As Our Happy Ending

Can I Count This

It's been two years since Minseok got married and Luhan still couldn't bring himself to move out of the city. Instead he moved towards the outskirts and found a simple apartment and got a roommate so he wouldn't have to spend all of his pay check on the rent.

He found a simple job at a nearby café as a server. His old life was behind him, at least it was on most nights.

During the first year his thoughts were plagued by the man he left behind. He felt as if there was a gaping hole inside of him, he even tried dating different people but they never lasted long. He eventually just gave up on that aspect of his life and stared busying himself with other aspects of his life. It worked, most of the time.

Sometimes he couldn't escape it but he thought that thinking about it once and a while was better then obsessing over what could never be. Only one person in his life knew about what he left behind and it was a completely accidental (drunken) reveal. His roommate, Yixing, was home when he was drunk due to the persisting memories and the confession just slipped like a waterfall. Rushed and unstoppable.

When he woke up the next morning Yixing was there with a glass of water and some soup. He waited for Luhan to be in a better state before he decided to tell the other his own story of unrequited love.

They tried to date so Luhan could forget Minseok and Yixing could forget Wufan. It lasted longer then any of his previous relationships but it didn't work out in the end for either of them. Nothing changed between them after the failed attempt of dating each other, they stayed as roommates and became each other's shoulder to cry on when things became too much for each other.

"You're gonna be late for work." Luhan poked his head from his bedroom and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. His eyes grew wider as he realized what time it was before rushing to get ready.

"What do you want for dinner," Yixing asked as Luhan rushed passed him to the entry way of the apartment.

"Surprise me!" Luhan was out the in a matter of seconds and rushing towards the café.

-

"You made it just in time." Luhan looked up to see Sehun behind the counter, "You still have a few minutes left." Luhan let out a giant sigh of relief as he moved to the counter.

"Is my hair okay?" Sehun looked at the other as he sipped on his bubble tea, it was a few seconds before he shook his head.

"You look as handsome as ever." Luhan would've found the other's choice of words strange if he didn't already know he was dating the handsome boy named Jongin and after working with the other for a little over six months he didn't really pay much attention to the other's choice of words. They were always a little strange and he just got used to it.

Luhan disappeared into the back to put his stuff away and double check his appearance. He reappeared from the back to see Jongin in front of the counter trying to distract Sehun from his job. "Joonmyun's gonna be mad if he sees you out here," Luhan said as he moved over to grab a note pad and a pen, "Distracting Sehun again."

"Joonmyun is too soft hearted," Jongin said with a smirk, "He won't get mad at me."

"Whatever you say." Luhan pushed Sehun, none to gently, from behind the counter, "Your shift is almost over, so you're on barista duty." Sehun just nodded and walked away, positioning himself in front of the machine.

"Why'd you do that," Jongin practically whined out when he realized Sehun would have his back facing him until the other's shift ended, "I won't be able to talk to him now."

"Exactly," Luhan said with a smirk, "Sehun only has a half hour of his shift left, why don't you be a good boy and order a drink while you wait."

"I wouldn't give you the satisfaction." Jongin dramatically walked off to one of the vacant tables. Luhan had to stifle his laugh as a customer walked up to the counter. Luhan looked up and was about to ask for the customer's order when his whole body froze. The face in front of him was so familiar that it didn't even feel like two years since they last saw each other.

"It's been a while Luhan."

"How did you find me Kyungsoo?"

"You know Baekhyun right?" Luhan nodded, "He apparently knows Zitao and he introduced him to the rest of us. Zitao follows him around like a lost puppy."

"Wait...does that mean Minseok knows where I am too?"

"Only Zitao and I know about the kind Luhan who takes care of everyone and makes sure that their needs come first, but he's also kind of secretive. Apparently you won't let anyone know what you're feeling." Kyungsoo watched as Luhan frowned at his words before continuing, "Minseok's been looking for you." Luhan's eyes grew three times in size as Kyungsoo's words sunk in. He turned towards Sehun and quickly announced he needed to take care of something before grabbing Kyungsoo's wrist and pulling the other back towards the break room.

"Don't lie." The words fell from Luhan's mouth as soon as the door fell close behind them, "You're the only person I've ever told about how I felt towards him, it's been two years. Why are you telling me all of this now?"

"Well for a while no one knew where you were," Kyungsoo said with a slight frown, "It was like you just disappeared off the face of the planet. Minseok's been worried sick, he thinks something bad happened to you."

"As you can see everything is fine, I have a nice job and I share a good apartment with a nice roommate. I've even made new friends, so just tell him to stop worrying about me and worry about his own life. Last time I checked he was happily married, he probably even has kids by now."

Something flashed through Kyungsoo's eyes but it was gone so fast that Luhan couldn't catch it. "You should still show your face," Kyungsoo said in a quite voice, "He still lives in the old apartment you two shared."

"You know why I can't," Luhan said with his voice barely above a whisper. His resolve was slowly breaking with each word Kyungsoo spoke, "I loved him and he'll be happier without me by his side. I know I'm happier."

"It's not good to lie to yourself." Kyungsoo walked passed Luhan and left the break room. Luhan was left with nothing more then his conflicting feelings. Why would he still be in that apartment? It's too small to raist any kind of family in...why would he worry about me? Did he assume we were always going to stay by each other's side?Did he want me to stay there?

The sound of a knock knocked him out of his thoughts and he turned to see Sehun at the doorway, announcing that his shift was over. Luhan felt himself nod, it took him a second to realize he was moving.

The day seemed to drag on and his mind was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he made more mistakes and apologized more often. His day at work finally ended after he gave out his, what felt like, thousandth apology of the day. Joonmyun sent him home early telling him that he was no good to work when his mind was elsewhere.

-

The first thing Luhan did when he got home was locate Yixing, the younger boy was in the kitchen, and wrap his arms around the other's waist and rest his forehead on the other's shoulder. When the younger turned down the temperature of the stove to give Luhan his full attention, the words just fell as his head spun. He didn't know if it was okay to hope that Minseok wanted him by his side.

"Why don't you just go see him?"

"Only if you come with me," Luhan said into Yixing's shoulder, his words slightly muffled, "If he's still with her and nothing has changed I'm counting on you to help me stay strong until we get back to the car."

"We'll go tomorrow then." Yixing felt the other nod into his shoulder before he felt the arms fall from around his waist. He turned towards Luhan after turing off the stove, he noticed the older boy sitting in a chair as he examined his hands, "You don't want to go see him?"

"It's not that..." Yixing waited quietly as the other racked his brain for the right words, "It's just...I don't think I can handle seeing him living a happy life with kids." He looked up just in time to see Yixing tilt his head to the side just slightly with a frown on his lips, "Don't get me wrong I want him to be happy but I don't want to see him being happy with a family because that's the one thing I couldn't give him..."

"You would've been his family."

"I cant give him kids."

"There are many ways around that." Yixing turned and got some plates from the cabinets, "You can adopt..."

"They won't be fully ours though." Luhan watched as Yixing set up their plates and brought it to the table. Luhan lazily picked at his food for a few minutes before finally starting to eat. Yixing finished first and he made sure to wash everything before turning his attention back to Luhan.

"We're leaving in the early afternoon, just think of it as finally getting closure."

"Shouldn't you do the same?"

"I tried but he moved, I have no idea where he is now...last I heard he went back to Canada."

-

"I don't think this is a good idea." Luhan was struggling as Yixing pulled him along. He slowed as he pulled the other boy up a flight of stairs and sped up again once they were on the landing. They stopped in front of the apartment and Yixing pushed Luhan forward. "Maybe we can come back tomorrow," Luhan said as he tried to back away from the door, "We're probably bothering him by coming unannounced."

"Just get it over with," Yixing said as he kept pushing the other male, "Closure, remember?"

"I think I can survive two more days without it," Luhan tried to convince Yixing that they should come back another day. All he was successful in doing was making Yixing lean forward and knock. Luhan looked back at the other male with wide eyes.

"Coming." The door opened to reveal a tall man with sharp features, he looked like he was angry. Luhan blinked a few times as he stared at the other man. He was sure he had the right apartment, Kyungsoo said Minseok never moved. "I'm sorry I think I have the wrong apartment."

"Who are you looking for?"

"Kim Minseok."

"You're at the right place," the man said, "He just went out for a bit, he should be back soon. Do you want to come inside and wait?" He felt Yixing's grip tighten on his arm and he looked back to see him staring at the stranger with a frown. Luhan realized it was rude to stare but he did just that when his attention returned to the man that's exactly what he did; he stared.

The gears started to turn in his head and Luhan guessed he was staring at Wufan. The other wasn't staring back at him, he was staring at Yixing. "It's okay," Luhan said as he felt Yixing move his hand down to his wrist, giving it a light pull, "We'll come back later."

"Daddy, we home!"

"Wufan, do you want lunch?" The two new voices had all three men turning their heads and Luhan felt as if time had stopped. Minseok was walking towards them with a little girl in his arms. Luhan could automatically tell it was Minseok's daughter, they shared too many similar facial features for her not to be.

Luhan felt sick, he knew he shouldn't have come.

Their eyes met and Luhan suddenly felt like crying. Minseok looked the same, the only thing that changed in the pass two years was the length of his hair. "Luhan?" His eyes flickered over to the girl in the other male's arms. He didn't want to be there any more. He watched their hands, Luhan was holding the other's wrist. He turned and started walking away, pulling Yixing along with him.

He felt an hand wrap around his wrist before he got too far. He turned to see Minseok holding him back, his daughter was no longer in his arms. "Where are you going? We haven't seen each other in two years, can't we at least talk?"

"I shouldn't have come here," Luhan said as he pulled his arm free, "It was a mistake, I shouldn't have listened to Kyungsoo." He didn't even look back as he pulled Yixing down the stairs and into the car. "I told you we shouldn't have come," Luhan said as he started the car, "Nothing good came out of coming here." Luhan made sure to stop by a small shop and pick up two tubs of ice cream before heading back to their apartment.

-

Luhan and Yixing both had a day off from work so instead of sitting around and doing nothing they decided to head to the nearby dance studio and dance off the tub off ice cream they both consumed the day before. "It's so weird how both of our unrequited loves can be found under the same roof." Yixing nodded as he attached his iPod to the stereo and chose a song.

After three hours of continuous dancing they both collapsed to the ground, breathing hard and sweat making their clothes stick to their bodies. The music suddenly stopped but neither of them had the energy to get up and look at who was in the room with them.

"This is where you've been?" Luhan used his elbows to push himself up so he could see the intruder.

"Why? Were you looking for me Jongin?"

"Some guy came to the shop looking for you," Jongin said with a frown, "He asked Sehun about you, he just said today was your day off."

"What did he look like?"

"He was really short with a chubby face." Luhan fell back with a groan and rolled onto his stomach.

"Was anyone with him," Yixing asked as he pushed himself up.

"A really tall guy who looked pissed and a little girl who was wobbling around the shop."

"I bet you Kyungsoo told them were I work." Luhan's voice echoed throughout the room as he flipped back onto his back, "Or maybe Baekhyun let it slip." He turned his head so he was staring at Yixing side, "I don't see the reason for him coming to find me."

"Wufan was with him too...this week is so strange."

"Do you know them?"

"They're just our onesided loves coming to torture us," Luhan said with a frown before standing up and walking over to his bag, "I'm going to go shower." Yixing and Jongin watched him leave and Jongin was about to leave but Yixing stopped him.

"Did Sehun tell them anything else?"

"They know where you guys live but it wasn't completely his fault, those two said it was a life or death situation." Jongin hesitated before leaving, "Should I tell Luhan?"

"Leave him, maybe he'll talked if he's surprised by the sudden appearance." Jongin looked confused but he didn't ask anything before disappearing out the door. After a few minutes Yixing got up and grabbed his things before heading off to wash all the sweat off himself.

-

"What is this?" Luhan stopped a few feet away from the apartment door, "How do they know where I live?" He made to turn around and leave but Yixing stopped him.

"Sehun told him."

Luhan turned his head to Yixing and frowned, "You knew about this?"

"Daddy pretty!" Luhan looked over at the little girl's voice and realized all the people in front of the door had their attention turned towards him. Luhan wanted to make a run for it but Yixing grabbed onto his arm and pulled the other towards the apartment door. Yixing didn't let go of Luhan's arm as he pulled out his keys and unlocked the apartment door.

Yixing pulled Luhan in the apartment with him and told the others to follow them. He pushed Luhan down on the couch before turning towards Minseok and grabbing his arm, he gently pulled the shorter boy forward and made him take the seat right next to Luhan. The other male looked completely lost and mildly horrified.

"Hana." The deep voice seemed to echo through the apartment and Luhan watched as the little girl, who was staring at him just seconds ago, turned his attention towards Wufan, "Do you want to go with me to play at the park?" She nodded her head and waddled over to Wufan. The other man scooped her into his arms before turning to Yixing, "There's a park nearby, right?"

"There is," Yixing turned towards Wufan, "I'll go with you."

Luhan's hand shot out to grab Yixing's wrist faster then he thought humanly possible, "Where are you going?"

"To the park," Yixing answered as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. He brought his hand up and easily pulled Luhan's fingers off his wrist, "You two have a nice long talk." Yixing left Luhan alone in the apartment with Minseok, his jaw practically on the floor.

Traitor. I bet you planned all of this. Luhan tried to think of a time that Yixing wasn't with him and he realized the other had plenty of time alone to plan this betrayal. I need new friends...maybe if I completely move away from the city I can really move on.

The two of them sat in silence for what felt like hours and the air that hung around them was beyond awkward. Luhan decided he finally had enough of it and stood from the couch, but before he could get anywhere a strong hand gripped onto his wrist.

Luhan tried to ignore the jolt of electricity the surged through him at the simple touch, but he failed miserly, instead thinking of the last time they were this close to one another.

"We divorced over a year and a half ago." Luhan breath caught in his throat and he had to blink a few times as Minseok's words sunk in.

"Why are you telling me this Minseok?"

"Don't call me that...call me baozi, you always used to call me baozi." Luhan ignored the way his chest tightened painfully as he blinked away the tears that threatened to fall, it was like the two years they spent apart were nonexistent.

"Why are you telling me that you two divorced, it's been two years since we last spoke..." Luhan didn't use the nickname or his real name, anything to keep him from starting to hope again.

"I thought you had the right to know..."

Luhan sensed the hesitation, "Know what?"

"I broke the marriage off because of you."

"So it's my fault?!" Luhan decided he rather feel angry then to deal with the conflicted emotions stirring inside of him. He pulled his arm free and rounded on Minseok, a little surprised to see the other also standing, "Did you come her to hear me apologize to you? Did you just look for me to hear the words I'm sorry."

"Yes!" Luhan didn't even realize he was hoping for something until he felt his hope being crushed into a fine powder by that one word. He never knew one single word could hurt so much. Luhan didn't even realize he was crying until he felt the pads of Minseok's thumbs wiping the tears away. Luhan pushed his hands away before he backed away.

"Really? Is that the only reason you found me...because you want to hear an apology? You want me to apologize for your marriage falling apart after I left? Where's the logic in that?" He used the back of his hands to wipe away his tears, "I left..."

"And that's what I want you to apologize for." Luhan stared at Minseok in confusion, "I want you to apologize for leaving without a single word."

"W-what?" He wasn't expecting Minseok to say that.

"I'm not blaming you for my failed marriage." Minseok took a step forward while Luhan was too shocked to move from where he was standing, "I just want to know why you left without a word...I just want an apology for leaving like that."

"Why should I apologize for leaving?"

"Because you just disappeared and no matter how hard I looked for you I couldn't find you."

"Why would you look for me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Luhan felt running away once more because he was starting to feel hopeful and nothing good ever came out of him feeling hopeful.

"Why are you doing this to me," he asks instead of running, "I left so you could live happily and I can learn to live happily. Why did you walk back into my life when I was so close to just forgetting you completely? Is it really that fun just to mess with me?"

"Why would you want to forget me?" Luhan opened his mouth to answer but he quickly closed it when he realized Minseok didn't really know anything. He took a step back because he no longer knew what to do, he didn't know how to answer. Minseok didn't know anything about how Luhan felt. Luhan steadied himself before taking a deep breath and looking directly at Minseok. This was going to be the end of it all, he knew that, but he needed to get it off his chest.

"You know ever since we first met I knew you were different from the rest." Luhan let out a small laugh as he let his eyes wonder, "It wasn't something as cliché as love at first sight...even if you ask me I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what it was but I can tell you it grew into love sometime during all the time we spent together." Luhan couldn't bring himself to look at Minseok so he just kept talking, "I didn't notice it at first but every time you had a new girlfriend I was annoyed...I thought it was because you had a girlfriend and I didn't but after a while I realized it was due to the fact that whenever you had a girlfriend you never looked my way."

"Its funny isn't it?" Luhan paused in his words before continuing, "I knew you'd never return my feelings but I fell for you anyways...I fell pretty damn hard too." He looked up at Minseok with watery eyes, "Only idiots want what they can't have and I think I'm the biggest idiot of them all." Minseok opened his mouth to say something but Luhan never gave him the chance as he looked away once more, "I'm an idiot who kept hoping even after I knew that hoping was useless."

Luhan let out a shaky breath as he used the back of his hand to wipe away the tears that were starting to fall again, "I kept hoping that you'll look my way, that you'd finally realize that I've always been by your side through the hard times. Stupid isn't it?" Luhan looked at Minseok's face and saw exactly what he expected to see, shock mixed with a bit of confusion, "Now you know everything." Luhan's voice was barely above a whisper, "I had to leave you so I wouldn't grow bitter and so you wouldn't see me at my worst. I won't apologize for leaving."

They stood in silence for several minutes before Minseok walked pass Luhan and out of the apartment. He was expecting it but that didn't stop him from sinking down to the floor as he heard the door shut. His eyes were dry even though he felt empty. Was this what closure felt like?

Yixing found him like that when he returned to the apartment around an hour later. He tried to find out what happened but Luhan just looked up to him and said something about closure. He didn't completely understand but he didn't pry any further as he helped Luhan off the floor and towards the kitchen. He was going to cook the older male's favourite meal.

-

A week passed before Yixing finally learned that Luhan told Minseok everything and the other just walked out the door without a word or a simple glance his way.

While Luhan slept Yixing headed out to the balcony and dialed Wufan's number. Unlike Luhan, Yixing got his happy ending.

"Will you mind telling me what happened," Yixing asked as a form of greeting once the other male picked up the phone, "I didn't leave them together so Luhan can have yet another horrible experience, you told me Minseok felt the same. You said I wouldn't regret this, that nothing would go wrong."

"Apparently he was so shocked that he just ran," Wufan said with a sigh, "Maybe we should lock them in a room together or something."

"Not anytime soon," Yixing said with a frown, "He's not in any condition to see Minseok again, that last meeting seems to have drained the life out of him."

Yixing heard the sliding door behind him open and he quickly turned to see Luhan standing there in his work clothes. "Are you sure your fine to go to work," Yixing asked as he moved the phone away from his mouth."

"Joonmyun was already kind enough to give me a week off," Luhan said with a small smile, "I think I'll abuse his kindness if I ask for more time off." Luhan gave a small wave before disappearing.

-

"You seem a lot happier these days." Yixing said as he and Luhan lounged in their living room watching a drama marathon. Two weeks had passed since the run in with Minseok and the other boy recovered a lot faster then Yixing expected him to, he was curious about what helped him recover so fast.

"I have a date this weekend," Luhan said happily and Yixing froze at the new information, "I've finally come to terms with the fact that Minseok will never feel the same way about me and one of the customers at the shop was flirting with me, Sehun and Jongin told me to give it a shot and I honestly didn't see the harm in it so I said yes when he asked me out. I think I'm finally moving on."

Minseok loves you though...

"I'm so happy for you," Yixing said with a smile, "I'll make your favourite food on Saturday so the day can start off great." Luhan hummed as he turned his attention back towards the television. Yixing pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted Wufan. He already heard everything from Minseok and Luhan so he knew both sides of their kind of twisted love story. He was determined to get them together, especially since misunderstandings were the only thing that kept them apart.

Yixing's phone rang and Yixing excused himself before disappearing into the bedroom. He made sure the door was closed before answering. "What do you mean by date?" Yixing frowned, the voice he heard on the other end of the phone wasn't was the one he was expecting. He pulled the phone away and looked at the caller ID, it said he was connected to Wufan's phone.

"Minseok, why are you calling me with Wufan's phone," Yixing asked once the phone was by his ear once more.

"I asked first."

"He has a date on Saturday." Yixing said with a sigh, "Why does it matter he thinks everything between you is hopeless now, he's moving on."

"He has to at least know the truth."

"Do you think you'll be able to make him happier then he is now?" Yixing just heard silence so he kept speaking, "I haven't seen him smile this much in the pass two years that we've known each other. Why don't we just drop it and let him find his own happiness." Yixing hung up before Minseok had a chance to respond and when he returned he found Luhan snoozing peacefully on the couch.

Yixing grabbed a blanket from Luhan's room and gently draped it over the sleeping form before turning off the television. He put his phone on silent before heading to the kitchen and started making lunch.

-

Luhan still had a day before his date on Saturday and his whole week was pretty uneventful, save for the time he spent at work when Jongin seemed to go out of his way just to bother Luhan about his up coming date.

Yixing was currently off at work and Luhan actually had the day off. It was mostly spent with him lazing around the apartment debating whether he wanted to get up and try to cook or just go out and grab something to eat.

The sound of the doorbell had Luhan sitting up on the couch and looking in the direction of the door. He wasn't expecting any company and all his friends should be working. He stood from the couch and headed towards the door when knocks started to sound. Did Yixing order something online again and forgot about it?

Luhan didn't bother to look through the peephole before pulling it open. He was surprised by who was standing on the other side. "Why are you here?"

"Is Yixing here?" Luhan shook his head, not failing to notice how the other completely ignored his question, "Can I come in?" Luhan debated it for a few minutes before stepping out of the way to allow the other male to enter the apartment.

"I'll ask again." Luhan turned to the other man as the door swung close behind them, "Why are you here Minseok?"

Luhan wasn't expecting what happened next, instead of getting an answer to his question Minseok cupped Luhan's face with his hands and pulled him down just slightly to kiss him. Luhan's brain stopped for a few seconds, but before he knew it he was returning the kiss. It was something that he's wanted to happen for years, the feeling of Minseok's lips against his, and he wasn't going to let it pass like that.

Minseok pulled away after a while and Luhan bit back the sound of protest that bubbled in the back of his throat. Minseok kept his hands on Luhan's cheeks as he let their foreheads rest against each other, their breath mixing in the small space between them.

"I love you." Luhan's brain seemed to short circuit at the words, no at the confession, coming from Minseok's lips, "You can push me away, kick me out, curse me...whatever you want to do as long as you listen to me until the very end. Is that okay?" Luhan nodded and he didn't even realize Minseok was tense until the other released as shaky breath and moved away from Luhan. He was already missing the other's touch.

"I didn't realize my own feelings until you were no longer by my side." Minseok stared at the floor instead of staring at the other, who stood a few feet away from him, "You might have the wrong idea but the only reason I married her was because she got pregnant from a drunken one night stand and her father found out about it. I was kind of forced into it, the relationship only looked like a happy one on the surface...she liked to keep up appearances. Around sixth months after you disappeared without a trace we got a divorce. In the beginning of the marriage I wanted to stay together for our daughter, but what kind of healthy childhood bloosmed from living in a house where the parents are always arguing?"

Minseok looked up and around the apartment, his eyes settling on anything and everything but Luhan. "She packed her things and left before the divorce was even finalized but she left her six month old daughter behind. I had to take care of Hana and still go to work to earn money so we could survive. Everyone tried to help bbut there was only so much they could do. After three months of struggling I put out an add for a roommate and Wufan's the one who answered it."

"We lived together for a few months before Wufan admitted he liked guys and how his parents disapproved of his preference so much that they sent him away to Canada to keep him away from the man he loves. He came back after severing all ties with his family. They cut him off from his inheritance and all of their money when he defied them but he didn't care as long as he had Yixing by his side."

Minseok paused as he finally let his eyes rest on Luhan, "And that got me asking myself if I ever really loved someone, your face was the first to pop into my mind. At first I was in denial, because I couldn't believe I fell in love with my best friend but the more I thought about it the more obvious it became. I thought about why my relationships never lasted long and it was because they were all missing something and the more I thought about it I finally realized what they were missing." Minseok hesitated a bit before he spoke his next words, "None of them were you."

Silence hung in the room for a few minutes as Minseok tried to recover from the fact that he said such embarrassing words. "After I realized that I was looking for you for a completely different reason, but you found me first."

"Then why'd you walk out on me when I confessed everything before?"

"I know it's gonna sound stupid but I ran because it was to good to be true." Minseok let out a nervous laughter as his eyes moved away from Luhan once more, "When I told Wufan that I ran he called me stupid because the one I love loves me back and I just ran from him. It was pretty stupid of me." Minseok's eyes met Luhan's and they silently stared at each other for what felt like forever.

"I guess I'll take my leave now." Minseok gave Luhan a small smile before breaking their eye contact and heading towards the front door. He wasn't expecting Luhan to reach out and grab his wrist to stop him.

"Can't you stay for a little longer?" Luhan's voice was barely above a whisper but it seemed to echo throughout the apartment.

"I'll stay until you want me to leave." Luhan tugged on Minseok's wrist with enough force to have him turn around so they were staring into each other's eyes once more.

"You aren't lying to me, right?"

"Why would I lie to you," Minseok asked with a small smile, "I might do some stupid things but I've never lied to you and I don't plan on starting now." Minseok let out a small sound of surprise as Luhan pulled him into a bone crushing hug. He buried his head into the crook of Minseok's neck and held onto the other for dear life, as if once he let go the other would just disappear and everything would have been nothing more then a cerulean trick.

Minseok wrapped his arms around Luhan and the taller male let out a shaky breath, "You're not allowed to take it back." Luhan's voice was muffled by Minseok's neck and he could feel the other shaking from the effort of keeping his tears in, "I've been waiting for this moment for, what feels like, forever...I never thought it would happen...that it was possible."

"Well it's happening," Minseok said with a small laugh as he rubbed circles into Luhan's back, "So don't go thinking this is just a dream."

Luhan pushed away from Minseok with the brightest smile he had seen in a while, "Whoever said first loves never work out were lying." Luhan used the sleeve of his shirt to rub his eyes, "Because mine is in front of me and I'm going to make sure it lasts forever."

When Wufan, Hana, and Yixing entered the apartment several hours later they found Luhan with his back against Minseok's chest and a single blanket wrapped around the both of them. The credits for a movie were playing on the screen. Hana was going to run up to them and wake them up but Wufan quickly grabbed her before she made it to far.

"Daddy is tired," he said to her as he and Yixing lead her hack out of the apartment, "Let's let him sleep a little longer okay?" She nodded as she wabbled ahead of them.

"Do you wanna go anywhere Hana," Yixing asked her.

"Pwayground!"

"To the playground!" Hana nodded as she took a hold of Wufan's hand and Wufan easily interlaced his fingers with Yixing.

"It looks like we don't have to lock them up in a room after all." Yixing hummed in agreement as the trio made their way towards the park.