The Interview

Everything

 

“Who here is your favourite member of SHINee?”

 

Mr. Jung asked, a pen in his hand and a piece of paper and looking at me, waiting for an answer.

 

“Onew oppa.” I answered after a second and felt the air shift again and then suddenly, I could some how feel Onew smile.

 

I smiled and suddenly, I felt really confident.

 

“What do you like about Onew?”

 

I hesitated, not really wanting to say it but then I felt six pair of eyes on me and I didn’t know if I should say what I really thought.

 

“Umm…”

 

“Umm?” Mr. Jung echoed.

 

“I like Onew because,” I stole a quick glance at Onew and saw him smile at me and I blushed and it boosted my confidence.

 

“Because I think he’s like me.”

 

-SILENCE-

 

“What do you mean by he’s like you?” Mr. Jung said, scribbling what I had said down onto the piece of paper in front of him.

 

“I don’t know how to say it. It’s just a feeling.”

 

“Oh…I see…” Mr. Jung said while continuing to write down what I had said.

 

“Are you Onew’s top fan?”

 

I considered for a moment and answered Mr. Jung.

 

“I’m not sure whether or not I’m his No. 1 fan but I do love him.”

 

“How long have you loved SHINee for?”

 

“Since I was 15.”

 

“And how old are you now?”

 

“24.”

 

“Wow, so nearly 10 years?”

 

I nodded and smiled.

 

***

 

Yo, that's word, ya heard she's mine


Every little thing she do so fly

 

 

'Specially when she rock the Gucci


Lookin' mad juicy, definitely one of a kind


That's right, I'ma be by her side (do or die)


And I'ma keep it real tight (really tight)


As long as I be the GD she gon’ be my sweety


Every single day and night for the rest of our lives

 

***

 

“I see. If you see Onew alone with a girl you don’t know what would you do?”

 

I stopped smiling and some how, I could imagine that scene right in front of me and suddenly, I felt really jealous.

 

Mr. Jung coughed and I snapped out of my scary day dream.

 

“I wouldn’t do anything because it’s his life. I would only care about anything that he does on TV. Like say if he trips I would be really worried about him but…no more than that…” I said trailing off.

 

“I see now. You may leave.” Mr. Jung said.

 

I got up, bowed and upon saying “Kamsahamnida” I left.

 

As I was walking down the hallway I felt some one run up behind me and grab my hand.

 

I turned around and saw a familiar face smile at me, causing my heart to stop beating for a whole second.

 

“Onew oppa…” I whispered.

 

Onew smiled down and me and let go of my hand.

 

“So you’re the girl who I might end up working with for awhile huh?”

 

“I might be…” I said shrugging and continuing to walk towards the waiting room.

 

“So when Manager Jung asked you about what would you do if you saw me with another girl, and your answer…were you really being truthful?” I heard Onew question me with curiosity in every part of his face.

 

I smiled and shook my head.

 

“I wasn’t being truthful…” I said trailing off again.

 

“Then why did you answer they was you answered?”

 

I stopped talking and looked at Onew and gave him a sad smile.

 

***

 

'Cause every little thing you do turns me on (you )


And everytime you speak you touch my soul (you touch my soul girl)


It's everybody's dream to be in love for oh so long (just want your body on my b
ody body)

 

Girl anything you need is in these open arms (these open arms girl)


We'll fly together free wherever you want (wherever you want)


'Cause you're my everything (my everything)


Every single thing (every single thing)


Everything (oh oh oh oh oh oh)

 

***

 

“Although I knew that I would be really hurt seeing you with another girl alone and I might end up running up to you and hurting you physically I know that I can’t do anything about it. Because it’s your own life and if you don’t like me in that way then I can’t do anything about it. So in a way, that answer was truthful.” I said giving Onew a sad smile.

 

“I see…”

 

For a few minutes we walked in silence and when we reach the waiting room door I turned to face him and we smiled at each other.

 

“I hope I get to work with you Jae.” Onew said, extending one of his hand out.

 

I peered at his hand and then looked up to Onew’s eyes and extended my own hand out to shake it.

 

Smiling, I replied,

 

“Me too…me too…”

 

“See you.” Onew said turning away and walking back in the direction of the conference room.

 

I looked at the back of Onew disappear and I sighed.

 

I turned to the door of the waiting room and opened it, walking in to see a tense and serious Kara.

 

“How did it go for you Jae?” Kara asked, when she realised that I has sat down next to her.

 

“It was okay I guess. What about you?” Kara shook her head and then put her face in both her hands.

 

“I was too nervous so I didn’t answer any of the questions…I’m sure I’m going to be going home, not even getting to talk to Key oppa…” She said and I knew that she was trying hard not to cry.

 

Suddenly, the door to the waiting room opened and in stepped Mr. Jung, followed by the five shining boys, SHINee.

 

“As a group, we have chosen which girls will be able to work with their desired SHINee member. Those who are not chosen will be taken over by the next girl in line for that member.”

 

All the girls stood up and stood in one line in front of Mr. Jung.

 

“Now, time for the members of SHINee to choose their future partner.” Mr. Jung said.

I looked at Onew and smiled.

 

He smiled back and from his eyes, I saw the answer I was seeking…