Tomorrow

Anything

The rest of their evening was smooth, they ate dinner with Gerald's mother, who would not stop smiling and going on about how happy she was to see them together. Kim could only blush and shyly grin as Gerald's eyes would not tear away from her, and as his hands gently caressed hers as he held it beneath the table. Mrs. Anderson's smile reached her ears as she observed the couple before her, so naturally sweet, and perfect for one another.

Finally, they finished most of the food on the table, Mrs. Anderson already packing some of the left overs for Kim into plastic containers.
Kim and Gerald were only staring at one another, their eyes speaking, their hands intertwined. Gerald suddenly smiled, making Kim mirror his actions, he then laughed as she poked him at his sides which happened to be his weak spot, Kim made a face and then laughed with him as their hands still tightly intertwined with one another, making Gerald's mother curiously look over to the to lovebirds still seated at the dinner table.

"Waah! Naloloka na ako sa inyo ha!"
(Waah! I'm going crazy because of the both of you!)

Kim and Gerald smiled and Ge stood up. He cleared the table as Kim stayed seated and watched her man clean, making her feel bad for just staying seated, and making her want to clean with him.

"Beh. I want to help.."

Gerald glanced up at Kim and made a face that showed his answer.

"There's no need to, I'm almost done."

As she watched him walk past her, he planted a kiss on her forehead, Kim sighed as she smiled and stood up to stand beside Mrs. Anderson, watching her place the many containers of food into a plastic bag.

"Naku Tita! Ang dami! Hindi ko yan uubisin, sayang lang."
(Theres so much! I won't finish it, it would be a waste.)

"Nonsense! May roomate ka diba? Yung Rick?"
(Nonsense! You have a roomate don't you? The Rick guy?)

Gerald cleared his throat from behind them and his mother let out a chortle, Kim just smiled in response to her laugh.

"Hindi tita, wala sya until Sunday."
(No auntie, his not home until Sunday)

"Ohs? Bakit naman?"
(Oh? Why?)

Kim's eyes widened. What was she to say now? She fumbled with her words and couldn't think of a good enough reason.

"Uh.--he..-- he didn't really give me a reason why..."

She let out a nervous laugh and toyed with the plastic bag infront of her. Gerald stopped washing the dishes and dried his hands, he placed them at the back of Kim's waist and curiously looked at her.

"Okay ka lang beh?"
(Are you okay beh?)

Kim knew Gerald could see right through her, she just nodded and held in a sigh of relief as Gerald's mother spoke before she did.

"Sus Geraldo, okay lang yung special girl mo, sige na drop off mo na si Kim, 9pm na o! Baka ma late pa yan bukas!"
(Gosh Gerald, your special girl is just fine. Okay, go and drop off Kim, its already 9pm, she might be late tommorow!)

"No, really, I can handle it from here, taxi nalang ako."
(I'll just take a taxi)

Gerald looked at Kim as if she were crazy, he grabbed the plastic bags from her hands and kissed his mother on the cheek.

"The hell you are. I'm taking you home, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't take you home?"

Kim scoffed then let out a twinkling laugh, she also kissed Mrs Anderson on the cheek and then replied to Gerald's question.

"Not a very good one."

Gerald smiled and then they left the house hand in hand, as they walked towards the car, their talk was continued.

"And, my aim is to please."

His eyes glistened in mischief as the lights in the car were dim but his eyes shone from the light of the moon and the stars, a playful smile was playing on his lips. Kim moistened her lips with her tongue and then she whispered against his lips..

"You definetely please."

He resisted temptation and decided he would claim her lips when he dropped her home, they didn't talk, they didn't make a sound, the silence between them was magical and neither of them wanted to break it.

They arrived at her flat, his hand guiding her to the door like a true gentleman. She keyed the door and placed the bag of food on the table beside the entrance. He patiently stood outside, waiting until the door was open, when she finally opened the door, he smiled and took her waist from behind, finally breaking the silence.

"Goodnight Ms Chiu."

She smiled as she turned towards him, her arms over his muscular shoulders and her hands intertwined behind his nape, his own clasped behind the small of her back, they looked into eachothers eyes, again, their eyes were speaking. Pain wasn't evident in Gerald anymore, it had been replaced, replaced by the one woman that he loved, and the one woman that loved him back.

Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu.

Her name was just as beautiful as her overall appearance, he decided that though there isn't such a thing as being perfect, Kim was the closest to the word perfect, she was flawlessly beautiful, undeniably smart, and most importantly she had a heart, a heart that she never closed, and had always left open, for her family, for her friends, for her patients, and most especially, for Gerald. For him.

"I love you Kimmy.."

Was all he could whisper, and love was all he could feel. She had a broad smile on her face, her eyes twinkling with laughter, happiness and everything wonderful. She gazed ever so lovingly into Gerald's eyes, raising herself to reach his lips, he lifted her and laughter erupted from both of them, just before their lips joined in one of the most passion filled kisses, Gerald or Kim had ever experienced. Their tongues began an endless war which seemed to last for hours, they stood in eachother's arms in front of the door of the flat, the moon and the stars being their only source of light. They pulled away breathless and she responded with tear filled eyes.

"I love you more, so much more."

and he knew she meant it. She meant it with every living cell in her body. He pulled away and wiped away her tears, planting kisses on her forehead, her nose and both of her cheeks.

"Tomorrow."

He said as he walked backwards towards his car, his eyes still glued on the beautiful woman he was undeniably, madly, indubitably, in love with. She gave a slight nod and smiled as she repeated what he had said.

"Tomorrow."

She watched his car drive away and then blew a kiss, knowing he was looking in the rear view mirror. She closed the door as she saw no more light from his car, she went to her bedroom and sighed as her smile never faltered, she dressed into her home clothes and curled herself up in her doona with the biggest smile on her face, her eyes closing as a light whisper escaped her lips before she succumbed to a deep slumber.

"Tomorrow.."