one; the adventurer

Trip To

01. the adventurer

 

It was no secret Sunggyu was a er for a good story. He was nine, easily moldable and had a keen sense of adventure. It amused him and delighted him to no end when he was read stories about men and women alike that traveled far and wide. He was overjoyed by the picture books about small boys exploring the jungle and girls who found themselves running across China with a dragon and stone. Sunggyu loved them all. It wasn’t out of the ordinary to find the younger boy slashing through the playground bars, playing jungle boy with Soryong, his faithful and often clueless little assistant.

 

Sunggyu was an adventurer, an explorer of the playground and the sandpit. He was a pirate, a hero, a spy – anything he wanted to be. He was infinity. There were infinite possibilities. He knew it from the start.

 

So one day, while he was playing the great Indiana Jones in his house, he stumbled across a box. It was very big; but not too big to be considered out of the ordinary. To the small Sunggyu, however, it looked like a castle – like it could enclose him away in it. Sunggyu knew it was just waiting to be explored. He prodded it curiously, satisfied by the empty clatter it seemed to make. He decided it would be a good place to start his adventures.

 

“And so,” he self-narrated, holding his sword up high, “the great Kim Sunggyu enters the brown lair of all evil. What can be in store? What will he find?”

 

The small boy prodded the box again, hoping it would tip over. It did not. He tried again, and again, and again, until finally the box gave in and fell to its side. The entrance of Sunggyu’s brown lair was now visible.

 

“Ha-ha!” He declared. “It has an opening!”

 

Explorer Kim Sunggyu poked the box once again with his toe, deciding then and there it was safe to enter. He ran daringly into the box, slashing his plastic sword around to annihilate any unforeseen monsters. Muffled cries of ‘ha-ha!’ and ‘I got you!’ could be heard outside of the box, though no one paid much attention. From outside, it looked like a young boy playing explorer in a box made for a self-assemble table.

 

Kim Sunggyu knew none of this though. He was an explorer of infinity – an adventurer of no limits. He had had a fascination of the concept of being infinite since he was five. He couldn’t remember why – something about snow globes and pretty little specks of glitter – but still to this day it intrigued him. He was therefore not just Kim Sunggyu, the explorer, but Kim Sunggyu, the explorer of infinity.

 

He laughed quietly to himself. Yes, he decided, it had a nice ring to it.

 

Finally, he reached the end of the box. There, he saw a warning sign. It made him stop, just for a few seconds, and made him think. Did warning signs apply to great explorers such as himself? He wasn’t really sure. He squinted his eyes at the sign, trying to make out the other words. Some of them he didn’t know, but he assumed they were lists of dangers; warnings of the dragons and monsters which could be ahead. Shall he pass? He pondered over this dilemma for a few seconds.

 

From the outside, the box rattled in his confusion.

 

Finally, he decided he, Kim Sunggyu, was an exception. He smiled, pleased with himself, and daringly pushed open the box, giggling in delight as it gave way. Explorer Kim Sunggyu was on his first adventure alone – his first solo mission. Sunggyu blinked a few times.

 

He really was on an adventure.

 


 

(A/N: I will make it by the deadline. I have hope \o/ LOL yes very little chance but there is hope. Therefore, uhh, something of a hiatus - not social because I have no friends - but something of a I reply really slowly or not at all. Yup. I will get up approximately ten chapters within these two weeks somewhat polished and ready. As for my other stories, give them a few days these two weeks will be nothing but constant notifications because I will be productive. Yes. I also hope my attempt at fantasy is somewhat acceptable. SOMEWHAT COUNTS AS DECENT OKAY GUYS.)