The Double Windsor

The Double Windsor

 


“How the hell do I do this again?” Youngbae thought to himself as he fiddled with his tie. He usually had his stylists do it for him and he always wore casual clothes outside of work.

He checked his watch, a rolex that Teddy had gifted him for his birthday the previous year and that he only wore on special occasions. “He should be here in twenty minutes” he said to himself as he hurried towards the bathroom.

He would have tried to rush while shaving but he knew that was a recipe for disaster, so he took his time being careful not to cut himself and not to get any shaving cream on his suit. “Maybe I should have changed after I shaved” he thought as his phone vibrated.

“I’m here. I’m coming up, I know you’re not ready yet.”

Youngbae put the phone in his pocket and continued shaving. Teddy walked into the hotel room shortly after Youngbae read his text, “you in the bathroom?” he called out.

Youngbae finished wiping down his face and walked out into the room to greet his boyfriend.

Teddy smiled at Bae and leaned down to kiss him, “your face smells good,” he said as he lifted his hand to Bae’s cheek “close shave, I taught you well.” Youngbae smiled, “you look so good in a suit why don’t you wear one more often?”

“Because I’d rather be comfortable. Why don’t you wear one more often?” Teddy mirrored Bae’s question.

“Because I can’t tie a tie to save my life,” Bae laughed.

“I can see that,” Teddy said as he grabbed Bae’s tie “double windsor looks best,” he said as he fixed it. Youngbae looked down at how graceful Teddy’s movements were. “Thanks,” he smiled, “I’m ready now,” Bae said.

“Alright but before we leave, happy 25th,” said Teddy as he handed him a small box wrapped in red and black wrapping paper.

“I told you I didn’t want a gift,” Youngbae pouted “this hotel, the suit and the dinner is more than enough.”

“Oh shut up and open it,” Teddy said, placing the gift in Bae’s hands.

Youngbae opened it carefully, making sure not to rip the wrapping paper too much. He set the it on the table next to them and proceeded to shake the box next to his ear.

“Really?” said Teddy playfully.

Bae opened the small box and was greeted with a bracelet, “chrome hearts?” he asked.

Teddy smiled, “I hope you like it” and took it out of the box, putting it on Bae’s wrist.

Youngbae noticed that Teddy was wearing an identical bracelet “couple jewelry?” he asked with a shy smile.

Teddy blushed a bit “check the inside of the bracelet.”

Youngbae moved the bracelet around on his wrist with his right hand until he saw the word “mine” carved into the bracelet in cursive.

He looked up at Teddy and flashed a huge smile. Teddy knew Bae was into that cheesy .

“Mine says ‘yours’” said Teddy, holding his wrist out and showing Youngbae.

Youngbae grabbed the wrist that Teddy held out and pulled him towards the door “come on we’re gonna be late.”

“It’s not like it really matters, I reserved the whole restaurant,” said Teddy with a slight smirk.

“That’s such a waste of money” Youngbae said as he turned to face Teddy and rolled his eyes.

“It’s not a waste if I’m spending it on you.”

Youngbae smiled up at his boyfriend and got on his tip toes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

~

The drive was rather long but it passed by quickly as the couple conversed as the buildings and trees hazily flashed by.

Teddy got used to driving with his left hand because his right hand was occupied holding Youngbae’s.

Teddy’s hand was always comforting, whether it was holding Bae’s hand, caressing his face, or the goosebumps on his inner thighs.

The car always turned into a karaoke bar. Teddy would laugh at how adorable Bae was when he tripped up on his English while he sang along to the songs on the radio. Bae would nudge Teddy and beg for an impromptu rap performance, “come on I know you know the lyrics.”

Teddy would get slight performance anxiety but end up doing the rap verses of songs while Bae sang the chorus. They loved each-others voices, and they sounded great together.

~

They finally arrived at the restaurant. Youngbae had never been but he trusted Teddy’s taste. Teddy parked the car “ valet” and they went inside.

The restaurant was empty save for 3 workers and one candle lit table in the middle of the room. The waiter was an older gentleman who had no idea who the two men were, all he knew was that one of them was paying him to leave them be after the meals had arrived.

“You should get the filet mignon,” Teddy said, turning his menu around to show Youngbae.

“You order for me.”

“Fine. I’ll get the filet mignon and he’ll have the alfredo,”Teddy said to the waiter.

“And to drink this evening?” replied the waiter.

“A bottle of chardonnay please,” Teddy replied.

The waiter took their menus and walked away.

“But you’re driving,” Youngbae said.

“One glass won’t hurt.”

~

They conversed over the candle light. Teddy talked about his plans to travel to America in the summer, “come with me.”

Youngbae couldn’t go because he would be too busy with Big Bang’s world tour “we’ll travel after the tour is over.”

Talking to Teddy felt so natural, he made Bae laugh and blush all within 30 seconds. He had a way with words, as any rapper should, and Youngbae was always jelly in his hands.

They finished their meal and continued to sit and talk for a while before Teddy paid the bill.

“Do you wanna go back to the hotel?”

“Yeah I’m getting kind of tired,” replied Bae.

“Well you’re not sleeping any time soon.”