True Feelings

Alyson's Adventures in Wonderland

While I strummed my guitar, someone entered the room, I froze.

 

"Don't stop playing," came the quiet voice.

 

I turned around to find Dongho, he was crawling on the floor getting closer. I just watched him particularly, trying to figure his odd behavior. He crawled all the way to lay down right in front of me on the floor.

 

"You have such a pretty voice when you sing, keep going," he continued. "I could just fall asleep to it."

 

"It seems like everything could put you asleep." I removed the guitar and set on the bed beside me.

 

He looked at me questioning my movements . "Please don't stop, we don't get to hear music that much anymore." He looked right at me with a little smirk.

 

I narrowed my eyes and leaned in towards him, "whys that?"

 

"Why?," he looked at me shocked. "This land use to be full of fun characters, but now," he paused and dropped his head. "Now this world is harsh and strict again, I haven't seen the prince smile ever since this war started, he's no fun anymore, none of the guys are as fun as they use to be. And my best friends, don't sing anymore while we have tea. That use to be the highlight of my day, seeing the hare and the hatter making jokes and singing," he looked up with tear filled eyes, "now this world is so dull, it feels like there is no color anymore, but, with you here,"  he paused again, tears started to run down his face, but even with the tears he could smile a little, "with you here there is a spark of a chance for the prince, my friends, and all the other creatures in this world to smile and sing again. that's all I want, I want to see them all happy again."

 

I started to tear up, I tried to wipe away the tears before they could fall. I got down on the floor next to him, wrapping my arm around to pull him in close. He grabbed a hold of my clothing, I placed my other hand on the back of his head to comfort him. I closed my eyes and started to hum a fimiliar tune, the lullaby my mother would sing to me when I was little.

 

He looked up at me, "please make this world what it use to be." He released his hands and wrapped his arms around me, placing his head in the crook of my neck.

 

"I can try." I whispered, not sure if I could actually do it since I have no clue what was actually going on. Him telling me all of this, mad me very confused, 'I guess if I want to go home, I'll have to do whatever it takes.'

 

The room stayed silent for awhile, until I heard the click of the door opening. 'I guess no one in this house knows how to knock.' I looked up at the door, "Eli?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Aish," sighed the prince. "I don't know if she is ready to face what's a head of her."

 

"She'll be fine," AJ smiled at him. "Remember all the other times, she'll be no different."

 

"Still it's hard to believe she's even the same girl." The prince stared at the wall.

 

"Soohyun, just think, she looks the same as.."

 

"Don't say her name." Soohyun snapped. "Don't even mention her in front of me." He looked down, his hands in fists. He snired at the thought. "If it wasn't for me she would still be here, by my side as my princess."

 

"You know the best thing to do is to treat Allison as you did in her previous life." AJ looked at him as he placed a hand on Soohyun's back. "Just remember not to say her old name," AJ warned him.

 

The prince looked up at him. "What will happen if someone does say one of her old names?"

 

AJ looked him dead In the eyes. "Honestly," he paused and looked away, "I don't know, it's something that's unpredictable."

 

Soohyun stared a him, speachless. As the Cheshire Cat he was suppose to know everything, past, present, and future.

 

"The future is really blurry right now, everything is changing, and I'm unsure what's going to happen." AJ shook his head in defeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eli?" I felt like I was seeing a ghost, "Eli oppa!" I smiled a little bit once I realized I wasn't seeing things.

 

He slammed the door making Dongho jump a little, he sat up, "What's going on?"

 

Before I could hear his question I was out the door after Eli.

 

Eli was an old friend we grew up on the same street and our parents where close friends, he might of been a year older than me but he treated me as an equal. We were practically insuperable, a lot of people thought we were twins cause we did everything together, our parents would even try and dress us up in similar clothing which really didn't help any. Once he got into middle school, we started to go our separate ways, he found some guy friends and would put me off to the side, due to the . He became apart of the popular crowd, while I was in the group of artists and geeks.

 

As the years passed by and we really didn't see each other except the occasional passing in the hallway, we would smile and say hello, but nothing special. Until my sophomore year of high school, Eli and I actually had a lot of our classes together, choir, art, sociology, and a lot more electives. It was strange cause the classes didn't seem like the ones he would be interested in. Also he would sit by me, if he could, instead of his friends. Also we really didn't make conversation, so everything felt awkward between us, and then group project where on another level cause he wouldn't give me a chance to work with my friends, he would instantly grab my arm, raise his hand, and say "Ally and I are a group."

 

One day during lunch, I was sitting with my group of friends having a very random conversation like always. Out of nowhere, Eli comes up behind me and gives me a back hug, I sit there frozen with his head on my shoulder. My friends are just sitting there in a daze with questionable looks on their faces.

 

"Can I borrow Ally for a couple minutes?" He looked around the table with a smile.

 

My friends just shook their heads in a yes motion. They where not to sure of what to make of the situation.

 

"Good" he lifted me out of my seat and drug me to a private area of the school. "Ally,"he started off, his voice seemed a little shaky, which was sorta odd for a confidant jock, "this might seem kind of out of nowhere, and strange." He paused to catch his breath and to think of his next line. "Prom is coming up, and I was kind of wondering," he paused again.

 

I just stared at him strangely, I really didn't like where he was going with this, I wasn't the type to go to school dances. But, it is prom, and my junior year, I probably won't ever go again.

 

"Ally will you be my date?" He turned his head slightly, while shutting his eyes tightly. "I've been trying to reconnect with you but it's not working out like I hoped and I just want us to become close again."

 

"Sure," I replied back to him with a slight giggle.

 

He opened one eye and looked at me, "Really?"

 

I smiled at him and shook my head.

 

"Yes," he shouted through the hallway and started to walk away.

 

"Hey," I shouted at him.

 

He turned around, "what?"

 

"Shouldn't I be treated a little bit better now?"

 

"Well come on then," he motioned at me to get next to him.

 

I ran up beside him and smiled at him.

 

"Hey twin." He winked at me.

 

As the weeks passed, Eli and I got close again, as if the years a part never happened. I realized how much I missed him and how incomplete my life was without him. My feelings for him grew stronger than just as a close friend, that once prom day finally hit I was wreck. I was so unsure of my actions, what if he doesn't like my dress, or my hair, what if my make up makes my look like a stripper? But my friends knocked some since into me, and told me he probably just wants to stay friends and nothing more due to the fact that we where childhood friends and he most likely didn't want to ask some stranger out.

 

The night was great, a lovely dinner, a limousine, a lot of dancing. It was just a fantastic night to be with friends. That once me and Eli got back home, he stopped me from going in.

 

"Alyson," he sighed. "I'm sorry. This will be the last night." He looked me dead in the eyes.

 

"what do you mean?" I was confused.

 

"I'm leaving."

 

I stayed silent.

 

"I'm never coming back, Alyson."

 

"You're running away from home? Why?"

 

"I found the true place I belong, where I'm always happy."

 

"You're not happy here?"

 

"Alyson, those years apart where for the good of us, I was changing and so where you, we live in different worlds, I'm happy, but not truly happy."

 

"I don't understand?"

 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him to hug me tight. "I love you Alyson, I'm truly happy with you but in this world we can't be happy together. I need a place where I am happy all the time."

 

"You love me?" I felt so blindsided.

 

"I love you with all my heart, not as a friend or as a sister, but as something much more." With that said I started crying, Eli wiped away my tears and kissed my lips. "I think it's time to take you in." He picked me up and took me inside. Once we reached my room, he placed me in bed, tears running down my face. "Alyson, good bye."

 

I grabbed his hand, "don't leave me Eli."

 

"I have to go, goodbye," he kissed my forehead and slipped his hand out of my grasp and out my door.


I ran down the hallway chasing after him, "Eli, come back here now!!"