Under the moonlight

Under the moonlight [Entry for Enchanted AFF Writing Contest]

 

  Under the moonlight  

 

The long night awaited me as I laid down in my bed, remiscing the days I had with Gina. It was a short two months. She had already left for the States this evening and would never come back until four years later. After sharing a teary goodbye, she walked through the airport gates to get on the plane with her luggage. That would be the only time I would see her until four years later. Well of course, if I had the money, I would go visit her, and the problem was I didn't.

I still missed her....

I sighed as I sat up from my bed, back leaning the headboard and took out the only picture I had with her. Her beautiful face was decorated with a small bun that sprouted at the side of her head, while me, in my blonde hair posed peace signs before she took the picture. It was taken 2 weeks before we got together, and our first meeting. At that time I was still with Hyuna, my ex-lover. It was a not-so-great two years I had with her, for she was so overbearing with ageyo and cuteness that sometimes I would feel like just puking in front of her face. Frustrated, I went up to the rooftop to get some air and to clear my head of both Gina and Hyuna.

The Seoul citylights shined in their own ways as I looked at the beauty before me. Skycrapers, ferrywheels, temples, churches, shopping malls, business buildings each had their own light to shine. Buses, cars and vans drove all around the city, with occasional horns quitened down as the night fell. The full moon shone the brightest, casting its rays onto everything below it. I sighed at the beauty of the city and nature in front of me and took out the photo I would cherish for the rest of my four years. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply to calm myself and then go back to my bed and sleep.

Before I could open my eyes, a voice called.

"Miss me?"

I turned around, wondering who it would be at 2AM in the morning, on the rooftop with me. A tall, slender woman greeted me. I squinted my eyes and looked closely to make out who she was. My eyes widdened as the lightbulb in my mind clicked and shone.

"K-Kim Hyuna...?"

"Awww, no more Hyunbaby or darling? Just Kim Hyuna?"

The voice sounded again, with tinge of sadness or sarscasm. I could not decipher.

She walked forward to close up the gap between us till we are half a meter apart, with her tall heels clicking behind her. She stood and waited to let me take in all the information I could register in my mind. She looked different, way different from how she dressed. In the past, she was all in for hoodies, colourful and floral clothes. Her hair would either be in a ponytail or a bun, never let down as she said it was too troublesome to maintain. Now her long locks were goddessly curled and cascaded down her shoulders. She wore a long black dress that was up till her ankles. The slit of her dress rode up to her thigh so her long legs could show. Her heels were red and shiny, glistening under the surrounding light. It was like a masterpiece, of elegance and mystery.

I stood there stunned and unable to move. My wide eyes grew even widder as she again walked closer to me. So close that I tried to move backwards, but I could not. My back was already stuck to the railings of the rooftop. Any more further I would be flung off the building and to my death. I gulped as she pressed her weight onto me, our faces just centimetres apart.

Thats when I noticed her face. Her face was beautifully sculpted just like before, but she was significantly paler. Her big eyes looked at me seductively, and thats when I realise, her pupils are not brown, but red, dark red. Under her eyes were faint dark circles, not ruining the look but yet enhancing it. I stood before the beauty in front of me, looking at her. No doubt she might just flung me off the building, I still could not take my eyes off her. 

I clutched the photo in my hands tighter, hoping that she would not see the photo. However it seemed like Heavens did not really liked me today and then her eyes wandered off to my hand, with the photo. Her hands pushed me closer to the railings as if it was not close enough. Her fingers were painted red too, dark blood red.  Her left hand clawed my hoodie a little, while her right icy hand took the photo from me.

She took a look and her eyes widdened, her pupils grew redder and redder. There were a tinge of betrayal and hurt. She took another look at me. My eyes were big and widdened, my mouth went dry as I could not speak. My hands became cold and clammy. My breaths became ragged. The corners of grew up and formed a smirk. 

She leaned in closer to me and to my ears and whispered in her deep, husky voice.

"I will make you forget her. Just trust me."

I gulped harder as her cold icy breath touched my ear. She then leaned back and smirked at me for one last time. That was when she bared her teeth and showed her two extra long teeth also known as fangs. I was nervous. I was shocked.

I was scared. 

I tried to run but her weight pressed on harder and I was rooted with fear. She leaned in and targeted my neck. The veins in my neck pulsed harder as her cold icy breath neared them. I shutted my eyes and waited for the pain. Now I could only submit to my fate and take it like a man.

Her cold tongue first a little of my neck and jolts of electricity seemed to pass through my body, leaving my heart beating faster than the speed of light. Then that was when the finale came. 

Her fangs sunk into my flesh, sending waves and waves of pain. I winced in the pool of pain I was about to dive in and let out a low groan. I could feel her smirking under my hair as she little by little before dropping me to the ground.

I laid down at the ground as little by little of life slipped away from me. My heartbeat slowed to zero and my whole body turned cold and icy. The photo that was in Hyuna's hands dropped and self destruct in a pool of fire that came out of nowhere. Hyuna also backed away from me and walked into a portal before vanishing into thin air, leaving only the clicks of her heels resounding my ears. 

"Kim Hyuna, I am now your slave and you're my master.." I slowly closed my eyes as I waited for a new life to take over my limp body.

"Welcome to a new life, Hyunseung..." Hyuna's deep husky voice sounded again before I really fall into a deep slumber.