Lonely

Christmas Farewell [ CURRENTLY REWRITING ]

Grim Reaper's POV :

Alright. I need to be calm. It is definitely not my first time, it's a penalty, yes, i admit i was wrong, using your own power to get an iced americano just because you don't have money is a BAD IDEA, uhuh, totally commited a sin.

BUT WHY THE HECK AM I STUCKED IN THIS KIND OF ODD SITUATION?!

that ghost who forgot everything was lying limp on the sidewalk.

my payment for this month had been cut off by 80%

paperworks piled up on my desk, regarding the cases of lost souls that was left ignored by the sunbaenims ( THOSE LAZY BUM WAIT TILL I GET A HIGHER RANK ) 

what could possibly be worse than this? 

"ALRIGHT GIMMIE WHAT YOU GOT," I screamed in anger, challenging the higher ups. Well, they won't hear it anyways

"BOOM!" a loud thunder with a lightning strike, pierce through the sky. I startled. Perhaps, they heard it?

Raindrops starting to fell from the sky, followed by a heavy downpour, drenching my coat, as if i was taking a shower. 

I wasn't expecting any of these. I regret everything I said. "I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SINCERLY TAKE IT BACK," I yelled, yet the downpour keeps on getting worse

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!" I screamed in vain, falling onto my knees. Challenging the higher ups is definitely not a good idea, noted. With that female ghost lying infront of me, i am so devastated. 

I stood up, to walk away from her, I QUIT doing this. This is just too much. This burden and annoyance this ghost had given to me is unbearable. IF YOU HEARD THIS PLEASE LET ME GO I RATHER HAVE MY SALARY FOR THIS MONTH TO BE CUT COMPLETELY THAN DOING THIS KIND OF THING.

"BOOM!" another thunder strike. Damn, guess i had no choice. I let out a deep sigh.

Carefully, i carried up the ghost, princess style (again, because it was the easiest and the most comfortable way) but she was too heavy adding up the weight of my drenched coat. I kicked open a door, hopefully my teleportation skill was not banned by the higher ups, wishing it would take us directly to my home as i took a step forward through the door. 

I let out a relieved sigh, praising god for at least have mercy on me. I sighed a lot today, considering the odd and annoying situation that i've been into. I put her on my couch before going into the room to clean myself up. I definitely had the longest and possibly the hardest day in my life today and i won't be able to get enough sleep due to the paperworks. Hopefully tomorrow turns out better.

-----------------------------------------------

19 Dec 2017

Kyuhyun's POV 

Today, i was discharged from the hospital, finally. I was told to rest some more but for some reasons, i didn't want too. Staying in the hospital made me feel sick. The bitter smell of medicine, the not-so-good meals, the uncomfortable hospital bed, the constant doctor visit, makes me want to puke. Eventhough i was placed in the vip room, i didn't feel special at all. Sometimes, i felt like i'm missing someone so much to the point i cried without realising it. Probably someone from my lost memory. I couldn't remember who it was. Even when i was surrounded by who they claimed themselves to be my family, i didn't feel happy at all, or better, instead, I was very sad, and lonely, like i'm missing something. Something so important.

I've talked to the psychiatrist, because that woman who claimed herself as my mother, forced me to. In order to get better, i need to get my mental health in a good condition too. But to no avail, neither the psychiatrist or mom herself could understand my condition.

Me too, realised that i'm in a complicate situation. So i've decided to move on from my possibly dark past, starting a new life. I could still feel casual pain on my head, as an after-surgery effect, but it would be gone after taking some pain killers. Doctor said it was normal, so i wouldn't have to worry much and focus on recovering.

Apparently, my family, was one of the richest in Korea. I heard this while eavesdropping to the nurses' gossips. It was confirmed by me personally because i rode a fancy black luxurious limo back 'home'. I wasn't expecting they to be this rich, but maybe I could start a new life by being the 'rich kid' 

The house, is a mansion, apparently, so big, complete with a swiming pool and a golf field behind the house. There were many rooms, beside bedrooms, some are rooms for the maids, there's one big room as the main library, a study room, the office, where my father usually work at, the women's clothing room, the men's clothing room and not to forget, the music room. 

I was in awe when i first saw my own room. There was a guitar by the queen-sized bed, along with cd records stacked nicely on the rack, from classical to pop. I then realise that i liked music very much.

"Young master, this is your bedroom. If you're unstatisfied with any of the decorations, we can change it to however you like," mr kim, my butler said. I turned to him, smiling.

"This is okay, i'm fine with these and you don't have to call me young master. Just call me Kyuhyun," I said, taking my bags from him 

"And I can do these myself," 

"But young mast-," I turned around, glaring at him

"I mean, Kyuhyun-ssi,"

"It's okay, you may leave now. I'm going to change and clean myself up,"

"Alright, do you want your breakfast to be sent to your room or you prefer eating in the dining hall?" 

"I think i'm going to eat in my own room, thanks," i said, smiling. Mr kim nodded and i closed the door before sliding my back to it. 

My heart.. I felt like it was being crushed, stomped on a hundred times. I winced in pain, closing my eyes tightly, clenching my fist to my chest. 

 

"Listen, if they won't accept you, we could just run away together-,"

"No! oppa i don't want to! No-," she cried

"Trust me, this is the only way, we could build our own family together, we could make money by making music,"

"But-," 

 

I opened my eyes, panting. Cold sweat formed on my forehead. The pain had finally gone, I struggled to stand up, then landed myself on the bed.

Just who is she, making me like this? I lay my back on the bed, exhausted after remembering such incident. That was probably a piece of memory that i had lost.

And it was still incomplete.

-------------------------------------------

Grim Reaper's POV:

I. AM. SO. EXHAUSTED. I rested my head on the desk for a while. I haven't been able to sleep since last night, thanks to the pile of work they gave me. I don't want to see any more chinese characters. Who write in ancient chinese characters anyways these days? We have standard hangul. I think i need another shot of iced americano. 

"Oh, mr Grim Reaper, what are you doing?" a voice, almost like a whisper said, sending chills to my spine. I statled, looking around.

"OH MY GOODNESS! You could give me a heart attack!" I yelled. That annoying ghost had finally woken up. 

"So a grim reaper could also get a heart attack?" she asked and i knew very much she was being sarcastic. What a disgraceful pure being. 

"That is not funny," I said, with a stern face, looking at her, leaning against the wooden chair. She giggled.

"Look! i can do this," she moved across the sofa in the room, walked through the walls, and floated around happily.

"Well obviously because you are a ghost," I said, rolling my eyes

"If you don't have anything better to do, can you just leave me alone," I continued, sighing

"Well i don't want to, so let me play around for awhile," she said playfully went through my body. 

What have I done to recieve this kind of disrespect? Unable to hold my anger any longer I turned around and grabbed her neck, pinned her to the wall.

"OUCH! LET ME GO!" she pleaded

"Nobody, had ever messed up with a grim reaper, specifically me," I said, in a deep hoarse voice so that she would be terrified. but no. that face clearly showed that she was unimpressed. 

"What so you're going to choke me to death? I'm dead already, remember?" she said, sinking herself into the wall then went out from it again, dusting her not-dirty-at-all white gown. 

I'm beat. I'm so tired I need rest. But I got like 100 more documents needed to be fill in. In this kind of situation, I was very much desperate. 

I weekly reached the drawer below my desk and opened it to see a sealed pocket knife. I took the knife and it ignite a blue flame

"Wait what are you doing?" the ghost said, backing off

"This knife, was used by many grim reapers to destroy lost souls, i don't know if it'll work with a pure soul like you," I glared at her. She surely looked terrified, which is cute. She was indeed beautiful for a ghost. 

"Wanna try it? You'll turn into ashes as soon as you touch it," i said, sending her a cold stare

"IM SO SORRY I WON'T DO IT AGAIN PLEASE FORGIVE ME MR GRIM REAPER!" she pleaded, making a full bow, probably too desperate to 'live' ironically, since she was alreay dead. I chuckled. This was fun!

"What's so funny? You literally scare the death off me," she said, standing up straight, facing me again.

"Go take a can of iced americano from the refrigerator for me, please," i ordered

"What? Why would I-," i glared at her, showing her the knife

"FINE!" she said, as she disappeared through the walls.

-------------------

Kyuhyun's POV : 

I had changed my clothes and took a nice, warm bath. I felt cleansed as I walked out of the bathroom, wiping my hair

'knock,knock,' I turned around, walked towards the door and opened it. 

"Here's your breakfast, young master," the maid said, holding a tray filled with some grape, french tost and a cup of hot latte.

"Yeah, put it on the table," I said, turning away and sat by the bed, reaching for the guitar. I looked at the carving at the back of the guitar,

'K <3 Y' 

The carving gave a nostalgic feeling about it. Now that I think about it, the girl haunting that had been my dreams must had a name started with the letter 'Y'. I smiled, hoping that girl, whatever horrible situation we were in which results in me having an amnesia, is in a better place, at least.

"Young.. master?" the maid called, i turned to her. She gasped

"Why are you crying?" she asked

"Huh? Oh.. Oh my.. No.. Nothing," I flustered, as I wiped the tears on my cheeks.

"You can go now," I said and she bowed and went away, closing the door.

And i'm back, to being lonely, in this luxurious bedroom, recollecting my lost past memories that weren't enough yet.

Just what happened to us?

-------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV 

"WHAT? What do you say?!" Mr Cho burst in rage, slamming down the documents on the office table, standing up as butler Kim tell him that one of the maids reported to him that she saw the young master crying for no reason.

"What should we do? He had just come back, after so long," Mrs Cho, who was sitting on the sofa cried, sobbing. Mr Cho walked towards her, giving her an embrace.

"Don't worry, he won't be able to remember, trust me," he said, patting her back. She nodded.

"I don't care what you do! Prevent him from going out at any cost! Watch over him! Get me 5 bodyguards to watch over him! We can't make the same mistake again!" he ordered furiously.

"Yes, master!" Mr kim said, before exiting the room.

----------------------------------------------

Your POV :

'SO THIS IS HOW IT BECOMES HUH? I'm a GHOST and on top of that a MAID for this ANNOYING grim reaper. Thank god he got the looks or else i would've PUNCH HIM RIGHT ON HIS FACE,' you thought

"I heard that you know!," the grim reaper said, from across the room

'Great, now he can even read my mind,' you rolled your eyes

"Yes I surely can, you know. How long are you going to take to bring over the iced americano? A decade?" he said, as you opened the fridge, taking out a can of iced americano

"AN ETERNITY!" You yelled, as you slammed the fridge door

You were walking trough the walls, towards the grim reaper's room when suddenly you stopped, to lookat the window without blinds. The sun shine through you, so bright, almost blidning. You looked at the cold iced americano can.

"He hates iced americano," you giggled even though you don't know anything about what you're saying.

And when you realise it, you felt lonely.

Empty.

For you don't know what it is.

That was when a drop of hot tear fell down your cheek, frustrated for not being able to remember a thing.

"YAH! Can I get an iced americano like, RIGHT NOW?!" the grim reaper's yell snapped you back from your own thoughts. you wiped your tears quickly.

"IM COMING!" you yelled back

'Why can't this guy be a little more patient?' you sighed

"YAH!" he yelled again

"HERE'S YOUR AMERICANO, MASTER!" You said, as you arrived at his room, slamming down the canned iced amerinao

"Thanks," he said,opening the can and drank it

'Annoying,' you said, sitting down on a sofa

"STOP IT," he said, as he glared at you. It wasn't even scary anymore so you turn away with a 'hmph'

--------------------------------------------

HELLO! Author-nim's here! as you can see, Kyu's charcter is kinda emo/angsty xD I tried to make him a bit cheerful tho but it doesn't work, considering the genre (and i do believe an emo kyuhyun is very attractive don't mind me i'm weird). Anyways, here's the update! Stayed up for this. Sorry if it is too long i tried to make this story with less chapters that is why i crampped all sort of stuff in one chap, hope you enjoy it!

Do leave a comment and if you haven't subscribe yet, please do so <3 I'll be really happy!

SARANGHAE <3 xoxo