Late

love is blind

 

 

 

 

 

The light peek through the soft pink curtain and that disturb me tough. I pull up my comforter cover up my whole face to avoid from the bright. I’m on my way to continue my sleep but then… before that, I should know what time it is.

 

‘SCHOOL!!!!’ I scream looking at the 7:13 am shown on the clock beside my bed. Craps, I know this would happen since I went to the bed late last night- doing the revisions. I think Yonghwa and Krystal probably are already at school now

I quickly change my pajama into the uniform, at the same time I take my tooth paste and brush my teeth. Yaicks, I shocked at my own reflection on the wall mirror. I don’t have time to spruce my hair. So, I just tie it up. Done.

 

Then, I walk down the stair, 2 steps at once. I see my father’s reading the newspaper while having his coffee. He has a glance at me.

‘You’re wake up, finally’, he said continue his reading

‘Appa, why don’t you wake me up? See your daughter is now late to attend school’.

‘But I did woke you up and you didn’t budge an inch as usual’

I don’t have time to get my breakfast, so I just pass the dining table and direct myself to outside. I tie up my shoelace and get ready to speed up. I hear my father call my name while I running, probably he doesn’t want me to skip the breakfast. ‘Sorry appa, but your daughter-the best school prefect ever can’t be late for the morning assembly’.

 

The examination is around the corner. So, I just want to try to stay up late likes other kids in my age would do. I never stay up late before, because I would finish all the revisions in the evening. And I don’t usually take much time doing school works, I think the longest I would spend only 1 hour a day? Maybe.

 I don’t remember when the last time I revise. Yongwha said I shouldn’t worry since my grade is tick top already, then I would be his target to be his play-mate or the one who will sing the song that he composed. But, from now on, the term ‘”stay-up late” are really not for me, I shouldn’t do that anymore or else this incident would be repeat again.

 

I can see all the students are ready to be in their class lines during the assembly. But the school gate is yet too far to reach. Not enough with that, I see the school guard is ready to close the main gate. No! This can’t be happen to the best-school-perfect ever. I shout from a far. ‘Ajusshi! Wait.’ I see him ignore me, but he stop drag the gate when he see me.

‘Oh, Mr. Jung’s daughter. How can you be late for the first time?’ he ask me while allow me to get inside the school.

‘erm.. Alarm’s problem’ I make a lame excuse. I see him chuckles then, let me free- it’s not hard since I never be late before and this is all about my father’s influence- many people respect him as he always helps other indeed.

 

But then, my luck is not being on my side again. I see the discipline teacher, Mr. Lee Sugyeon is wandering around looking for the late students. O.M.G! How can I get through this resistant now? Next, I see him dart his sight to me.

 

‘I’m dead!’

 

But it seems fate still do be on my side .‘Yes, jung Jessica. Do you finish supervise the late students?’ he ask me as he thought that I’m just finish doing my duty.

 

I can’t give the answer, I never lie before and I will never ever try to lie. I can see he see my bag at my back and start to make some cough- maybe he knows the reason now. I wait for his punishment, but then I hear his command.

 

‘Yes, Jung Jessica. You may take place in the line’ he let me go, I can’t believe it. But to avoid him to change his mind, I start to walk away.

 

Then, I hear he whispers, ‘don’t ever think to do that ever again, the best-school-prefect shi’. He told me. I still thankful him since he didn’t take any action on me.

 

‘Thanks, Mr.Lee’ I begin to walk away, but I see someone look at us, while make an annoyed face. 

I think he knows what just happen and I can hear that he say ‘tchh.. how can the teacher let go the late student even though she’s a prefect-that’s bias’.

 

I walk near to the line where he stands and make a step on his right foot as hard as I could. Then, I fasten my pace to avoid being caught. I hear he yelp in pain.

‘Serve you right, boy’.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

I saw Mr. Lee let go the prefect who is late to get on time to school and I’m really annoyed with that. How can a teacher be bias with his own students.

 

 ‘tchh.. How can the teacher let go the late student even though she’s a prefect-that’s bias’. I said that as I know the prefect would most probably listen to it. And that’s my real intention.

 

 

Next thing I know is I feel a heavy weigh on my right foot. She steps on my new branded shoe! How dare she is! I yell at her but she’s already afar from me and I can reminisce the same figure before- aha! The library’s girl! I want to catch her. But the headmaster begins to deliver his speech, so I remain standing at my old spot.

 

‘Why Jiyong shi? There’s something wrong?’ my classmate- a good new friend ask me, Jung Yongwha. He just stands in front of me, but he probably didn’t see the girl who just steps on my limited edition shoe! If not, I would be asking him about the problematic girl just now.

 

‘Yes, it is. A prefect just step on my Berluti’s shoe’ I told him while showing the direction of the prefect walked away.

 

He tries to sneak a peek at the way I pointed- and I know it’s just wasted since she’s already gone.

 

‘She’s probably doesn’t like you that much’ he said bluntly and chuckle looking at my expression.

‘Yes, most probably you don’t like me, the-problematic-prefect. But we’ll meet one day to solve all the mess you do to me’ I monologue. Then I try to endure the pain that start to crawl over my foot and focus at the speech.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hey, readers. Double update!

 Thanks for reading this ff.

Though, I feel that my writing is really bad, the increase subscribers really inspire me to continue.

And I’m really thankful 2 all my subs. Kamsahamida. U’re really make my day. ^_^

FYI, I can update for this time being since I’ll going to my grandma’s house.

So, I hope you guys can be patient with me.

Sorry guys..

But I will make sure to update a.s.a.p when I come back home again.. ^_^