Then, I saw my angel

When the Angel meet His Angel

 

Date: 24th December 2012

Time: 6pm,KST timing

Location: The house that Sungmin and me shared

 

"Sungmin... I already said I don't want to help out... It will be on goddamn christmas!" I almost lost my voice to my best buddy as he continued bothering me, up till the most important day of the year, Christmas Day. 

 

"Hyung.... Just this once okay? It's the last time I will ask you to help me... Pretty please with a cherry on top?" Sungmin whined again. I seriously did not know how many times this guy had been asking me favours, probably more than the number of all my fingers and toes combined, wait, make that nerves. I sweared my nerves would break and lose their functions because of the times I was annoyed with this guy.

 

"Arrasso arrasso, what is the deal now..." I gave up, this guy would make me die of frustration if he continued bothering me. He instantly brightened and went to his room to get something, probably for me to complete his favour. He came out of his room holding some pieces of fabric, that are fluffy and white, resembling feathers.....

 

"YOU WANT ME TO BE AN ANGEL?!" I almost screamed at him. He quickly covered his ears in case his eardrums burst from my screams. 

 

"Hyung.... Just this once please? We are short-handed that's why I'm asking you for help..." Sungmin pleaded one more time, using his puppy eyes and all this aegyo tricks. I doubt that I could hold up to him for long, no one ever resist Sungmin's aegyo. No one.

 

I could only just sigh and nod to his absurd request, while he was on the other side fist-pumping the air in victory before grinning at me that made me want to just punch him in the face.

 

 

 

Date: 25th December 2012

Time: 3pm, KST timing

Location: COEX Seoul Mall, backstage of Mall's Atrium.

 

Everything was in a rush, people rushing here and there. Performers rushing to the stage to get ready to perform on the stage, the choir group still warming up their voices annoyingly so they could sing a few carols in a row, and people like us were putting on our costumes and make up.

 

"Hyung, you know that you will be in the costume walking around passing out candy canes to customers right?" Sungmin asked me about my task again. Of course, he was already repeating it since the moment I woke up, and he was the one waking me up with his nagging. I swear if people based on his nagging, they would just say he was a 50 year old wife, a pro that could nag at his husband non-stop.

 

I fixed my costume again and again, checking if everything was in proper. No doubt I hated this job, but I had to look like an angel and most importantly to look good. I am Lee Hyukjae, the guy who would do anything to look good, and to look perfect. I would break that person's arm if he or she was to mess up my hair or my clothes. That's why I had girls swooning over me already, eyeing the girl dance group who were hyperventilating because of me. I smirked and smiled at their way, making them fan themselves from the heat.

 

I looked at my reflection again, fixing the bangs and sides of my blonde hair.

 

Damn, I look good. 

 

I smirked at myself once again and then went to collect my basket of candy canes. I guessed it was time to start work, since more and more families were coming in for their afternoon tea or early dinner. 

 

I walked around the mall with my group of angel friends as we went around wishing people a Merry Christmas and also gave them each a candy cane. Little children were excited about the candy, while older children were excited about the angels. You know, it was kind of rare for a bunch of good looking angels giving out candy on Christmas Day right? Within the first hour, I already got a few girls and guys tailing our group, sometimes casually whispered among themselves.

 

It was all well, and kind of boring. I mean, what fun was there to pass out candy? Then something terrible happened. And when I meant terrible, it concerned my image. While I was walking around the atrium minding my own business suddenly something wrapped around my leg and it felt itchy.

 

I froze, what the hell was touching my legs?!

 

Out of instincts, I began to hop while trying to untangle the weird stuff tugging my legs. 

 

One hop, two hop, three hop... hop hop hop....

 

"AHHHHHHHHH!" I let out a girly scream as I lost my balance and hugged the floor, literally. Did I mention to anyone that I could not balance properly to save my poor life? I guess not. 

 

The candy canes came spilling out of my basket, leaving a mess on the atrium floor. I struggled to get up and looked at my legs. Stupid decorative ribbons got stuck to my feet as I was walking. 

 

Damn ribbons, I cursed under my breath. 

 

My lovely 'angels' aka my group mates had been really 'good' considering that I had dragged a mountain of ribbons with one hopping leg did not stop me to fix it and then let me just hug the floor while they laugh their angelic butts off.

 

For the last time, the floor did not look lonely to me. 

 

Customers in the mall began to look at me weirdly as this fallen angel was still on the floor, trying to get the ribbons off his legs. I quickly stood up and flashed an apologetic smile before dusting off any dirt on my angel suit. I glared at my lovely angels once again and earned another round of laughter. 

 

"Uhm Eunhyuk-sshi, I guess we would have to go if not we would not be able to finish giving out the candy in time. So let's split up okay?" One of the members called Minah, sweetly said. I scoffed at her and the others, before they ran away from me.

 

"Clearly ditching me because of my plight...." I softly muttered to myself, squatting down to the floor to pick up the candy canes that spilled out.

 

"Aish, this is such a drag...." I complained again. What kind of physics was this to let the candy canes fly everywhere?!

 

Before I could go on to the next area where some of the candy canes flew to, a few candy canes were shoved to my face. I slowly looked up, and saw a face looking at me, waving the candy canes in front of me. 

 

"Uh, hello?" she said. 

 

I paused and looked at her. She look kind of foreign, definitely not the typical Korean girl, with brown hair and pouty face. Her hair was blonde and in waves that looked so natural, just like mine, but mine was a little lighter.

 

Who in the world would say centre parting look hideous? She was absolutely gorgeous with it! Her brown orbs were coupled with her lips, giving a stronger look. Her cheeks seemed to be blushing, but there were not any traces of blush powder. Despite her delicate features, she looked so stronger than the typical Korean girl who looked so weak and innocent. I starred and starred, admiring all sorts of beauty radiating from her.

 

She was definitely my type of girl.  

 

"Yah, the candy canes are calling for you!" she cleared and rudely said, waving the candy canes once again before me. I jumped at her voice , and noticed her looking at me weirdly. 

 

I mentally slapped myself for looking at her like a creep before looking up at her once again and sheepishly smiled. She threw another weird look at me and chuckled a little. 

 

SHE SMILED OH MY GAWD SHE SMILED.

 

And now she thinks that I'm a creep. Well done Hyukjae. Well done.

 

She shoved the candy canes again to my face, indicating to me to take it. I widened my eyes again and threw a questioned look at her. She sighed and pointed to the basket of candy canes beside me.

 

Oh right, candy canes. I even forgot about them...

 

I rubbed the nape of my neck as I shyly took the candy canes from her hands, before flashing my trademark smile, known to electrify girls of all ages to fall to my feet to her. She just threw a small smile at me before turning back to leave.

 

Wait, she is not impressed....?

 

"Wait!" I suddenly blurted out.

 

Wait! What was I doing?! Oh my god, what to do now? She's going to turn back at me!

 

She turned back and looked at me, raising her eyebrows. 

 

I quickly ran up to her and took a candy cane from my basket, before giving it to her.

 

“Merry Christmas, I’m your coolest and sweetest angel Lee Hyukjae.” I greeted before ending with a happy grin.

 

She gave the warm smile that I would never get sick of ever in my life, before replying,

 

“Merry Christmas to you too Angel, I’m Kim Hyoyeon.” 

 

 

And that was the best Christmas ever in my life, because the Angel has met His Angel.