-

In love with my best friend.

Having a best friend was one thing. Having an idol as a best friend was totally different. 

 
Last time, it used to be you and Baekhyun against the world. Having known each other since you were in diapers, the both of you were practically by each other's side throughout every moment of your lives, special, important or not. You knew each other better than you knew yourselves and Baekhyun was the friend whom you knew that you'd know until the day you die. You would never want to imagine losing a friend like him. Loving, caring, protective and everything else. Somewhere in between those years of friendship, you fell for him. You fell hard. But now wanting to spoil the close bond you had with each other, you decided to keep your feelings to yourself. Baekhyun was the high school's heart throb. He was handsome and every girl longed to be his. But somehow, he would always reject them, nicely of course. And you always wondered why. 
 
Soon, he had auditioned to be part of SM Entertainment. You know, that company with all the huge, handsome, gorgeous looks groups and idols? You were right there behind him throughout every step. Staying back after school to watch him rehearse his audition over and over again. You never got tired of it though. Because Baekhyun's voice was like heaven to your ears. You were amazed by the talent that he had and SM would be stupid to not accept such a wonderful and amazing boy. 
 
And then, the day came. You had followed Baekhyun and his family to the building where all the auditions were being held at. 
 
"Contestant number 211, Byun Baekhyun?" The woman called. 
 
Baekhyun stood up, and took a deep breath. His parents gave him a pat on the back and a kiss on his forehead. He walked to you and you gave him a quick and right hug, whispering "Good luck." He walked into the room and everyone waited with anxious hearts. 
 
10 minutes passed and finally, Baekhyun walked out with a big smile on his face with a piece of white paper in his hand. Mrs Byun ran up to her son, giving him the biggest hug ever. Mr Byun ruffled Baekhyun's hair, "I knew you had it in you, son." 
 
You were smiling big, happy for your best friend. He walked over to you, hugged you while spinning your around. "I did it!" You laughed and he put you down, Baekhyun's arm around your neck. "I call for a celebration." Mr Byun said. 
 
Ever since Baekhyun was part of SM, you've been seeing him less frequently. He had to go for practice and vocal classes, you had no idea why because as far as you knew, Baekhyun had the best voice ever. You had this coming though. You knew that you wouldn't be able to see your best friend as much as thing were gonna change. Something that was not gonna change though, was the place that Baekhyun held in your heart. No one would ever be able to replace him. 
 
It reached to the point where you didn't see Baekhyun for a few months. Every time he ha time to go back home, he'd use the time to sleep. You didn't blame him though. The hard work you had to put in into being an idol was no joke. Still, you left him messages saying not to overwork himself and things like that. 
 
One day, you received a call from Mrs Byun, asking you to go to YouTube and search SM's channel. You wondered why, but did as told anyway. Few minutes later, you saw a familiar face on one of their videos. 
 
"Mrs Byun, is that....."
 
"That's Baekhyun, _____! That's my son! He's going to debut soon!"
 
You were too shocked for words. Your best friend was going to be an idol. Your best friend was going to be a star. You grabbed your cell and texted Baekhyun, telling him your congrats. You didn't receive a reply though, but you knew he had his reasons. 
 
Another month passed and Baekhyun's group, also know as EXO, had finally had their debut stage. Of course you didn't miss it. Baekhyun was in the Korean part of the group, EXO-K, having a role as their main vocal. When Baekhyun appeared on screen, you couldn't take your eyes off of him. He looked perfect. He was skinner now and his hair was of a different colour. And he grew more attractive too. You were so proud of your best friend. But you longed to see him and hear his voice once again. 
 
 
It was a rainy Monday evening an as much as you hated the start of the week, the rain made up for your happiness. You were never much of a sun person anyway. 
 
When you got home, you kicked your shoes off and jogged into the toilet to take your wet clothes off. You took a warm shower and put on a sweater and sweat pants that would warm yourself a bit. 
 
After doing so, you headed downstairs into the kitchen, where you planned on making some chicken soup for yourself before starting on your homework and assignments. As you were taking out the ingredients, someone had pressed on your doorbell. 
 
Putting down whatever you had in your hands, you walked to the door and opened it.
 
The man in front of you was drenched wet from head to toe, but he still had his flawless smile on his face. 
 
"Baekhyun!" You pulled him inside your house and closed the door shut. 
 
"You're gonna get sick, Baek." You said as you try prying his jacket off. "Wash up in my toilet. I'll leave clothes on my bed." 
 
He ignored your instructions and looked straight into your soul. 
 
"Baekhyun!" 
 
"I've not seen you for almost a year and the first thing you say when you see me is 'wash up'?" 
 
"I've missed you. So much. You're an idol now. And you're drenched wet. I don't want you getting sick. What if your manager blames me?" 
 
"Still the same old ______," he laughs as he makes his way into your room. 
 
You take Baekhyun's spare clothes from the guest room, where he usually sleeps when he stays over, and leave it on your bed. 
 
By the time you had finishe making your chicken soup, Baekhyun had washed up. 
 
"I made chicken soup." You say as you pour the soup into two bowls. 
 
Suddenly, a pair of arms wrap themselves around your waist from the back. You could feel Baekhyun's chest resting against your back and his chin on your shoulder. 
 
"I missed you," he inhales your scent, "So much." 
 
Baekhyun was never much of a person to show skinship. It was weird of him to do so but you didn't mind. 
 
"I've missed you too, Baek." 
 
He grabs your hand in his and leads you to the sofa, leaving the bowls of chicken soup in the kitchen. You sit down beside him in utter silent, your heas resting in his shoulder, his head resting on yours. The silence was not awkward at all. It was great to be in each other's presence again and to be honest, you never want this moment to end. 
 
"I miss this." He whispers. 
 
"Me too." You sighed. "How's the life of an idol?" You ask, facing him with a smile. 
 
"It's hard and frustrating. But the worst part is that I never have the time to see you anymore." 
 
"We're together now, aren't we?" You try make your voice sound strong, not wanting him to see the weak side of you. Not wanting him to know how much it kills you on the inside, not being able to see and spend time with him anymore. 
 
Unknowingly, a drop of tear slides down your cheek. Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and wipes it away with his thumb. 
 
"Why are you crying?" 
 
"I'm just happy. Happy that you're here now." You try smiling, but you knew that he could read the sadness in your eyes. 
 
"Lies." 
 
He takes your hands in his and give them a right squeeze. He proceeds to rub your knuckles with thumb. 
 
"I've had this feeling inside of me ever since high school, but I never had the courage to confess it to you. 
 
"Somewhere in between those laughters and tears we shared, I had unknowingly fallen for you. And the past year had been hell for me, not being to see you, your smile, hear your laughter and lame jokes." He laughs. 
 
"But the worst feeling was not knowing wether you had met another guy, a guy who would take over my place-"
 
"No one could ever take your place in my heart as my best friend," you pause, "and also the guy I love."
 
Baekhyun's head shoots up and he stares into your eyes softly, a smile slowly forming on his lips. 
 
"Since when?"
 
"High school." You smile to him. 
 
Baekhyun looks into your eyes once more before leaning in, pressing his soft lips against yours. Both lips fit perfectly with each others, as though one was made for the other. And you have know found your perfect match. The kiss was slow and passionate, but Baekhyun pulled away, taking a breather. 
 
"If only the both of us had told each other our feelings." He said. 
 
"Doesn't matter. We're together how, right?" He nods with a smile. 
 
"I know it's gonna be tough,with me being away most of the time. But I promise to be by your side whenever I have the time to. I swear. And even though I won't be around most of the time, I think that no amount of time spent with you will ever enough for me." 
 
Your hand reached up to his cheek and you then softly while nodding. 
 
"I love you." 
 
"I love you too."