Lipstick

Lipstick

 

 

Nana sat legs-crossed at the far end of the hallway, unwinding the tape from her paddle. Looking like the picture of Ping-Pong Perfection. Almost as if, if at that very moment a talent agent were to swing by she would be assigned to a group that very instant. A few guys walked by acknowledging her presence.

“Hey Nana-shi.” One said. Nana looked up eyelashes fluttering.

“Omo.” She started again. “How do you know my name?” she turned her agyeo up the max, immediately knowing that her victims were being crushed but in a good way.

“Noona’s really popular here for her backhand.” Another one piped up. Nana’s eyes widened as she put the tape back into her bag.
“Jinjaw? I’m so happy!” She grinned at them sending each on into their own personalized sugar shock.

The back door opened and closed briefly revealing a couple of tall handsome figures.

“Jowa…”Nana barely uttered underneath her breath. She analyzed both and targeted her next victim.

“Oh, Noona!” One of them called for her. Her eyes widened, was that Mir? The Mir that she used to tutor for extra money, and would beg her to cook for him? It was.

“You, skunk hair.” Her lip turned up.

“Noona, why are you being like this?” He whined and went to hug her.

“Jima!” She pushed him away lightly and glanced at his friend at the end of the hallway. He seemed to be preoccupied in the cellphone.

“ Bye Sarah next time I’ll pay.” He grinned and met eyes with Nana. Nana quickly averted her eyes and suddenly felt itchy.

“Aigoo. He’s so familiar.” She muttered again. Feeling her cheeks blush lightly.

“Noona, are you okay?” Mir asked.

“Yah! Why would you ask that?” she snapped at him.

“Such a temper spoils a wife.” Mir murmured.

“Just go introduce me to your friend.” She clenched her teeth at him.

“Why? Where’s Lizzy?” He looked around.

“Let me meet your chingu first.”

“Wae, noo-“ Mir barley finished before Nana slapped his shoulder gaining  couple of stares from the passer-byers.  Nana quickly took action.

“OH, aigoo!” She started “ Our Mir’s shoulders are sore.” She slapped his other arm until they were gone.

“Bali!” She sent him off. Nana pretended to inspect her rhinestone studded paddle until her returned. She glanced up, that when she realized exactly who he was.

Lee Chansung. They had both lived in the same apartment building until they were 10. Nana’s eyes widened as she hastily tried to contemplate whether to abandon the situation or to continue. Nana’s flickered around nervously as she untwisted the handle of her paddle to reveal a small tube of peachy lipstick. She applied it like a pro and wiped the corners of .

“Noona,” Mir started again.” This is my hyung Lee Joon-shi.” Nana’s eyes slowly went over him head to toe. He grew up, his hair was cut American style and his features were grown into, more defined. Nana could immediately feel the pain rekindle when he told her he would be moving away.

“Nana, please don’t cry next time you see me, you’ll be calling me Oppa.” He grinned.

“Yeah right.” She looked at him underneath her eyelashes. Before kissing his cheek. Nana shrieked to her surprise when Joon turned his head and met her lips. Their kiss was sweet and childish.

Nana blinked back those memories

 

“Oh, anhasseyeo. She half bowed respectfully and filled her hair up  making sure that they both caught a whiff of her strawberry dream shampoo.

“Im Nana Immeda.” She flashed a smile at him. There was no return, not even a glimmer of familiarity in his eyes.

“Nice to meet you.” He said kind of deadpan. Nana felt a kind of twinge in her heart, like someone was trying to see how much she could take before she blew her good girl cover. Mir kind of slid between them.

“Noona where’s Lizzy?” He piped up again. Nana glanced at him verbally face-palming him.

“She’s at the Hakwon.” She blankly replied just like an ice princess. She then returned her attention back to Joon.

“So how long have you been here, you sound kind of foreign.” She grinned again. Mir slumped away to a hand ball court. Joon watched him leave.

“Well actually, I just got back from Germany.” The door closed and Nana looked up at Joon.

“Nana-shi, do you remember me?” The coldness in his eyes faded away like steam. Nana felt chills run up and down her spine. She involuntarily stretched on her tippy-toes to kiss his cheek and just like clockwork Joon’s lips met hers. She slowly reached her hand up to his collar and to rub a smear of Peach colored lipstick but was stopped immediately by the touch of his hands on her free one. Nana opened her eyes and dropped her paddle onto the floor then finally pulled away.

“Oppa…” Her eyes widened at him. She looked down at her hand and saw a mark, “LJ.”

Lee Joon she thought. Her heart fluttered. Joon smirked and backed away glancing over his should and the mirror behind him.

“I see you’ve been busy.” She pointed at the hand tattoo.

“So have you.” He retorted.

“Chansung, did you eat?” She asked him softly.

“Nope, but I really would like something.” He replied. He grabbed her hand and led her out.

Mir came out from the room. He scoffed upon looking at a stamp and a paddle.

“Those two are too much. Really.” He held back a smile and took Nana’s phone from her bag, then proceeded to call Lizzy.