Fair

Fair

Final Chapter/Chapter 1: Fair

 

 

 

“We are a couple now”

She smiled at her friends and congratulated them. Tears forming in her eyes, she looked down and bit her thin lips. As she looked up, the couple was still there, an asking gaze on their gaze. Before they could utter a word, she abruptly looked up, gave a fainted smile and ran.

 

She stopped running when she reached the top of the hill. It was then she noticed that she was wearing heels, and her foot was sore from all the running. She slipped her feet out of the heels and held them.

She hissed as she accidently step on a sharp broken glass. She carefully tips toed, afraid to make it worse. As she neared the edge, she settled down and put her heels beside her. She took a look at her injured foot –the wound wasn’t so deep, but deep enough to still make it bleed.

She let out a laugh as she recalled all their memories before this. It was full of laughter and happiness. One can never thought that the girl that was literally bawling her eyes out used to smile brightly. She would always smile around him. He was her main source of happiness. But it was never him and her; it was always, him, her and she.

Her oh so perfect best friend that always got everything, including him. Her best friend who is smarter. Her best friend who is prettier. Her best friend who is richer. Her best friend who has more expression. Her best friend, her one and only dear best friend who captured his heart.

Maybe she wasn’t jealous, but again, maybe she was. Maybe she over reacted, but again, maybe she wasn’t. She was also a mere human being, a person with feelings, a girl with emotions, she is a human.

“I knew you would be here.” A boy panted as he sat beside the girl.

She looked up and saw her other friend, the one that would be in her memories also. But he wasn’t the type to be full of emotions, just like her. But he is flawless. Almost all the girls in her school like him. And to think of it, there were some boys who turned gay for him.

“Wu Fan” “Ai Li” They said at the same time. The boy let out a low laughed but soon fade as he see the tears forming in the girl’s pair or hazel brown eyes.

“You know what Fan, life is very fair. They always pair the lovely and perfect one together, and left the ugly one alone. They would give gold to those who are perfect, and steel to those who aren’t. Well life is pretty much fair isn’t it?” She said as she hung her head low.

Wu Fan could hear her sobs and it pained him in his heart to see her like this. It wasn’t fair, not even a bit. It was not fair that she would never thought about her happiness. Why must she let her got everything? Why must she be the one that hurts the most? Why must she be so kind?

“Maybe if I had confessed to him months ago, I wouldn’t be this sad. Maybe if I didn’t act like a stupid coward and just tell the truth, I would be happy. Maybe If I didn’t bottled up all this feelings and freeze it in my heart, I can smile right now.” She choked out as tears streams down.

“If only…if only I was brave.” She continued.

That was the last straw, she cried again and again. The tears won’t stop streaming down. She shouted to let out all the feelings she had been bottled up. She was the one who met him first, she was the one who knows everything about him. She was the one would always be there for him, it was always she. But now, she had to let go of her place to her, his girlfriend, Yixing's girlfriend Zhao Mei Xing. Now, she is just Xi Ai Li, Yixing's and Zhao Mei Xing's and Wu Yi Fan’s best friend. Wu Fan hugged her and soothed her back, the cries were muffled as she leaned her head on his chest.

Among the four of them, Wu Fan was the first best friend she ever got. Then came Yixing, and last but not least Mei Xing. Wu Fan bitterly laughed at how similar Yixing and Mei Xing’s name sounded.

 And among the four of them, Wu Fan was the one who was always, always there for her. She may not know it, but this awfully hot giant called Wu Fan cared for her. The Wu Fan that was with her since she was 5. He may be a year older than all of them, but that’s what makes him leader-like.

“Come on now, let’s get going. We wouldn’t want an angry dad standing at the door do we?” Wu Fan lightly chuckled as he stood up.

Since Ai Li was holding onto him, she was pulled up with him. She tried steadying but as her right foot made contact with the ground she let out a soft cry. She wanted to sit back down, but Wu Fan had already kneeled down, back facing her. She slowly climb onto his back and hid her face at the crook of his head, not late after that she fell asleep.

“Life is fair if you observe your surroundings, it may be hidden, but it’s worth the find.”