Cellphone Pabo

Baby Faced ahjusshi

 

Eun Jung’s apartment 6:28 pm

I threw down my satchel at the door and took off my shoes.

“Aish such a long day…” the bell on my cat’s collar rang as he brushed his head against my black jeans, leaving a couple of gray hairs.

“Yah, Moby you can’t just leave your hair wherever you want to!” I playfully scolded him.  i mY stomach grumbled and anger tune .Walking into the kitchen I flipped on the light switch and grabbed a pot.

“Ajusshi! What do you want fo-“ I stopped myself. He wasn’t here. He got on his plane hours ago.

“I should be happy he’s gone, but now I just feel  like a crazy old cat lady.”  There was a note on my mirror.

“Ajusshi…” my cell rang and nearly buzzed off the counter.

“Gah! Who is calling me man you’ve been blowing up my phone all day!” I snatched my phone off the counter then pushed the cat away from the bread box.

“Get down Moby, you’ll make  people sick.” Moby jumped down and glared at me before prowling into another room.

“Anyo?” I looked my phone.

“Eun Jung-ah you look horrible! Come over to my house right now!” Hyomin shrieked through her phones video chat. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Unni are you crazy?” I looked around the fridge.

Beef, beef, rotten kimchi,lettuce, nasty tomatoes….. theres nothing to eat.

“There’s nothing to eat.” I told her.

“Maybe that’s why you should go on that date with me like I told you to.” She replied in a sing-song voice.

“Maybe that’s why  you can’t pass calculus?” I .

“Yah! I did pass, I got a d didn’t i?”

“Barely, If you didn’t cry you would have had to be in the same class as me.”

“ At least…at least….ugh. Whatever please pretty please come with me?” she pouted.

“Why should I come with you?” I sighed and sat down with a can of soda.

“Eun Jung-aaaah.” I was really getting tired of hearing my name now.

“WHAT?!” I snapped at  her.

“ I know about your little problem but don’t worry I went shopping today.” She grinned ear to ear.

“What problem?” I scoffed.

“I went to V.S. today and got you a push up bra.” She said completely unphased.

“WHAT?” I screeched

“You don’t have to thank me now, thank me when we’re out on the date with two very wealthy guys.”  I sighed.

“Fine I’ll be at your house in like twenty minutes okay?” I whined. I dragged my feet over to the bathroom and ran the water to my pride and joy…my bath tub. I mean I worked and I mean worked at that nasty old conveince store for six months to get this model, first in seoul and the best room in my apartment. I stepped in clothes and all.

“Aish, I’m so old.” I splashed under the water.

Thump. Thump.

I jolted straight up. “Moby, is that you?” I yelled trying to rub the soap out of my eyes. Moby’s bell rang as his footsteps approached the door.

Meow. He uttered  as I took a breath of relief.

Thump. Thump..

Meeeeoooooooooooooo- he got cut off. I slid out of the tub and reached for my robe.

“Man I hate cats!” Moby Hissed.

“Moby?” I whispered.

“Where is she?! Let’s just kill her, get the money, and skip town.” Someone grunted.

“Oh aigoo, aigoo.” I bit my lip and fastened my robe around my waist. Who’s she? What money ?

“If your talking about me, I have no money.” I barely spoke underneath my breath.  My heart sped up. There are people in my house—who  want to kill me. I don’t under stand. A couple of tears ran down my face before I quickly wiped them away. Appa, Umma where are you now?  I feel like a child….