Love Letter Confession

Love Letter Confession

 

The rain had started about an hour ago when I finished writing my love letter to the guy that I love. He is the most kindest, sweetest guy that I’ve ever met and because of him, I’m able to write this letter to him and confess my feelings for him. I just had the biggest grin on my face, looking at this letter that I’ve written to him. Even reading it over and over makes my heart race at the speed of light, me blushing like crazy. I looked outside, watching the rain drip on the panel of my window slowly.

            “I wonder what he would say to me. I wonder what he would think,” I said while watching the rain fall onto the window, “I hope that when I confess, he would say that he loves me. I hope that when I see him, he will always have that bright smile that he does when I first met him.” I got up and changed into my uniform, getting ready to head off to school. Getting my umbrella, and walking out of my apartment building where I live by myself, I walked with pride towards the bus that would lead me to my destination.

            I waited at the bus stop like I usually do, waiting for the bus to come around 7:45AM. As the bus approach the bus stop, I quickly got on, closing my umbrella, and shaking any remaining droplets of rain off of my umbrella. As I board the bus, I walk down the aisle towards the back seat where I normally do, how I did 2 years ago. How I met him 2 years ago. At this very moment, he boards the bus. My heart starts racing again.

            Will I be able to look at him in the face, smile and say hello? Or will I turned away and blush because I feel too nervous? “Hello Kang Min Ah,” he says with that bright, angelic smile of his. “He…hello,” I said hesitantly. Why am I stuttering again? “Hey Sung Hyun!” One of his friends said while entering onto the bus as well. “Oh, isn’t she that quiet weird girl that everyone’s been talking about that gives bad luck?” the friend whispered to Sung Hyun’s ear. “What? Where did you hear that from?” Sung Hyun said shocked. I sat there, trembling. Now I feel scared that he thinks the same way as them.

            “She’s really nice. You should get to know her,” Sung Hyun said smiling brightly again at me. His friend just turned away not wanting to associate with me. As we reach the school grounds, I walked quietly and slowly behind Sung Hyun, not wanting to look like a stalker, not wanting to get in the way of others. “Sung Hyun! Good morning! Can I walk with you today?!” a beautiful girl came up to him and said. I saw her hug his arm tenderly.

            How can I even compete to someone that delicate and beautiful? My heart hurts. It’s escalating as if it’s going to explode any minute now. But all I could do was hold it inside me. “Isn’t that the girl that gives curse to anyone who looks at her? No I heard it was if you look into her eyes, then she will give you curses. Even standing near her you can get a curse. No way. She looks so scary,” some people whispered loudly. I pushed my letter into the pocket of my coat and ran as fast as I could towards the gate and into the school. I just want to cry. I just want to hide and never come out.

            “Hey! That girl pushed me!” the girl that was hugging Sung Hyun’s arm said while running and grabbing my arm. I was on the verge of just bursting into tears. Why is this girl stopping me? “Yah! Say sorry for pushing into me?!” the girl screamed. Her voice was piercing. It hurts. It hurts so much. “She’s touching the curse girl. Is she going to get cursed?” some people muttered. “Curse girl?! You’re…you’re the curse girl?! Why did I grab you?! Are you cursing me right now?!” the girl said while pushing me to the ground.

            “Ah! I’m getting hives!!” the girl screamed while rubbing her arm. “She gave her hives for touching her! She really is the curse girl!!” people started whispering loudly. The voices grew louder and louder. Tears just streaming down my cheek. All I can do is look down at the ground and let my hair cover my tears. I don’t want people to see me. I want to go home. I want to run away. “Stop sprouting nonsense! I had enough!!” Sung Hyun screamed angrily. Everyone stopped talking. Everyone looked at Sung Hyun stunned at what he just said.

            He grabbed my arm and just walked away. “If you mess with her again, you better come to me first before saying something,” Sung Hyun said while taking me into the school building. “What’s wrong with him? Could she have cursed him to make him fall in love with her?” people started talking again.

            It was just me and him in the classroom. School hasn’t started yet but all I could do in front of him was just cry out my eyes. I feel so ashamed crying in front of him. I feel so weak but when he is with me, I want to become stronger. “It’s okay. Let out all your tears. I’ll protect you,” Sung Hyun said while hugging me tightly. Why does he make me feel so warm and comfortable? So many girls like him and yet he is nice to me. I feel so safe within his arms. I wish that you’ll never let go.

            Ding Dong Ding Dong. As the bell ring for classes to start, I quickly wiped away my tears and smile as brightly as I can to him. “Are you feeling better?” Sung Hyun said smiling. He emits such shining rays of light. Such a beauty he is. “Thanks,” I said to him. He started to return to his seat. I grabbed onto his shirt, “Woo Sung Hyun,” I said trembling. “Yes?” Sung Hyun said smiling at me. “Can…can I talk to you after school? It’s…it’s important,” I said to him finally.

            “Sure,” Sung Hyun said and went to his seat. My heart skipped a beat. Will I be able to tell him? Will he understand my feelings? I’m getting more and more nervous by the second. As school was approaching to a close, I couldn’t stop thinking of what I should tell him. I kept rehearsing it in my mind over and over. The tension building up more and more. I quickly placed my books into my bag and try to hurry as fast as I can to talk to him. I don’t have a moment to waste. “Yah curse girl. We want to talk to you,” some girls said while walking up to me.

            What do they want with me? Why are they even talking to me if they think that I’m the curse girl? “Y…y…yes?” I said scared. I cannot look at them in the face. It’s just too horrifying. “We want you to stay away from Sung Hyun-oppa. He is ours. Just because you are weak and try to act all innocent, we know you’re dirty little tricks. Stop tiring out Sung Hyun-oppa. Stop trying to make Sung Hyun-oppa worry so much about a little annoyance like you,” the girls said while surrounding me. I’m just trembling in fear. I cannot face anyone.

            I’m just so weak. They’re so cruel. It hurts. Everything hurts. “Let’s go before she curses us,” a girl said to the others and they left immediately. I looked out the window. I saw him waiting there smiling at others by the school gate. “Stay away? I can’t let myself do that,” I said while rushing towards him. Running, running with all my might. His bright smile. That’s all that I can see. He’s smiling at me. He’s waiting for me. “Sung Hyun!!”

            Beep Beep Beep Beep. “It’s already time to get up?” I said rubbing my eyes. “You look happy today Min Ah,” one of my girlfriend greeted me as we walked together to school, “what happened this morning?” “Am I?” I said smiling to her. “You’re normally not like this,” she said to me. “I guess,” I said looking up at the sky smiling. “Hey, what’s this?” she said while grabbing something away from my hand. “Hey! Give that back,” I said while struggling to get it back from her. “A love confession? Aren’t we already in high school? Isn’t that a little too childish?” she said not giving it back to me.

            “Opps,” she said accidently dropping it on the ground, the wind picking it up and flying it away. “My note!” I screamed running after it. “Your note?!” she said chasing after me. Someone picked it up. “What’s this?” I stopped walking. “We meet again, Kang Min Ah.” That smile again. “Sung…Hyun…” I said standing there, looking at him smiling at me again. That angelic smile. “Min Ah? Ah! The name with the letter on it! Sung Hyun!!” my girlfriend said while pointing at him. I looked at the ground. “May I talk to her alone?” Sung Hyun smiled at my friend.

            “Ah, yes! I’ll see you at school Min Ah,” my friend said while leaving. “Ah, yeah,” I said while still looking at the ground. I could hear his footstep walking towards me. Louder he’s coming towards me. My heart pounding, I feel as though he can hear it. “Kim Min Ah,” Sung Hyun said grabbing my hand. I was trembling. Why am I trembling? “Are you okay?” Sung Hyun said in his soft, tender voice.

            I jerked my hand away from him. “I’m…I’m sorry,” Sung Hyun said. “What did you want to talk about? You’re going to make me late to class,” I said looking away from him. “What’s the meaning of this letter?” Sung Hyun asked. I snatched the letter out of his hand and hid it behind my back. “It has nothing to do with you,” I said to him blushing. “Was it a love confession?” Sung Hyun said while looking at me sternly. “It doesn’t matter. You already have a girlfriend. Plus, this was back then. I don’t care about it anymore,” I said holding onto it tightly.

            That’s right. When I called his name. When I went to talk to him. “Sung Hyun!!” I screamed as I ran up to him. “Kang Min Ah!” Sung Hyun called to me. “Sung Hyun! Here you were!” a girl said while grabbing onto his arm, “Eh? Who’s that?” I stopped running. “She’s one of my classmates,” Sung Hyun said smiling at her. “Who…Who is she?” I asked him. “Ah, sorry for being rude. My name is Kim Ha Neul. I’m his girlfriend,” she said smiling brightly. “Girl…friend?” I said shocked. I held the letter tightly behind me. “What were you going to tell me Min Ah-sshi?” Sung Hyun said smiling. That smile was never for me. It was for her. For her all along, and they match so well. Both have such amazing smiles. I wouldn’t even compare to her.

            “Min Ah? Are you okay?” Sung Hyun said worryingly. I smiled and said, “I hope to see you tomorrow. That’s what I want to say. Sorry for making you wait for me to just say that.” “Ah. He’s not coming here tomorrow anymore,” the girl named Ha Neul said to me. “What?” I said shocked. “I’m sorry Min Ah-sshi. I should’ve told you sooner. I’m going to study abroad in London with Ha Neul. I hope that you take care,” Sung Hyun said smiling still that bright smile. “I…I hope you take care as well,” I said trying my hardest not to break out into tears.

            “Min Ah?” Sung Hyun said while grabbing my arm, “are you okay? You look dazed?” He felt my forehead. I pushed him away. “Why are you back? I thought you were studying abroad in London?” I said looking away. “I came back,” Sung Hyun said while looking at me. “Why? Why are you back?! I thought you were enjoying yourself! What happened to your girlfriend?!” I screamed unknowingly. “We broke up,” Sung Hyun said looking at the ground. “Broke up?” I said shocked. “We broke up before we even went together. She said that she fell in love with someone else,” Sung Hyun told me.

            I looked at him. He smiled at me. “Why are you smiling when you should be sad? Aren’t you sad that your girlfriend is gone,” I said to him annoyed. “Yes, I was. But that was 2 years ago. I realized that I forgotten someone important this whole time,” Sung Hyun said while looking at the ground. “I don’t get it. Didn’t you like her? Why did she do that to you?” I said to him. He started laughing. “What’s wrong?” I said to him. “I’m surprised at how much you’ve changed, Kang Min Ah,” Sung Hyun said smiling at me. I blushed, “what?” I was so confused. I don’t get him at all. “That day that you said you wanted to talk to me. You were trying to confess that you liked me right?” Sung Hyun said while getting closer to me. “I…” Why can’t I speak? Why can’t I say anything?

            “It’s my fault. I didn’t realize your love for me,” Sung Hyun said hugging me tightly. “Woo Sung Hyun,” I said not knowing what to do. “I’m sorry. It’s my fault. It’s all my fault,” Sung Hyun said tightening more and more. “Sung  Hyun-sshi, I… I can’t breathe,” I said suffocating. He lets go. “Min Ah-sshi! What do you think of me now?!” Sung Hyun said looking intently into my eyes. “What…what do you mean?” I said confused. “Do you…do you still like me?” Sung Hyun said.

            How was I supposed to respond? I don’t even know. I don’t even know what to think. Slowly, my hand from behind was slowly coming towards him. “For…you,” I said blushing. “Huh?” Sung Hyun said while grabbing it. “My…my love letter that I wanted to give you that day. It…it took me all day to write it,” I said turning my face away from him. He opened and read it. He read and started laughing.

            “I knew that you would laugh,” I said to him. “No, I think it’s really cute how all that time you were trying your hardest,” Sung Hyun smiled at me, “do you feel the same way now?” I just nodded my head. Still blushing, my heart pounding at the speed of light. “But I won’t slap you okay because you’re not dreaming,” Sung Hyun said smiling and grabbing my hand. “Huh,” I said looking at him. “Like I said, I’ll protect you not matter what. Believe in me,” Sung Hyun smiling that angelic smile again. “What…what are you saying?” I said not comprehending his words.

            “Min Ah, I love you,” Sung Hyun said and kissed my lips. So soft and warm. And he even called me by my name. “Sung Hyun,” I said to him, “I…I…I love you too.” I thought I lost him. I thought he wasn’t going to protect me. He was always here with me. Even though my love letter was simple and childish, I’m glad that Sung Hyun will always be here holding the keys to my heart.

.End.