The Weird Queenka

The Weird Queenka

 

   YuMi got attention no matter where she went, throughout her whole life participating in beauty pageants, she quit when she entered college because she wanted to focus on her studies. She won most of them anyways so it wasn’t a big deal but she never had any close friends, just people she talked to. No one wanted to be involved with someone like her, they were always either using her for attention or didn’t want to be friend her because they didn’t trust that she was being sincere. She was heading for the abandon music room greeting everyone that said hi, which was most of the people she passed.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” She shouted after she made sure she was alone before messing up her hair. She was fed up with being so friendly with everyone but being by herself, she once confided in her mother since her mother was in the same boat as she was but her mother just said, ‘Why do you need friends when they all pine to be you?”

“Why is it you’re either screaming or muttering to yourself whenever I see you?” The mysterious guy asked in the door way looking at her questionably. She had already bumped into him about five times this month and every one of those times she was doing things that could potentially risk her title Queenka.

“Because you have a habit of picking the worst times to show up where I am besides, what are you doing in here?” She responded rolling her eyes at the guy, not caring that she wasn’t acting how she would with anyone else. It wasn’t like there was much to lose since he had already seen her acting like a psychopath.

“No one told you to act like a maniac. Not that it concerns you but I was planning on using this room because it’s quiet.” He answered as he leaned against the wall boredly, YuMi shook her head at his answer because she didn’t expect it to be anything more enlightening. “Who are you anyways?”

“Don’t you think you should introduce yourself first? Han YuMi.” She responded as she put her hair up in a ponytail because she didn't feel like making sure every strand of hair was in place.

“Kim JongIn, or Kai.” He introduced himself as he walked further into the room before he began to stretch, YuMi wanted to ask more but she looked at the time and if she didn’t leave she would be late for her next class.

   YuMi sat in class writing down notes despite she wasn’t paying attention to what they were learning about, she was to busy thinking about the mysterious guy that she kept bumping into. Sure he was attractive but that wasn’t what got her, it was weird to find someone who didn’t know who she was. He was probably the only person other than her family, who knew her real personality.

  A week past and YuMi was sitting in the abandoned music room rolling around on the ground. It was a good thing that she cleaned the room often, she was yelling random things. It was about that time that the pageant was going to be held and everyone was saying how she should join it, it was bad enough she had to deal with her mother nagging at her that she should join it.

“Being weird like always.” Kai said as he walked in with his lunch before he sat on the floor by the mirror. The two ate the food silently not saying anything to the other, Kai watched her silently. He had asked a few of his friends if they knew who she was, in which they told him with a slap to the head. They told him that she was the Queenka of the school, he thought they had all lost their mind because he couldn’t see how this strange girl was the Queenka.

“Why do you keep looking at me like that?” She asked full of food making him wonder even more.

“How are you the Queenka of the school?” He asked bluntly looking at her, she began coughing because she was in the middle of eating when he asked, she didn’t expect that question, since everyone else told her that they weren’t surprise she was Queenka.

“Because I’ve been pageant queen multiple time and I’m a pageant baby.” She answered honestly, cleaning her face up before she looked at him. “Why are you asking all of the sudden?”

“I just found out last week, when I asked my friend about you but I didn’t believe them because I imagined the Queenka being cool not weird.” Kai answered with a shrug before taking another bite of his sandwich.

“Who’s your friend?” She asked, she knew quite a few of the students so she was sure she might have known him.

“I’m sure you know him, he’s the Kingka of the school Kris.” Kai answered not really caring about the topic they were talking about.

“Ahh Kris.” She responded finishing her food up.

“Why are you never with your friends, they must feel horrible because you abandon them.” Kai spoke, he had seen her talk to other people but the interaction was never a friend like interaction.

“Maybe they would..” She said simply, Kai shook his head. He figured she was going to act like that, Kris may be his friend but the guy still had an ego. “If I had any.”

“I’m sure you have some, you’re the Queenka.” Kai said rolling his eyes.

“I am the Queenka but with that everyone thinks I’m too good for them to be my friend.” YuMi said with a sigh, it got her mad every time she thought about it. “That’s what all the muttering and screaming was about.”

  The two bid farewell to each other because they had to get to class. Kai sat down next to Kris not really listening to what the other was talking about since it was something about the up and coming beauty pageant, Kai never had any interest in beauty queens because all of them had this air of cockiness something like Kris had.

“Did you know the Queenka was beauty queen since she was a kid? She hasn’t participated in one since she started college though and so everyone is hoping she’ll join this one.” Kris said the topic finally taking Kais interest. Despite her explaining, he didn’t get how the girl he had met and this pageant beauty plus Queenka were the same person.

“Why did she quit pageants?” Kai asked.

“I’m not sure, I think it was because she wanted to focus on her studies.” Kris answered with a shrug.

   Another week passed and the pageant is getting closer, YuMi wasn’t happy her mother had nagged her into joining, talking about how she is only this young once and she would regret it once she’s older and so here she was running laps on the track field to get her body in shape for it. She kept herself motivated by muttering complaints to herself about how this makes her dislike the whole idea of being force to do this.

“You could lose your image if someone would see you acting like this.” Kai said as she ran past him. He was on his way to go meet up with some friends when he had seen her running, which was different then how he normally found but she was still muttering to herself like always.

“At this point I could care less if I lose my image.” She panted as she stopped to sit herself down on the grass next to him.

“I heard you’re going to compete in the beauty pageant. What made you stop them in the first place?” Kai commented as he sat himself down next to her before he sent a text to his friends telling them he was either going to be a bit late or he wasn’t going to go at all.

“I stopped going to them because I wanted to study and I was getting fed up with all the girls that were involved in the things, only reason I’m joining this one is because my Mom is nagging me to.” YuMi answered anyways, it was the first time someone seemed to be interested actually talking to her. “You’re not a reporter of some kind are you?”

“No, I get my information from Kris and besides you’re the Queenka , so it isn’t that hard to find out things about you.” Kai responded with a shrug, it wasn’t like he was stalker it was just Kris would go on the topics and Kai would get interested. “I’ve also heard you and Kris are dating.”

“Where did you hear that? I’ve only talked to him a couple of times and that’s it, plus from those times I could tell he has quite the ego.” YuMi replied rolling her eyes at the thought. She had gotten involved with a guy with an ego and it didn’t end well because of the fact she couldn’t handle dealing with those kinds very well.

“That he does but don’t write him up as a bad guy.” Kai said defending his friend.

“Now that I think about it, you somehow know all this about me but I know close to nothing about you. How is that fair?” She asked looking at him accusingly.

“Because, why would I want a weirdo to know things about me.” Kai answered earning a punch in the arm by the girl before she got up and went back to running. Kai sat and debated with himself on either being lazy or run with her, after a while he chose the latter.

  Two months past and the two have found themselves hanging out more. YuMi was glad for the company, she felt comfortable around him and she was glad, he still thought she was weird but she didn’t care at least he kept talking to her. He was the closest thing to a friend she has had in a long time and she was happy with that.

  Kai was sitting with the audience waiting for the pageant. He wasn’t going to attend but he decided to anyways, he wanted to see the difference with his YuMi and Queenka YuMi. The show began and the girls came out in elegant dresses his eyes automatically searched for YuMi, he spotted her. She was wearing a light blue dress that went down to her ankle with a tear in the side till mid-thigh, her hair was up in a bun with two pieces of hair framing her face.

  The show ended and Kai was waiting for YuMi to come out of the dressing room. He could see now completely why YuMi was Queenka, she had a way of carrying herself despite not liking her surroundings. YuMi was greeting and thanking everyone after they congratulated her for her win before she spotted him leaning on the wall awkwardly, she excused herself to walk over to him.

“What are you doing here?” She asked with a smile, glad to be out of the dresses.

“I came to congratulate you on your win.” Kai said as he gave her a smile of his own.

“There is no need for congratulations, it was expected of her to win. Isn’t it that right YuMi?” MiNa spoke. YuMi was surprised to see her mother at the pageant, since she never even confirmed that she was going to join it in the first place. “Who are you young man?”

“He’s no one that concerns you Mom.” YuMi said defensively as she looked at her mother. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to watch you of course.” MiNa answered rolling her eyes at her daughter before walking closer to the young man. “He’s quite handsome YuMi, I wouldn’t mind calling him my son in law.”

“Maaa, he’s just a friend. Why are you talking about son in laws, I told you I don’t want kids and if I do I want them out of love not on who’ll make the prettier baby.” YuMi whined with a blush covering her cheeks. YuMi grabbed her mom before pulling them away from the confused guy. “I'll talk to you later Kai.”

   YuMi found herself in the abandon music room once again but this time trying get away from everyone congratulating her on her win. She wished it would just blow over already, she hated all the attention and it was getting worse. It was Valentine’s Day and like always she had piles of gifts and chocolates but none of them were because she was her, she got them because she was Queenka and a beauty queen. Kai walked in surprised that she wasn’t screaming or muttering to herself.

“Are you sick or something? You’re not muttering or screaming.” Kai asked as he walked over to her and put his hand on her forehead but she smacked it away as soon as it touched.

“Sorry, I’m not feeling any good today.” She said looking down at her hands. He sat down next to her and looked at her.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“It’s lonely.” She responded softly not looking at him before explaining more. “Everyone thinks being Queenka is such a wonderful thing but it’s not. None of the girls want to be friends with me because they either don’t like the attention or just want to be friends with me to get attention and the guys they don’t want to get involved with me seriously because the fan boys or their afraid of losing me.”

“Why are you sad about it? It’s their lost not yours and besides, what other friends do you need when you have me.” Kai comforted cheekily making her laugh a little.

“You as in the person who thinks I’ve lost my mind and that I’m weird.” YuMi replied rolling her eyes halfheartedly.

“Exactly because at least I’m here because of you being weird and not anything else.” He said with a smile before passing her what he had in his hand with a bit of blush. “I know this is cheesy to do today. YuMi, you have got to be the weirdest person I’ve ever known but I’ve grown to like you the more I talk to you and at this point it’s not like anymore. Han YuMi, I’m in love with you.”