.

 

"That's business." Donghae started, "Your proposals can get rejected sometimes, you know?" He continued, "So stop drinking now, we can just work harder next time. SM isn't just the company we can work with. There are a lot of companies where we can provide our service. We have a lot of options."

 

"Just how did you learn how to drink like this?" He mumbled but it was enough for Jessica to hear.

 

"Because of you." Jessica answered with her cold voice.

 

"Because of me?" Donghae was confused.

 

"Because of you." Jessica stood up from her seat and left the street bar.

 

"Because of me..."

 

That's when Donghae suddenly realized what Jessica meant.

 

"Did she learned how to drink because of me?" He mumbled and quickly stood up as he realized Jessica was gone.

 

He ran as fast as he could and was able to catch up with Jessica, who was walking slowly because of tipsiness.

 

"I'll walk you to your house." He said as he tried to support Jessica by holding her arm .

 

"Let go!" Jessica ordered. It must be because she was tipsy and depressed by the rejection of the project that she was working with but she didn't want to yell at Donghae.

 

Donghae obeyed as he can only follow Jessica behind as they walked on the sidewalk slowly.

 

"Jessica." Donghae called out, making the one he called to stop from her track.

 

Jessica was stunned upon hearing her name. How long was it? Five years? Five years since the last time she heard being called by Donghae with her name.

 

"Jessica, I'm really sorry." Donghae apologized sincerely as he stood straight with his head lowered, "I'm the stupid one for trying to break up with you. I still love you."

 

Jessica's eyes widened as her tipsiness vanished upon hearing what Donghae said. She remained still as she was again stunned. Her mind was blank as she heard Donghae's voice behind her saying how much he missed her.

 

"I miss you..." Donghae said as he stared on the back of Jessica, "I know you're still mad at me." He nodded, "I know. I am the one at fault."

 

Jessica then finally spoke as Donghae heard one of the many questions Jessica wanted to ask, "Then why didn't you came after me when I was leaving? You should have stopped me when I was walking away from you."

 

Donghae then remembered the scene Jessica was talking about.

 

"Fine. Let's end it. Let's end everything. Let's break up." Jessica said while her eyes that started to get red were fixed onto Donghae's.

 

"I hate you... I hate you, Lee Donghae..." She finished her statement and started to walk away from Donghae. She walked with heavy footsteps as her tears betrayed her. Her tears flowed down to her cheeks and chin as she kept on walking away from Donghae, away from her love.

 

"I did." Donghae mumbled, "I did ran after you. I was trying to stop you."

 

"No you didn't!" Jessica yelled in disbelief. She then turned around to face Donghae, "I waited! You didn't came!"

 

"I know." Donghae said quietly as his eyes met with Jessica's.

 

"Then what are you saying!?"

 

"The reason why I was trying to break up with you is because I was diagnosed with leukemia that time." Donghae explained, making Jessica stunned once again as she was suddenly speechless.

 

Jessica didn't know what to say as her eyes were glued to Donghae's. She was suddenly taken aback on what she heard. She was constantly asking herself if what she heard was true or just a joke.

 

"I was running after you that time but I collapsed." Donghae smiled bitterly, "The next thing I know, you already left South Korea."

 

"That was also the reason why I haven't tried to find you. I was sent to United Kingdom to get proper treatment. I was hospitalized for years." He continued his explanation which just answered a lot of questions that Jessica was keeping to herself.

 

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." Once again, he apologized, "I'm not trying to get you to forgive me since I know that I'm really the one at fault. I'm just---"

 

Donghae wasn't able to finish as Jessica's arms were suddenly wrapped around his waist. He didn't know what to feel at that time but one thing he knew is that Jessica's hug was being tightened every second.

 

"Pabo!" Jessica yelled as she cried on Donghae's chest, "Why didn't you told me sooner!?" She asked between her cries. She then quickly pulled her head away and cupped Donghae's face, "Are you okay now? Are you still sick? Are you still going to be hospitalized?" She bombarded him with questions that showed how worried she was.

 

"I'm fine now." Donghae smiled as he answered. He was longing for this. For the warmth that he felt when Jessica hugged him tightly.

 

"Are you sure? Are you sure?" Jessica once again asked, trying to confirm Donghae's answer.

 

"Yes, I am." Donghae wiped the tears that were coming out from Jessica's eyes with his thumb as he stared at her.

 

"I'm really sorry for not telling you." He said as he removed his hand on Jessica's cheeks, "I didn't want to worry you at that time."

 

"That's bull!" Jessica cursed as she buried her face on Donghae's chest once again. She also started to cry again as she wrapped her hands on Donghae's waist.

 

"You should have told me! You were suffering and here I am, hating you." She mumbled on her cries as she felt guilty of hating Donghae for the past years without knowing the truth, "You fool, stupid, idiot..." She continued mumble between her cries as Donghae's torso started to get wet.

 

"Sorry... and of course, you should hate me. You did the right thing for hating me." Donghae said as he placed a hand behind Jessica's head.

 

He then the blonde's hair, "I miss you..."

 

 

 

Minutes passed since Jessica stopped from crying. Her eyes were swollen as she cried non-stop, trying to absorb Donghae's explanation. She tightened her arms around Donghae's neck as she felt Donghae adjusting her on his back. Donghae was giving Jessica a piggyback ride as the latter can't seem to walk properly because of the alcoholic drinks she had earlier.

 

"Oppa..." Jessica mumbled, oblivious that she just made Donghae the happiest man in the earth on what she said.

 

"Mhm?" Donghae tried to hide his smile, oh how does he missed being called an oppa.

 

"How about you? Are you mad at me?" Jessica asked.

 

"Why would I be mad at you?"

 

"Because I suddenly left five years ago?"

 

"Hmm... I'm not mad at you. I totally understand why you did that."

 

"Still... I just left without hearing your reason..."

 

Donghae stopped walking as he heard how apologetic the voice of Jessica was. He then turned his head to his right to face Jessica, "I'm not mad at you." He smiled as he assured her, "I'm not."

 

"Oppa..." Jessica said softly as Donghae started to walk.

 

"I miss you too..." She continued as she tightened his arms around Donghae's.

 

Donghae smiled upon hearing Jessica.

 

"How are you?" He asked the question he wanted to ask since the first day he met Jessica after five years.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean, how were you doing for the past years? Have you been living well?"

 

"The first year was terrible, oppa. The first year when we broke up." Jessica answered sadly as she even recalled attempting to kill herself that time.

 

"Sorry..." Donghae, who felt apologetic, apologized once again.

 

"But Tiffany was always on my side since then. We also attended the same university." Jessica explained, wanting to ease Donghae's guilt.

 

"Tiffany?"

 

"Yup, Tiffany."

 

"Haven't heard her name for a long time." Donghae smiled bitterly as he remembered that he wasn't able to contact his little sister for years.

 

"Should I call her?"

 

"No need. She might be busy."

 

Jessica nodded.

 

"Then there's also Luhan. He also helped me that time."

 

"Luhan?"

 

"Yeah, remember him? Your little brother. Tiffany's twin."

 

"Of course I do."

 

"I thought you don't."

 

"And, oppa! Your dad is healthy now. He was cured perfectly."

 

"My dad?" Donghae stopped on his track for a second before continuing to walk again.

 

"I see." He nodded.

 

"Aren't you happy?" Jessica asked as she felt that Donghae wasn't that happy to hear about his family's condition.

 

"Jessica, can we please just talk about us?" Donghae asked.

 

"Okay, oppa." Jessica nodded as she recalled that Donghae wasn't in good terms with his dad. She then mentally cursed herself for bringing it up.

 

"Then... oppa, there's something I'm really curious about." She started, changing the topic.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Why are you working as my secretary? Also, why haven't you finished college?" Finally, Jessica was able to ask one of the questions she was so curious that she can go crazy.

 

"I told you earlier, I was hospitalized for years. I was unable to continue my studies." Donghae answered as he adjusted Jessica on his back.

 

"How about now? Can't you continue your studies?"

 

"I can't."

 

"Why?"

 

"I have to work since I used all of my money on my treatments."

 

"What? All of your properties?" Jessica asked, unable to believe Donghae's explanation.

 

"Yes. Why? Are you going to send me back to college?"

 

"Nope." Jessica shook her head as she answered.

 

"Why?"

 

"I like it if you're just working for me. I can order you around and always be at my side." Jessica giggled at her answer as Donghae also laughed shortly.

 

"Aigoo..." Donghae shook his head on Jessica's silliness, "Even though I'm not working for you, you can always order me around and be at your side."

 

"Really?"

 

Donghae nodded.

 

"Then, oppa. How about you? Was it hard being hospitalized?" Jessica asked, curious of how Donghae lived with an illness.

 

"It was hard." Donghae nodded as he answered, "But there were some people who helped me." He continued and suddenly recalled the person who helped him. He recalled Taeyeon and then he also recalled seeing Jessica with Taeyeon. He suddenly wanted to ask what kind of relationship Jessica has with Taeyeon but decided not to since the mood was great and he didn't want to talk about anything or anyone except themselves.

 

"I should thank them then. They are the one who took care of my oppa after all." Jessica said, "Then are you really fine now oppa?" She continued.

 

"I am but, I still have to take a few medicines to maintain my health."

 

"So are you taking them properly?" Jessica asked, worried that Donghae might forget to take the medicines he was referring.

 

"Yes, ma'am." Donghae answered the way he answers Jessica in the office.

 

"I hate the way you call me ma'am or director." Jessica pouted.

 

Donghae then smiled as he noticed Jessica's pout, "Should I call you Jessica in the office then?"

 

"No."

 

"Then what should I call you?"

 

"Princess, baby, babe. Pick one." Jessica answered and then giggled.

 

"I'll call you Director Jung then." Donghae answered, trying to tease the blonde he was carrying on his back.

 

"Yah!" Jessica unknowingly hit Donghae's chest.

 

"Sorry." She apologized quickly as she realized what she did.

 

"What's there to apologize? You always hit me five years ago." Donghae said, teasing Jessica.

 

"Yah! Aish. Oppa, you haven't changed did you?" Jessica asked, "Well except for your messy long hair. Who do you think you are? Brad Pitt?" She continued, trying to win against Donghae.

 

"Then what about you? What about your blonde hair? Who is the celebrity that you are trying to copy?" Donghae teased back.

 

"Aish... Oppa!" Jessica frowned and then pouted.

 

"Okay, I'll stop." Donghae laughed shortly.

 

"Tch. Put me down now." Jessica ordered.

 

"Sirheo. (I don't want to)" Donghae didn't obliged.

 

"Put me down now, oppa." Jessica ordered once again.

 

"No. I got it, okay? I'll stop teasing you."

 

"That's not it though." Jessica said, "I'm just worried that you are already tired. You were carrying me for a long time."

 

"I'm not tired, Jessica." Donghae said, trying to assure Jessica.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes, I am."

 

"Really?"

 

"How can I be tired when the one that I am carrying is the one who gives me strength?" Donghae said sincerely, not stopping on his track.

 

Jessica on the other hand blushed as she heard Donghae. She buried her face on Donghae's neck as she wanted to hide her pinky cheeks.

 

"Jessica..."

 

"Mhm?

 

"Can I court you?" Donghae asked, startling the girl she was carrying on his back, "Can I court you once again?"

 

"Yes, oppa." Jessica smiled as she answered, "You can, oppa." She continued as she tightened her arms around Donghae.

 

Donghae also smiled on Jessica's answer.

 

It was a lovely night after all.

 

 

 

 

 

26 years ago...

Summer 1987

 

"Lee Sajang! (President Lee!)" A man in his late twenties yelled happily as he entered an office. He then hurriedly went in front of the man who was seated on a chair and had his hands rested on the table with a nameplate that read 'President Lee Donggun'.

 

"President Lee! President Lee!" The man who entered the office said as if he won on a lottery.

 

"What was it Director Jung? Or should I say my friend, Jung Yunho. I told you not to call me a president when we are just by ourselves." Lee Donggun said as he stood up from his seat. He then walked his way to the couch and sat on it.

 

"Right, I forgot." Yunho scratched the back of his head as he followed his friend on the couch, "Donggun-ah, I heard that sister-in-law is pregnant?"

 

Donggun nodded proudly.

 

"Wah! Chukhahae, chingu-ya! (Congratulations, my friend!)" Yunho scooted near Donggun and patted his arm.

 

"Is it a boy?" He asked.

 

"It's not confirmed yet but I have this feeling that it's going to be a boy." Donggun replied.

 

"That's good!" Yunho smiled, "I better have a daughter then?"

 

"Of course! We promised to at least marry one of our children, didn't we?" Donggun said as he recalled some old memories.

 

"You guys are really like kids." A woman then joined in the discussion as she shook her head, startling Yunho.

 

"Oh! Sister-in-law is here?" Yunho smiled brightly as he faced the woman.

 

"That's right, I'm here. Were you so excited that you didn't noticed me?" The woman asked playfully as she also sat on the couch that that was facing the two men, "You look like you were the one who is pregnant."

 

"Ehei~ sister-in-law, I'm just happy for the both of you, I mean it's going to be your first child!" Yunho answered happily.

 

"What's going to be the name of the child then?" He continued to ask.

 

"I don't know." Donggun answered, "I guess a combination of my name and my wife?"

 

"Your name and sister-in-law's?" Yunho asked.

 

Donggun and his wife nodded at him.

 

"So it's going to be the combination of Lee Donggun and Lee Dahae?" Yunho mumbled.

 

"Lee Dongda? Lee Gunhae? Lee Gunda? Lee Haegun? Lee Haedong?" He continued to mumble, trying to come up with a name.

 

"Aish those sounds horrible." He shook his head like a fool, making the couple laugh at him.

 

"Ah!" He said proudly as he clapped his hand, "Lee Donghae! It sounds good right?"

 

"Not bad." Donggun and Dahae said in unison, "Lee Donghae."

 

"Not a bad name for my future son-in-law." Yunho nodded proudly.