It’s too late to know me~

It’s too late to know me

*This story would be on HyunMi’s POV :) kumowo~

 

 

They say, your first love is really beautiful. This makes me believe that our first love is like a flower, for it is beautiful and precious. I always believed that this is true, but when I had my first love, I came to realize that our first love is really a flower which may bloom and sometimes might not last when you don’t know how to take care of it. I experienced this flower blooming first love with a guy named, Lee Donghae.

 

(flashback)

How I wish he felt the same way towards me. But I think he really likes someone right now because he always visits my shop to buy my favorite flower. Does he even know that it’s my favorite flower? How I wish I was the lucky girl~

*someone taps the table*

OMO! I think he’s here~ I need to be composed! *looks up*

Aigoo~ It was just Mrs. Jung! Stupid me~

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted and she smiled

I wonder why does she buy flowers everyday~ Anyway, it’s none of my business.

She went back and paid for the white roses she picked then left.

Aigoo… I’m all alone again~ When is he co---- *someone taps the table again*

Is it him? *I hope so~*

I looked up and saw the face of the person I’ve been waiting for, Donghae~

He smiled as our eyes met and went on to get my favorite flower, Hydrangea.

Soon, he came back with a smile while holding the flowers.

He placed the flowers in front of me and I nicely wrapped it. I don’t know why, but whenever he pays for the flowers, I always feel that he’s staring at me~

After wrapping it, I gave it to him and left. That’s how we meet everyday~

I don’t even know how I fell for him when that’s the only communication we have, smiling. We never spoke to each other ever since he started buying flowers from my shop.

 

 

Night time~

I closed my shop and went to the back part, to where my house is located.

I picked up my gardening tools and went to my garden. This is what I do to kill time before I sleep. Instead of relaxing whenever I arrange my favorite flower, I always wonder if I should tell him or not.

I know everyone would tell me that I should. But come to think of it, he likes someone else and I wouldn’t want to ruin whatever their relationship is. I know that he really loves this girl because I can see it…. I can feel it.

 

Days passed and the same thing happens. He comes to my shop, smiles, buys a flower, stare at my face, then leave.

These things became a routine for me and probably, for him too. But for me, it’s a routine that I would never want to stop and get tired of.

I was really getting used to it until one strange day came.

He came in with a gloomy and sad face but still, he tried to smile as soon as he saw me staring at him.

*What’s wrong?* I thought while following where his shadow goes

*Did ‘that girl’ break her heart?* I asked again, still, following his shadow

But I don’t think he’s heart broken. I mean, if he was, then he shouldn’t be buying a flower for her today. What is going on???

While I was busy wondering what could’ve had happened, he came back with the whole container of Hydrangea. I was shocked! Why all of a sudden buy a whole bunch of Hydrangea??? Something’s really wrong with him today. How I wished I can ask and help him~

I think he saw my shocked expression after seeing the bunch of flowers, and smiled widely to prove that everything’s fine. There were so many flowers that I need to wrap them in more than 3 separate wrappers.

Even though I was busy wrapping, I can see in my peripheral view that he’s staring at me… again~ After I finished wrapping, I gave it to him and of course he paid for it before running away.

*Weird~ Why does he need to run? There’s something wrong. Definitely.* I thought as I watch him disappear

After 7 long hours, it was already time to close the shop. After making sure that everything in my shop is okay, I went to my favorite place in the house, the garden. As usual, I was arranging my favorite flower again. What can I say, that’s the only thing I can do to kill time~ hehe

Instead of wondering again, whether to tell him or not, I was busy wondering what happened to him today.

I was so engrossed in thinking of any possibilities that made him sad that I didn’t know what’s happening to my surroundings. The next thing I knew is that he’s already standing in front of me.

*OMO! When and How did he get here?* I thought as I came back to reality

He’s firmly standing with a serious face while carrying a poster container.

Soon, he started talking but still with his serious face. What’s going on?

He kept talking~ I couldn’t understand a thing! Why is he talking so fast?

I tried to read his lips but I can’t keep up~ What is he really trying to say?

Later, he stopped and stared at me. Looks like he’s waiting for a response

But what can I respond other than a confused face???

I think he got my answer~ But if he did, why did he run away… again???

*WHAT’S HAPPENING???* that’s the only question I can ask myself

I tried recalling the last sentence he said

“I don’t want to leave” this was the only thing that I read

*Don’t want to leave?* What does he—OMO!!! Is he leaving???

I quickly stood and ran after him

As I reach the front, I stopped as I saw the poster container lying on the floor

Without any doubt, I quickly opened it and was shocked to see a hand-drawn portrait of……me~

I don’t know what to do! Should I run after him and explain? Or stay and believe that this was destined to happen to us?

I made a decision. I decided to stay~ Maybe this is what was planned by God for us. Even though my heart wanted so much to run after him, my body and mind tells me to stop and accept that this was meant to happen.

 

After a few months~

I tried living normally without his presence but I can’t hide the fact that it’s hard to move on and accept that some things are not meant to be.

I nicely kept the portrait he made under my desk in my shop. I shall keep this for this is the first and last thing that I received from him.

While I was busy fixing my desk, a mail man entered and handed me a letter

*From whom could it be?* I thought as I open the letter

I opened it and was shocked to see that it was from Donghae~

 

 

HyunMi,

Annyeong~ I know we haven’t talked to each other ever since I started buying from your shop. I know it’s weird to fall in love with someone whom you only smiled with all the time but you can call me weird for falling in love with you. When I first entered your shop, I felt weird ‘coz you didn’t even bother to look at me~ I spoke and still, you didn’t look up. I felt like you’re ignoring me, but what did I do to make you feel bad? I knocked at your desk, trying to catch your attention, but still no response. I asked myself, “Is there something wrong with her?” But I didn’t give up and knocked again, louder this time. You looked up! I was so happy when you faced me~ You were like an angel sent to bring happiness to people. I can feel my lips creeping into a smile that’s why I left and searched for a flower to buy. At that time, I don’t know what kind of flower should I buy. I was hesitating to ask you, but before I could even open my mouth to speak, I saw you nicely arranging a beautiful flower, namely, Hydrangea. It was beautiful~ I even thought that it might be your favorite flower. That’s why I chose them. Since then, I was so attracted to you that I even came up with an idea on how should I confess to you. Have you ever asked yourself why I buy flowers from your shop everyday? I know that this question might have crossed your mind. Who wouldn’t be, right? I do this simply because I’m in love. I thought of confessing to you with a hand-drawn portrait of you made by me. But the problem is, I don’t know how to draw your face without you noticing it. That’s why I come to your shop everyday to see and stare at your face for even just a while. Remember the time when I bought all your Hydrangea flowers? I know you’re shocked but that was the day when I received a letter from my parents, telling me that I’m going to study abroad. I was so sad to leave without you even knowing my true feelings. That’s why when night came, I went to you and confessed my feelings. But you just stared at me~ I didn’t know if you were accepting or rejecting my feelings for you. I know I was very impatient to not wait for your answer and just ran away. But now I think we were destined to be this way. I don’t know what’s your reason for not answering me whenever I talk to you, but I hope you also felt something different towards me. I’ll try my best to find someone who is as great as you although, I know to myself that I can’t find any girl better than you. I hope you’re doing fine~ Are you wondering why I sent you a letter? Simply because, I miss you~ A lot… You may have someone you love right now but I want you to know that it’s hard to forget such a fine and beautiful flower like you~

 

              Love,

Donghae~

 

He likes me too…

He just……. confessed…..

I should be happy…

But there’s something wrong…

It’s a mistake…

I didn’t reject him…

And will never do…

It’s a misunderstanding…

I love him…

I would gladly accept him…

I would be so proud to claim him as mine…

But…

He didn’t know…

And still doesn’t know…

Doesn’t he know……….

That………..

I’m deaf……