1

of an albino and the tanned boy

 

 Oh, summer ! It's not really anyone's fault that i couldnt go out and run around,bathed by the warm and rich sunlight like those guys outhere on my new neighbourhood.I just stood there on my big new window covered by crystal clear glass,staring longingly to the teens that were right then playing soccer,but clearly it wasnt.They jusy kicked everything on they feets,including their friend's .It's fun though, Daddy would freak out if he saw them,he was the best player ever.That's why mommy married him for anyway.So, i just pressed my fingers eagerly to the window,wishing i could have fun kicking like them too.Really,sometimes i hope i'm not an albino.It's nothing serious,i just couldnt go out on sunny and hot day unless i want to get my skin i baked or even roasted,otherwise i'm just fine and healthy.Ofcoz i've been called a 'white alien' for as long as i knew,that's what keeping me save inside the house anyway, but atleast my eyes were not blue,as if being a blonde korean wast freak enough.Thank God.
 
"Baby,wanna say hello to your new friend?," Mommy asked as he saw me latched to the window like freaking leech.I quickly retreated,embarrassed being caught acting desperate, while shaking my head vehemently.
 
"They're not my friends yet,besides,i dont wanna burn my skin off." Mommy sighed,ruffling my hairs gently.
 
"Want me to invite them here then?" 
 
"No dont!Please dont!" I widened my eyes.
 
"They'll think i'm a freak,then they dont wanna play nere here again,then i have nothing to look at anymore..." i said poutily,voice trailing dryly.Yeah,called me paranoid,but i've experienced something worse than being called freak and white alien before.Poor me? Yeah, you should say that often.We both knew it's the truth anyway.
 
"Baby,dont say that!Fine,forget i ever suggest anything to you.I'll invite them when you're ready,ok?," Mommy uttered softly,wearing that guilty look he had wore for all these years.I silently nodded,for the sake of casting off that look from Mommy's beautiful face.I hated it when he blamed himself like that.It's no one's fault seriously.
 
"Channie,are you ready yet? We have to go now,babe." I heard Daddy called as he came to the living room,stuffing his car key into his pocket.
 
"Coming~ So baby,daddy and i are going to the town to buy furnitures for your new room and some curtains,i'm pretty sure it's going to be hours before we got back,so i'd cook you dinner,eat up ok?Dont wait for us.Make sure all the doors and windows are lock when it's dark coz i heard there's alot of ert here.And dont forget to..."
 
"Himchannie,he's not a baby anymore,right buddy? Want anything?" I grinnned,highfiving daddy when mommy just rolled his eyes,grabbing his purse with a huff.
 
"Buy me popcorn,icecream,new sunglasses and oh,a goldfish!Make sure there's pebbles and mini house for it on the bowl!" Daddy raised a brow at my bizzare demand but nodded anyway.
 
"Let's go Gukkie~ Take care,baby.." "Later buddy~ " i waved them goodbye. "Bye mommy,daddy.."
 
 
 
 
 
I found myself latched to the window again,staring enviously at the group playing goofily.Someone had caught my attention though, the one that wore that perpetual childish grin,and his flawless tanned skin really stood out among his peers.I found myself involuntarily smiling wide when that guy wore his bright smile,as bright as the sun,causing my heart to suddenly overwhelm by satisfaction.Out of the blue, his gaze hooked with mine and he froze,staring intensely at me with that charming gaze his small eyes could offer and i pressed myself closer to the window,replying his stares.Even when his friends had kindly kicked the ball that collided with his face head-on he didnt stir at all.And was that blood ran down his nose?I felt going out there and slapped some senses to him when he just stood there staring at me slightly gaping while his friends were panicking,even wiped his blood off for him and i didnt understand it at all.
 
"oh.." Then it all dawned to me that he probably thought he just saw a white alien in his new neighbour house and he was contempleting whether to break-in and caught the alien or just focusing on blocking his mind from being invade by the alien.Funny.Not really.Even if it's just my thought.That's really a mood killer.I slumped to my couch,a fraction of a second before his friends turned their heads my way.Im lucky they didnt get a chance to witness an alien inside of the house like their tanned friend did.Eventually i decided to have my beauty sleep for the rest of the day.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Yah Zelo~ Do you want to play outside with me if we have a chance?", i asked my goldfish gloomily.Zelo gaped few times,like goldfish always did,blinking at me.
 
"I guess it's a yes?Promise?Good.." I love my goldfish.Zelo didnt think i'm an alien.If he did,then he's not showing it.Daddy really picked a good one for me.
 
It was raining and i wished i could play out in the rain with Zelo ofcoz.I placed Zelo's bowl on the base of my window and we both stared outside boredly.The boys scattered to their homes after the rain started getting harsh leaving only the tanned boy alone on the vast pavement.I kept hiding myself behind the curtain once in a while coz that boy just love to glance at my window frequently,probably hoping to witness the white alien again.Yeah,i'm still paranoid.
 
Initially he was just rooted to the ground,feeling the rain dropped to his palms then he started dancing,shuffling,cramping,popping and everything in the rain making him drenched all over.Had he gone mad?But the way he kept plastering that bright smile made me wanted to join him so badly.It looked fun.So carefree and contented.The rain started to get violent,splashing wildly on my window,making me lost sight of him.I got worried,pressing my face to the window,squinting hard enough to scan for his presence.What if he fainted or knocked by a car or even struck by lightning? My trains of thought brought to halt when his face suddenly appeared on my window,scaring the living daylight out of me,causing me to intuitively jumped back,tripping my legs on the couch before landing on the floor,face first.I rubbed my face in agony,looking up to him who was still there,laughing at me.So he thought a tripped alien was funny,huh? 
 
I hastily got on my feet,stepping few good metres away from the window,glaring daggers at him.He noticed my crossed antic and frantically clasped his palm to his mouth to stop his laughter,even rubbing his hands together apologetically to add the effect.I chuckled,fascinated by the way he look so remorseful for such petty thing,on top of looking cute,all drenched like that.
 
I guessed he couldnt hurt me,so i got bold,stepping closer to the window,pressing my palms firmly against the clear glass to look at him closer.Much to my amazement,he too pressed his wet palms to where i placed mine,only seperated by thin layer of cold clear glass.I could felt the coldness of his palms 
radiated to my warm one,and i couldnt help myself wanting to warm his hands with my own.
 
After a few moment,i then pressed my forehead to the icy cold glass trying to consume more of his presence.I was really interested,i never been this close to anyone other than my parents before.Surprisingly,he did the same,and our foreheads pressed together,only confined by a few millimeters of transparent glass.
 
We slowly drank in each other's feature.My eyes travelled from his curious wild orbs,to his well sculptered nose,to his soft pink plushy lips,to his distinctly sharp jawline.The way the trails of water slid slowly from his flawless tanned cheeks to his neck down to his perfectly chiselled torso was the best sight i ever seen.I couldnt deny myself that i've slowly fallen for this tanned stunning and strange neighbour of mind with each passing seconds.Then we hooked gaze again.He smiled and i smiled and God,help me,my heart was practically knocked on my sternum harshly trying to break free.
 
I saw him mouthing something to me but before i could interpret it he suddenly being pulled away from the window.Then,all i could see was he'd been dragged by someone that might be his mom who held an umbrella with the other hand.I stared apologetically as his face flushed in shame,wriggling weakly from the grasp as he tried to flee from the embarassing scene.I chuckled.He was really funny.
 
"I'm glad he didnt hate white alien."
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
The next sunny and hot evening,my window was knocked by someone but when i glanced at it there was no one.I stood infront of the window awkwardly,staring intently for any sign of presence and eventually a hand and a stalk of pink gorgeous daisy popped out on my sight.Judging from the colour and texture of the skin of the mysterious hand,it must be the tanned boy again and that's why i wasnt able to help myself grinning cheek to cheek that i almost ripped my mouth into two seperate portion.
 
I broke into a hearty laugh when that hand pointed it's finger at me vehemently then to the flower,then morphed into into a thumb up.I guess he's trying to say that me and the flower looked good? No one ever compare me to a flower before and this meant alot.
 
A second later,he stood awkwardly infront of the window,sheepishly holding out his flower to me.I smiled shyly,leaning closser to the window wishing i could take the beautiful flower.He seemed to notice it,so he placed the flower on the base of the window counter.
 
Seconds later,we found our palms pressed together again like yesterday.But this time its different.He's dry and tanned and smiley and having to see him bright and clear like this made my heart flutter.Then, he knocked at the window,pointing at himself before backing a few steps back.I nodded,silently found it necessary to do that coz it just plain rude to leave him hung on out there.He started dancing when he saw my que.The way he's dancing heartily with his overwhelming skills left me awestruck, and i thought daddy was a dancing machine.Suddenly the thought of daddy was at dancing struck my mind and oh,how i should tell him that.I probably shouldnt.
 
Instead,i focused on the dancing boy infront of me,pressing my face to the window eagerly.It was beautiful,with him dancing,showered by the blinding golden sunshine,birds passing by and whatnot.For the first time of my life,i felt extremely appreciated.I felt special.He's an amazing human being and i'm in love.
 
After a while he started dancing comically,swaying his hips,shaking his shoulder and all,like mommy did when he's drunk.It was so humorous that i laughed too loud,stambled backward to the couch before knocking my head to the coffee table.He hastily knocked at the window,eyeing me concernly.I shook my head and got on my feet,signaling i was fine.
 
I giggled when he suddenly got embarassed,blushing madly after he'd stop dancing.I knocked at the window to get his attention,holding my thumbs up,mouthing 'You're awesome' when he had his eyes on me.He beamed happily,half-bowing as he mouthed 'thank you',and i thought i'm happy enough to die now that i already got to witness his heavenly smile.
 
Then,he moved his body to a rhythm no one could particularly hear,but a rhythm nonetheless,eyeing me expectantly with his hand spread out,trying to coax me joining him.I scratched my head,hesitating for a few seconds before catching up with the rhythm he'd created.We moved our body synchronizely,not quite,but similar movement anyway,laughing at intervals as we realized how goofy we were but didnt stop anyway.
 
Until my daddy decided that he should us.I jumped in surprise when he suddenly emerged next to me,blinking at the boy out there who was still dancing happily,didnt really notice my daddy bewildered stare.
 
"Why are you two dancing and who is he?," daddy asked confusely.I blushed,wandering my eyes everywhere but my daddy's handsome visage.
 
"He's my new friend,and i like him.He is so nice to me," i replied shyly,glancing at the tanned boy,who surprisingly still dancing dorkily and i could feel laughter bubbling up on my stomach.He was impossible.
 
When he finally caught daddy staring at him with his arm crossed,he stopped moving altogether,his smile dissolved dramatically,his eyes widened exaggerately.He's not moving and one of his leg hung mid-air,his arms bent in weird angle and i couldnt supress myself from laughing loudly at that, clenching my stomach that started aching,falling to the couch,again.And the slight upward curve on the corner of daddy's lips didnt help to calm my excessive laugher at all.Yes,daddy was laughing too.
 
After he'd calm enough,he wore an awkward smile,bowing profusely to my daddy.
 
"Is he normal?Are you sure you like him? Coz i dont want my favourite son to spend the rest of his life with someone this eccentric and i take no pleasure seeing my son........" My daddy's babbling was bearly reached my eardrum coz i busy replying my crush's goodbye wave and was that a wink? I assumed it was but his eyes were too small so i wasnt sure.I watched him skipping happily to his doorsteps,wishing he would come by often.
 
"....and if anything it'll be best if yo---" Daddy's random rambling was cut off when mommy stuffed daddy's mouth with his freshly baked cookies. "Shut up daddy,please understand my baby's feeling for this once!"
 
Mommy served the tea,eyes not leaving my face.He giggled,making cute faces at me.
 
"Oh,i'm so happy that my baby's in love~" I coughed rather embarassedly,guessing that the wide smile i wore had gave me away wordlessly.
 
"Really?you're in love with that normal-looking-but-not-really-normal boy?" daddy exclaimed.I palmed my redden face,hiding my sheepish smile.Hearing it loud and obvious like that made me felt giddy.Maybe it had something to do with the hormones? and mommy was squeezing the life out of me,sputtering how cute i am more than often.I couldnt be more happier seeing mommy smile like that.
 
"And next time i caught you ing their time,i dont hesitate to paint your studio pink,got that daddy?" Mommy's threat really got through daddy's mind,he didnt even dare to speak,he just nodded.I assumed he's still traumatised by the past where mommy had install fluffy cushions and flowery decoration on his sport car when daddy refused to buy mommy the bag he had wanted and it was not cute.Not at all.And i couldnt imagine his studio being painted pink,like it wasnt fluffy enough our house was the colour of rainbow.Oh blessed my mommy soul for having his way on everything.Not that we could do anything about it though,we still love him so much.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
He came again today,making me laugh with his sock puppets.He had came by often to make the world a better place to live for me.We'll either dance or play silent quizzes,or anything that would make us laugh.We've grown closer though i still didnt know his name,and he didnt know mine and we havent heard each other's voice yet.He got closer to my parents too,sometimes helping mommy to carry heavy things and sometimes play soccer with daddy on weekend.When they play soccer, i would latch to the window,cheering when he scored me a goal.The days had been hot and sunny and i didnt want to risk my health or my skin so i stayed protected under the roof,isolated from the world.I'd used to it so it wasnt a big deal.
 
I wont say this outloud but i thought his soccer skill had surpassed daddy's so called unbeatable talent,and i thought daddy was the best player ever.Eversince he had stepped into my life,my daddy's awesomeness had suddenly dissipated coz he's much more amazing and i'm not gonna admit it outlout though.Daddy used to think he was my idol and i didnt want him sad,coz he still is,only that he's not that awesome anymore.Yeah,screw the hormones for messing up my whole system.I love my daddy,i love my daddy,i love him too.....God..
 
"Are you sure you didnt want me to invite him here?" 
 
"Oh mommy,please dont! I'm not ready yet!" Which in my defence was true since i'm still paranoid,afraid that he might leave me when he realised i'm really a white alien.It's good enough i got to play with him and i dont wanna risk it.
 
But one particular day,he was late from usual and i'm kinda panicking,thinking that he didnt want to play with me anymore.I got so worried that i risked my skin and stepped outside to the balcony where there's enough shade for me.The air was dry and warm and i could feel my skin started to contract.But having to breathe on fresh air was intensely intoxicating and i took my time to explore my own balcony,until i saw him skipping happily to my window.Oh Goh,i was about to face him and what should i do? I was nervous and instead of facing him,i chickened out,hiding behind daddy's large replica of Moai on the porch silently.I peeked at him who was right then glancing at the door expectantly,knocking the window lightly when no one responded.Then, he got worried,pressing his face to the window in attempt to scan for my presence.
 
I didnt want to make him worry but i'm still paranoid.But then i guessed it wont hurt to try,right? Even if it did hurt me,i'll be fine,right? coz i've been hurted alot before.In the end i managed to muster up all the guts i had and stepped away from the Moai,carefully approaching him.He didnt notice me yet.
 
"Are you looking for me?" i voiced out softly.He froze on his spot for a while,before turning to face me in a slow motion almost dramatically,with eyes fully widen.He took a sharp intake of breath,slightly gaping,like Zelo did.
 
"Poppin'pumpkin...Dont tell me i'm dead coz i just saw an angel,which is impossible coz i'm not dead yet but still,there's an angel in front of me and he's asking me if i was looking for him and yeah,i've been waiting for someone like him for all these years of my life..," he randomly sputtered,staring deeply into my eyes.I chuckled at his ridiculous words,he was impossible.
 
His voice was softer than i thought and he was way shorter than me,but then again who didnt? But i knew i had nothing against this newfounding realization coz the fact that we breathed in the same air now had greatly overwhelm me to the core.
 
"So..i..you.." It was a shacky start indeed so i decided to be helpful when i saw him tugging on his shirt desperately for the right word,and his lips more than often,unsure of what to do.He was so cute sometimes.
 
"Hi,i'm Junhong~" i said calmly while holding out my hand,trying to ignore the fact that we've been spending alot of time together that this formal greeting sounded almost ridiculous.He heaved out heavily a few times before grasping at my hands tightly.
 
"Oh my god,hi! I'm Jong up but call me whatever you want.I'm extremely glad to meet you like this,you had no idea Junhongie!!" he beamed excitedly,and i tried to supress the giggle that was threatening to escape my mouth,slightly touched by the fact he had made a nickname for me.I noticed that his hands lingered on mine for few long seconds but i could care less about it coz i felt my fingers coiled around his own warm,calloused one since i didnt want to let him go.Talk about being possesive.And he had nothing against it coz he just smiled his smile,tightening his hold on my grasp.
 
"So,wanna hang out?" I couldnt be anymore agree.We ended up leaning against the wall,sitting close enough on the floor of the balcony that our ankles pressed together.His hand on mine and i took pleasure squeezing his every fingers,admiring at how contrast our skin tone were and how my pale hand fit perfectly into his tanned one.We talked about anything,everything that we've been wanting to tell each other for all this time.
 
Apparently,mommy had confide in him about my disease.That's why now he was trying to reprimand me for being unnecessarily paranoid while he traced his fingers on my bang,observing my original golden hair with awe. "Maybe i should dye my hair blonde to match yours,you know,couple hair~," i heard him muttered and i couldnt help thinking that he was so sweet and thoughtful and i've fallen more for him,if that even possible.
 
"And what's with the white alien thing anyway?Alien didnt even exist,Junhongie~" I pouted,feeling my eyes started to water.
 
"It's based on my experience,ok!You didnt know what i've been through for all these years.I never had a friend before coz they thought being blonde and pale made me a white alien.They were shooting me with freaking laser when they had the chances,thinking they could kill me with that.But what's even more worse was to see the guilty look on mommy's face whenever something like that happened."
 
"Why is that?" he asked hushly,and i appreciated the way he held my hands tenderly coz i felt like tearing up whenever i thought about the expression that mommy had wore for all these years.
 
"He blames himself for making me like this.He thought it was his fault for being ignorant while conceiving me.He was a caffein-addict and used to drink americano atleast 4 glasses a day and still did when he was pregnant with me.Apparently, he didnt know caffein is one of risky mutagents,things that mutate your DNA making them producing abnormal gametes that would become an offspring.So i was born as an albino.I hate myself for making him sad like that.I really really wish i was born normal but then it's all about fate right?"
 
Jong up smiled meaningfully at me. " And i think it is my fate to make you happy.I've heard your stories,and try to understand your predicament.That's why i'm trying really hard to make you smile,to make you happy,coz you deserve it.Everyone deserve to be happy."
 
I could feel my tears slowly slid down from my eyelids as i stared at him.He was beyond amazing and i couldnt find the right word to express my gratitude toward him so i cried instead in his arms,drenching the fabric that clothed his chest with my tears and snots.He wrapped his strong arms around me securely,humming to some tone to soothe me.
 
"I know little about albinism but it must have something to do with your glowing feature and cant see why a perfection like you should be paranoid like this.If you did have a disease then it must be from your excessive beauty that almost made me blind..and almost broke my nose at some point."
 
I looked up from his chest with my teary eyes,blinking at him,trying to hold back a chuckled coz the way he muttered something so cheesy like that with his nonchalant tone and smiley face made me want to laugh to a point i nearly missed his remarks about my beauty.Really? I was that beautiful in his eyes?
 
"Yeah,you could say that.You're the most stunning entity i ever crossed in my entire life," he replied.Yeah,i had thought outloud.I felt the heat started rushing up to my cheeks,biting my lips to conceal my goofy smile.
 
"You're exaggerating," i pointed out shyly.He smiled the bright smile that i loved the most,grazing his thumbs over my cheeks softly,wiping away the remnants of my tears.
 
"I failed to see why i shouldnt." Seriously? This greaseball almost made my heart explode.And to make him aware that he almost kill me inwardly,i kissed him.He was so sweet and nice and his lips look so soft,i just couldnt resist claiming that lips on mine.And he kissed me back,cupping my face gently with his warm hands.It was chaste,sweet and soft and i'm glad he being my first kiss,even if it's obviously my deliberate plan.
 
When we pulled back,he smiled his smile again,staring deep into my orbs.
 
"Please be mine! i seriously want to dye my hair blonde." I giggled,he was impossible.And i decided the smile he wore when i say yes to his question was my favourite smile of all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
end.